The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jake Virtanen | #18 | RW

avelanch

53 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Also wonder if Trevor Knapp is related to Art Knapp? His reporting sure smells a lot like that manure stench I used to have to drive through every day at 99 and King George.

Used to turn at Art Knapp's when I lived in sunny Surrey. I believe that 'Art Knapp' is the business name of Bill vander Zalm.

16 minutes ago, SingleThorn said:

Used to turn at Art Knapp's when I lived in sunny Surrey. I believe that 'Art Knapp' is the business name of Bill vander Zalm.

Nope, he was a real person.

“Arthur William Knapp (May 4, 1914 - February 22, 1991), better known as Art Knapp, was a Canadian businessman and entrepreneur. Art Knapp is best known as the founder of the Art Knapp's chain of garden stores.”

https://www.artknappsurrey.com/history-of-art-knapp

Knapp sold the business to Bill and Art van der Zalm back in the 1950s and they kept the name.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Nope, he was a real person.

“Arthur William Knapp (May 4, 1914 - February 22, 1991), better known as Art Knapp, was a Canadian businessman and entrepreneur. Art Knapp is best known as the founder of the Art Knapp's chain of garden stores.”

https://www.artknappsurrey.com/history-of-art-knapp

Knapp sold the business to Bill and Art van der Zalm back in the 1950s and they kept the name.

you seem to be contradicting yourself here

1 hour ago, Qwags said:

"You better hope it's not me..." or what? What are you going to do?

The perfect example of millennial online threats, or bullying or whatever. Means nothing lmao.

Edit: But as you all have already said, at least the twitter kid realized he better back off and apologize. The evils of social media lmao.

Edited by Kanukfanatic
  • Haha 1

Just now, lmm said:

you seem to be contradicting yourself here

I guess it could be read that way.

The point I was trying to make is that “Art Knapp” wasn’t really the “business name” of Bill Vander Zalm, but rather it was the name of the actual man who founded the company. The van der Zalm family bought the company and continued to operate it under the Art Knapp name.

So “Art Knapp” isn’t a pseudonym that Bill Vander Zalm created for his business dealings.

Also, I believe Art van der Zalm and his kids were much more involved in the actual operations of Art Knapp than the former premier was.

41 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

I guess it could be read that way.

The point I was trying to make is that “Art Knapp” wasn’t really the “business name” of Bill Vander Zalm, but rather it was the name of the actual man who founded the company. The van der Zalm family bought the company and continued to operate it under the Art Knapp name.

So “Art Knapp” isn’t a pseudonym that Bill Vander Zalm created for his business dealings.

Also, I believe Art van der Zalm and his kids were much more involved in the actual operations of Art Knapp than the former premier was.

Bert's Bees used to be owned by Bert,

Tom's of Maine used to be owned by Tom,

and McDonalds used to be owned by McDonald

you stated the Art Knapp sold it to the Zalms in the 50s, that is 60 plus years ago.

I would say, "Yup" the Zalms do business under the Art Knapp name

anyway we are dribbling off topic, cheers

Edited by lmm

2 hours ago, Brad Marchand said:

He finally admitted defeat, at least:

This is some schoolyard bullying tactics. Gets caught spewing bull$&!#, then backpedals and tries to wave it off as a joke once he realizes no one agrees.

Edited by Qwags

4 minutes ago, Kootenay Gold said:

They should rename the program as the Trump school of journalism... he would be one of their star students.

Sadly, one of the main components of today's 'media' is being 1st with the story ! Fact checking could derail a career defining 'scoop' ( think Eklund......one scoop/ lucky guess goes a long way ). It's not just the BCIT grads of the world. I've seen typos on the BBC site. Gotta get the story out now, now, now !

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, kingofsurrey said:

It makes you wonder what BCIT Journalism Program is teaching their students.....

With that kind of false reporting / lack of fact checking....   wow. 

Agreed - and given the social media footprint is "forever", this guy will not be able to get any traction in the local media there likely for at least....forever.