The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

55 minutes ago, Slegr said:

The timing might be right for Tryamkin’s triumphant return. Russia’s economy and reputation are dwindling. We now have two talented Russians on the club for next season, and new management. 
Let’s hope he buys out his last KHL season shortly and pays us some of his loyalty that he has shown in the KHL with a show-me deal.

The fact he's still following the team and more importantly commenting on key signings etc...sounds to me like part of his heart wants to come back...

• Cheers 2

49 minutes ago, Slegr said:

I could be wrong, but I think while he’s no longer Canuck property in the NHL, he still has a year remaining in his current KHL contract. Maybe I’m wrong there?

You are right - Nikita has one more year with Avto and his current contract will expire on April 30, 2023. He will be 29 and becoming UFA.

Just now, Stierlitz said:

You are right - Nikita has one more year with Avto and his current contract will expire on April 30, 2023. He will be 29 and becoming UFA.

With one year left there is a low break fee for a KHL player however. Basically he has to buyout his contract. And he's not even making 1 mil there..so the Canucks could easily sign him for say 2 -3 years at 2 mil and pay a signing bonus to cover that contract out clause.

Now its up to JR and Alvin to really think about this, honestly its stupid not to.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Contact this dummy … Todd Diamond, I  emailed him last week :) 

give him the screws !

image.jpeg.e0b941ec197b153f5b1a528be335607e.jpeg

Any agent worth his salt should have already talked to Nik to see if there's interest and already have talked to JR/Alvin....I hope he already has and they are talking.

We have a huge need on RD, a couple of Russians now, a new coach, and great mgmt team. The oppty to take a spot is there for him with a great coach not Willie the donk.

Edited by NucknAsia
  • Like 2
  • Cheers 1

14 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

So,  

Not reading anything into this..

but….  

78A5F221-7035-48A2-9352-45EBF131AA46.thumb.png.5a94c3f34123825b4e097de4d9edba87.png

This is the Avtomobilist Roster for 2022-23,  as it stands today on Elite Prospects.

Tryamkin is NOT listed, but is SUPPOSED to have one year remaining on his contract with this club.

@Hairy Kneel 

Sure he is officially on the team roster as of June 21, 2022

https://en.khl.ru/clubs/avtomobilist/team/

• Thanks 1

We should've asked to extend his rights due to covid. All the shortened season stuff. Delays etc Hey, maybe extend his rights equal to the number of games shortened each season. 30 games plus 30 games, 60 games into this season?

Edited by Hairy Kneel
  • Like 1

Tryamkin would be an incredible addition to this team being a big, physical right-side dman who skates well and would be a low price option with upside. 

We are so far removed from his last tenure - I have much more trust in this new management group 

• Like 1
  • Vintage 2

3 minutes ago, canucklehead44 said:

Tryamkin would be an incredible addition to this team being a big, physical right-side dman who skates well and would be a low price option with upside. 

We are so far removed from his last tenure - I have much more trust in this new management group 

If he came in at low price on a show me deal then yeah absolutely, starting a little Russian enclave.  If he has progressed as a player in his time in Russia he would be a good complementary player. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1