The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

4 minutes ago, gurn said:

I'd leave too, if the money isn't there, why stay?

Just the whole "running away" bit burns me up.

It’s only a job Gurn,  when it dosent really pay, or make sense to do anymore,.  Sometimes better to walk.

Especially in a Country run by the next “Hitler”.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, gurn said:

"You now have a number of foreigners running away"

That seem a trifle harsh.

Not their country

Not their war

they aren't soldiers.

Just folks that don't want the risk of being bombed or shot by any combatants.

I mean... it's not our war either... yet we're here discussing it. Is that really much different than them having a strong enough opinion to "run away"? Just food for thought.

Also, I'd argue that for soldiers, the term defecting would be more appropriate than running away. I don't feel the 2 terms are necessarily the same, at least not in this context.

Finally, I haven't really looked at where the article came from, but there is also the possibility that "running" was just a term used in translation from Russian to English.

Edited by The Lock
  • Cheers 2

there ZERO chance of Trym ever coming too the NHL. Plus hes always picked Russia over North America. 

I don’t think the NHL wants nothing to do with Russian KHLers and I don’t think Putins Russia wants anyone leaving their propaganda bubble.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.usnews.com/news/sports/articles/2022-03-07/nhl-suspends-agreement-with-russia-based-khl%3fcontext=amp

Edited by HockeyHarry
  • Cheers 3

1 hour ago, Kootenay Gold said:

There is a very real chance that he has received a conscription notice to join the armed forces like so many other young Russian males have.

I don’t think that has happened yet Koots ??

I’ve heard rumours..

38 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

I don’t think that has happened yet Koots ??

I’ve heard rumours..

May not have happened yet but could still be on the table. Vasily probably got a notification but that is only speculation on my part. I really would not be surprised by anything Putin does anymore. I am hoping that those around him in his orbit of power remove him before this escalates beyond his ability to rationally control it.

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

3 hours ago, Kootenay Gold said:

There is a very real chance that he has received a conscription notice to join the armed forces like so many other young Russian males have.

Yikes! Not that worried about Try but not Podz. Someone get to his place and get immigration apps signed! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kootenay Gold said:

I am betting that both Vasily and Danila remain in Canada to train over the summer. As you suggested; I would not be surprised if they both decide to apply to become Canadian citizens.

Apparently they are friends.. Just glad that there appears to be more local support for them than what Try maybe didn’t have. 

• Cheers 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/10/2022 at 9:00 PM, Kootenay Gold said:

I am betting that both Vasily and Danila remain in Canada to train over the summer. As you suggested; I would not be surprised if they both decide to apply to become Canadian citizens.

Hopefully their parents can join them here,  peace of mind for all.

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

Wanted to share this here,.   Will probably not amount to much..  and not reading much into it,

but ..

considering I have only sent 3 or 4 comments to NK over the past 4 years in recognition of what he posts on IG,.   
I am happily surprised that he “liked” my comment on the birth of his second child..

in it, I implied a little more about the possibility of coming back to Vancouver.

it’s the first time I’ve received any acknowledgment of any comment to him.

just thought I’d share,  it did raise my eyebrow.

@Hairy Kneel , if you know someone else who might find this interesting, please pass on ;)

435A71AD-19D4-4B25-9B46-DEA518683A10.thumb.jpeg.e76bb847671cd9bcd2fe349e8e78a917.jpeg

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Wanted to share this here,.   Will probably not amount to much..  and not reading much into it,

but ..

considering I have only sent 3 or 4 comments to NK over the past 4 years in recognition of what he posts on IG,.   
I am happily surprised that he “liked” my comment on the birth of his second child..

in it, I implied a little more about the possibility of coming back to Vancouver.

it’s the first time I’ve received any acknowledgment of any comment to him.

just thought I’d share,  it did raise my eyebrow.

@Hairy Kneel , if you know someone else who might find this interesting, please pass on ;)

435A71AD-19D4-4B25-9B46-DEA518683A10.thumb.jpeg.e76bb847671cd9bcd2fe349e8e78a917.jpeg

Sorry SS.  Does this mean Tree read your post? 

Edited by Alflives