The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

Tryamkin on the PP net front presence...duh. Should have been tried ages ago. Since Tryamkin has been overlapping to the net front these past few games you could see how it intimidates defensive coverage to come back for him. He rattles that cage even as a fly by.

2 minutes ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

Man that would of been awesome if he managed to pull it off!!

Also loved how Tram stood up for his teammate and got fully appraised by Willie for doing so. 

This young man is exciting to watch,  seeing him get scoring chances like that has you on the edge of your seat, and watching him cut his teeth in the "rough house" category puts a sly smile on our faces.

Next year the real excitement begins,. Hope our young core bond through the Summer and pay attention to fitness detail and have fun doing it.

• Upvote 1

He seems to be improving in many areas

personally IMO, he really needs work on making that first pass out of the zone. Many times he's just not reacting quick enough and rings it out and off the boards instead of on someones stick to maintain possession 

just my 2 cents

Go Canucks go

Willie's praise of Tram last night brought a thought to my mind. Did Nikita step up the way he did because of Willie's comments earlier? Could Willie's comments have brought out a better Tryamkin? It's hard to say, but it's a possibility I think many have ignored.

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, ajhockey said:

Willie's praise of Tram last night brought a thought to my mind. Did Nikita step up the way he did because of Willie's comments earlier? Could Willie's comments have brought out a better Tryamkin? It's hard to say, but it's a possibility I think many have ignored.

Very excited about next year for Tryamkin. At some point this kid will develop some meanness then look out.  

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, ajhockey said:

I'll bet that positivity with Nik will prove to be a better psychological ploy than negativity.

18 hours ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

Man that would of been awesome if he managed to pull it off!!

Also loved how Tram stood up for his teammate and got fully appraised by Willie for doing so. 

Right there proves it,.  Nik should play right wing on the pp and in overtime :) 

on the pp he is the speeding drop pass recipient in the neutral zone,.  

And OT he could possibly rush the length from behind his own net, or at least draw 2 players to himself.

Edited by SilentSam
  • Upvote 2

An interesting fact about Tryamkin pointed out in a Virtanen article: 

"Last September, Virtanen saw how seriously Nikita Tryamkin took his level of fitness concern by dropping four-and-a-half per cent body fat in one month."

I hope he continues his motivation for training over the summer and into the next season. If he can play at his peak fitness level and play a high intensity game for 60 minutes, he is going to dominate. 

http://theprovince.com/sports/hockey/nhl/vancouver-canucks/i-have-to-prove-that-i-belong-would-be-canuck-virtanen-turning-corner-with-comets#comments

• Upvote 2

Rough game last night.  He wasn't the only one, I know, but he was quite lifeless out there.  I think this is what WD was referring to, he needs to show up every night to be an effective D-man in the NHL. 

7 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

Rough game last night.  He wasn't the only one, I know, but he was quite lifeless out there.  I think this is what WD was referring to, he needs to show up every night to be an effective D-man in the NHL. 

And what did WD say about Henrik, Daniel, and Edler's lifeless play?

• Upvote 1

On 17/03/2017 at 3:52 PM, leomessi said:

i hope so - you're suppose to encourage and boost your players confidence and not bring it down - especially since he's a rookie.. one that can barely speak our language.

but wait megna is great defensively and offensively! .. play the rookies? 60 mins for megna.

Personally I think Tryamkin (22 yrs. old)) has developed at quite a remarkable rate over this past year if you look at the whole picture. Yet he still looks like he's got so much more to come out of that frame. Let's hope so.

Horvat(21) is also developing at quite a remarkable rate as well.

Granlund(23) & Baertschi(24) again have both shown great progress.

Hutton(23) struggled earlier in the year but has been looking better in the 2nd half of his sophomore season.

Stecher(22) for a rookie did quite well to say the least.

Boeser just turned 20, is looking very promising as well. 2 goals in 3 games might be a sign of the young goal scorer this teams been waiting for.

Something tells me Willie Desjardins might remain our coach for the start of next season?

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, hanzolo said:

Makes me wonder how big of a part Willie had in these players and their development. 

At the very least he ALLOWED them to develop. Can you imagine how well the kids would have developed with someone like Torts screaming at them and giving them no ice time at all?

• Upvote 2

Man, Tryamkin is blossoming into quite the D. Last year at the end of the season he looked good too. I think that pattern if it keeps up is perfect for a playoff run. He's learning who to target on each team. He knows who the 'bad guys' are now.

Man the hit on Brown was great.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Man, Tryamkin is blossoming into quite the D. Last year at the end of the season he looked good too. I think that pattern if it keeps up is perfect for a playoff run. He's learning who to target on each team. He knows who the 'bad guys' are now.

Man the hit on Brown was great.

I love the big guy, and also believe he has the highest ceiling of our current young D.  I do wonder about his summer though.  Maybe the Russian KHL guys are like it used to be over here; they play themselves into shape during the first month of the season?

36 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I love the big guy, and also believe he has the highest ceiling of our current young D.  I do wonder about his summer though.  Maybe the Russian KHL guys are like it used to be over here; they play themselves into shape during the first month of the season?

I think his fitness will be fine, just ask Brown.

• Upvote 1

On 3/24/2017 at 9:39 AM, ajhockey said:

They could have, but a coach calling a player out in the press should be a last resort, especially a 22 year old. Good for the cRussian for responding though. 

On 3/24/2017 at 4:24 PM, SilentSam said:

I'll bet that positivity with Nik will prove to be a better psychological ploy than negativity.

His body language on the bench is so strong sometimes, like after making a mistake he looks like he's a mix of anger, guilt, and shame that's more or less receptive to learning. I like the little pep talks he gets from coaches once and awhile. In my head they're just reminding him not to worry about it, that kind of thing is going to happen again just let it go and focus on the game. 

On 3/27/2017 at 2:29 PM, HomeBrew said:

An interesting fact about Tryamkin pointed out in a Virtanen article: 

"Last September, Virtanen saw how seriously Nikita Tryamkin took his level of fitness concern by dropping four-and-a-half per cent body fat in one month."

I hope he continues his motivation for training over the summer and into the next season. If he can play at his peak fitness level and play a high intensity game for 60 minutes, he is going to dominate. 

http://theprovince.com/sports/hockey/nhl/vancouver-canucks/i-have-to-prove-that-i-belong-would-be-canuck-virtanen-turning-corner-with-comets#comments

Let's see here. September, guy comes to camp not in the best of shape, works to rectify it, doesn't play for what, the month of October while he gets himself together? I still remember some fans blasting WD for not playing him when he was clearly looking a little sluggish on the ice. A strong summer and next camp will hopefully have he and Gudbranson both raring to go. 

• Upvote 2