The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

1 hour ago, Muttley said:

I think a tryout situation would be appropriate in training camp. Would show his skill level compared to his potential team-mates. If that process was a successful one,

then you could talk contract, and even then, a short term one to start. I would think he would understand that as would his agent. 

Not sure about 17103478_1143748309086855_25858130284698 the way everyone would see it.

51 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

If he is as good as you think, he'll be picked up from the UFA market.

Given what is going on in Russia, their invasion of Russia is not going well,  and aggressive sanctions are in place to last until a regime change happens, and a move to becoming a Democratic Country happens,

I do not think the KHL will survive the collapse of the economy.

One would hope that Tryamkins agent is telling him to get out, and get to North America for many reasons.

Frankly, I don’t think Todd Diamond has any real relationship with this player..

Im hopeful, Tryamkin, his wife, and his two children exit for their own well being.

They decided to go back home thinking it was stable , and they would do well there.

But all of that is about to change.

Tryamkin, may be having these thoughts already,  last seen two weeks ago on a beach in on the Indian Ocean.….  and this “like” , to my comment on his “post”, about 2 months ago.

814AD3E9-225A-4347-B8E0-266AACFAC5A8.thumb.jpeg.e76324b5cd99c7bb68ef4ce2ec46a4e0.jpeg

With us HOPEFULLY,  or with someone else,  I look forward to watching this player more in North America.

but I do think he should seek the representation of someone else, Dan Milstein has been around for a while and is representing Kuzmenko..  might be a good fit.

@Googlie, if I’m correct, also mentioned a grape vine rumour that Nik was hinting at coming back..   only 2 or 3 degrees apart from  that rumour as I recall ;) 

Damn I’d buy an Avtomobilist 88 jersey to wear and watch him play here in.

Really hope the Canucks brass reach out to all they hold rights too, ask the straight questions, and give the straight answers to.

Ps.   Even after the fact,  a professional tryout offer can happen anytime.

Nik is in a position to cancel the last year of his KHL contract right now.

Edited by SilentSam
  • Like 3

K ,   I dropped the mitts ,   I  emailed Niks agent Todd Diamond and told him an opportunity exists to bring NT back right now.

F816B868-BCA3-4CCF-8BD3-BD8C8E29CFDB.thumb.jpeg.c0272b6b369869cfaa17619d0b064773.jpeg

Let’s Clear the bench boys !!

dog pile on Diamond .. 

528FF1DA-35AC-4205-B32F-720C1C6A5170.thumb.jpeg.cc1b64ed2f7b79c71246959ce5009d4b.jpeg

tjd@isaprosports.com

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/9/2022 at 4:20 PM, NucknAsia said:

I'm not sure why there's people here who are "bitter" about Try leaving, they act like teenage boys scorned by a girl..."he left us and he hurt my feelings! screw him! we don't want him back!' - Jesus, grow up!

His contract was up and he chose to go home for personal reasons, he could barely speak english, his wife was having a tough time adjusting, clearly the Canucks and Bumbling Benning didn't go a good job of helping him / them get acclimatized to a new country, city, culture, language etc. That ignores the disaster that Willie was, pushing him to play like Pronger. That wasn't and isn't his game, but he certainly played physical and stood up for teammates and intimidated opposition in games I saw him play. I still remember that shift against the Ducks where he threw Ritchie in the air with one arm, then put Getzlaf on his can seconds after....

He didn't walk away from a contract, he chose to go work elsewhere, the same right we all have, and actually took LESS money to do so. That alone should tell people how hard it was for him and his wife to adjust.

As a player, he brought something we didn't have, a massive physical presence who could skate and was intimidating. At worst he was a #3 RD, he could have been and could still be more. 

He's a potentially free asset, that solves a major problem for us. It's odd how people accept that Boeser is a human being and had off ice issues, but Try isn't given the same respect.

I for one would welcome him back with open arms and hope this mgmt team is smart enough to be talking to his agent. You move Meyers, bring back Try and all of a sudden, re-signing Miller isn't as big of an issue.

Look at the Av's defense. IMO Tryamkin isn't fast enough for  a serious CUP contender. Spending the TOI to find that out is more than the team can afford. 

On 6/10/2022 at 8:20 AM, NucknAsia said:

I'm not sure why there's people here who are "bitter" about Try leaving, they act like teenage boys scorned by a girl..."he left us and he hurt my feelings! screw him! we don't want him back!' - Jesus, grow up!

His contract was up and he chose to go home for personal reasons, he could barely speak english, his wife was having a tough time adjusting, clearly the Canucks and Bumbling Benning didn't go a good job of helping him / them get acclimatized to a new country, city, culture, language etc. That ignores the disaster that Willie was, pushing him to play like Pronger. That wasn't and isn't his game, but he certainly played physical and stood up for teammates and intimidated opposition in games I saw him play. I still remember that shift against the Ducks where he threw Ritchie in the air with one arm, then put Getzlaf on his can seconds after....

He didn't walk away from a contract, he chose to go work elsewhere, the same right we all have, and actually took LESS money to do so. That alone should tell people how hard it was for him and his wife to adjust.

As a player, he brought something we didn't have, a massive physical presence who could skate and was intimidating. At worst he was a #3 RD, he could have been and could still be more. 

He's a potentially free asset, that solves a major problem for us. It's odd how people accept that Boeser is a human being and had off ice issues, but Try isn't given the same respect.

I for one would welcome him back with open arms and hope this mgmt team is smart enough to be talking to his agent. You move Meyers, bring back Try and all of a sudden, re-signing Miller isn't as big of an issue.

Man, I've been saying the same for yrs!

Big Nik is precisely what the blueline begs for.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

14 minutes ago, bigbadcanucks said:

Tryamkin is wondering, "why do I have Bob Sugar as an agent, when Andrey has Jerry Magguire?".

I know eh?

.. but who knows what’s going on behind the scenes these days,.  The KHL ..  I just have a hard time thinking it’s going to survive the next few years the way World Sanctions are going to effect their economy.

Im pretty sure it would be a common sense move to get out,   Especially if an opportunity has all the probabilities waiting for you in North America.

A one year show me, extendable,  2m contract ….   

Edited by SilentSam
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Nik is watching as closely as Podzzy ..

vv 

69D240DD-D57E-4A47-8830-9305ED6B8580.thumb.png.b476dc036a0e3d20b4a26204b4adb49c.png

Maybe the timing of the KHL starting to implode and a few other Russians joining the Canucks puts us all back on track again.  I still maintain that he exactly what we need on the right side (He’s a lefty but plays RD).  Schenn with Rathbone, Tryamkin with OEL and someone with Hughes still needs to be found.

• Cheers 1

45 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Nik is watching as closely as Podzzy ..

vv 

69D240DD-D57E-4A47-8830-9305ED6B8580.thumb.png.b476dc036a0e3d20b4a26204b4adb49c.png

The timing might be right for Tryamkin’s triumphant return. Russia’s economy and reputation are dwindling. We now have two talented Russians on the club for next season, and new management. 
Let’s hope he buys out his last KHL season shortly and pays us some of his loyalty that he has shown in the KHL with a show-me deal.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

Just now, Slegr said:

The timing might be right for Tryamkin’s triumphant return. Russia’s economy and reputation are dwindling. We now have two talented Russians on the club for next season, and new management. 
Let’s hope he buys out his last KHL season shortly and pays us some of his loyalty that he has shown in the KHL with a show-me deal.

I thought he was a free agent this offseason?

1 minute ago, Chickenspear said:

I thought he was a free agent this offseason?

I could be wrong, but I think while he’s no longer Canuck property in the NHL, he still has a year remaining in his current KHL contract. Maybe I’m wrong there?

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Slegr said:

I could be wrong, but I think while he’s no longer Canuck property in the NHL, he still has a year remaining in his current KHL contract. Maybe I’m wrong there?

This thread and the years are all blending together, so I have no idea what's going on with him anymore

• Cheers 1

40 minutes ago, Slegr said:

I think he goes off the reserve roster and we lose his rights to UFA in July ?