The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

I heard the interview and in my mind he is just trying to get the young guys ie Tryamkin et al to bring it every night.

Consistency is the key with WD in regards to our yutes. Nothing wrong with demanding that especially now that the youths are going to be given more minutes. Nothing given....blah blah blah.

Same goes with some of his critiques of Boucher. He has had some good moments but cant rest on his laurels now or a huge opportunity may be missed by him.

Tough love I think by Willie atm.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, HomeBrew said:

I am not really picking up how his words are so terrible. Mind clarifying? 

I agree.

Coaches use the "if you do more of (something you did) then we'll win more games" all the time.  Willie just applied it to a past situation.  It was awkward and unquantifiable but the point is that Tryamkin needs to be physical more consistently.  What better time to light a fire than garbage time?

6 hours ago, Roger Neilson's Towel said:

Willie digging his grave in Vancouver deeper every day...

But was he right? We fans have been clamoring for someone to stand up to the Bruins and their shenanigans for years. I personally don't think Tram needs to fight, but he needs to make his presence known in a physical way.

I guess that's Willie's way of letting Tram know that he believes in him?

Weird

Edit: although, for all we know he had that same talk with NT before the Dallas game and that's why he had such a fire under his ass and played such a beast of a game.  Botch probably took that out of context... it is Botch after all 

Edited by 10pavelbure96

1 hour ago, ilduce39 said:

I agree.

Coaches use the "if you do more of (something you did) then we'll win more games" all the time.  Willie just applied it to a past situation.  It was awkward and unquantifiable but the point is that Tryamkin needs to be physical more consistently.  What better time to light a fire than garbage time?

Last I looked Tryamkin was about 60th in Hits in the NHL. Not bad for the kid missing a month and a half at the start of the season.. and just recently another 2 weeks + with the mumps.

6 hours ago, b3. said:

Lol.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out Willie.

I think those comments from Willie Desjardins were from today (Mar.17)

He says gives the same destructive criticism of Tryamkin on the post game interview video on this site.

Still criticizing his conditioning,. After Nik has just had the toughest battle with the mumps!

Developing promising prospects includes giving them confidence.. this man does not.

I don't think he is a Coach that is actually seeing players play.

Wonder how Desjardins would feel after taking Benn on in the 2nd period?

Edited by SilentSam

The Canucks need to bring in someone who can show Tryamkin how to fight. Then he will destroy a couple of guys. Then he will rarely need to fight again.  He will be a presence to be avoided and the Canucks will no longer be a team that can be intimidated. Groot will just stare players down and say "Nyet"

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, The Weasel said:

haha what an idiot. if tryamkin goes after marchand, chara will go after him. 

He's talking about the hit.  Not the fight.

This is all about a young guy playing consistently (or not).  He needs to learn when to be physical and when not to be.  One step forward put Benn on his butt.  Why not with Marchand?  The situation was similar.

Edited by Crabcakes

17 hours ago, HomeBrew said:

I am not really picking up how his words are so terrible. Mind clarifying? 

He's basically putting the burden of the loss on Tryamkin for not going after Marchand, which is ridiculous no matter how you spin it.  It was probably meant more as a testament to how well Marchand played, but still as a coach you don't say crap like that on a player who by all means has played great hockey the past few games.  If Willie had said "if someone had gone after Marchand like Tryamkin went after Benn we could have won that game", then that would have been fair comment, but to call Tree out on it when that isn't even the way the kid plays his game is moronic.

If you're going to say something than throw the kid a compliment, don't throw him under the bus.

• Upvote 3

21 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

This is a prime example of rat media stirring the pot and how it doesn't help this organization in any way. I am not defending WD here but holy context batman.

So Vancouver shouldn't have any media for the Canucks then? lol you're kidding right? Willie said it, not the media

1 hour ago, Rocksterh8 said:

So Vancouver shouldn't have any media for the Canucks then? lol you're kidding right? Willie said it, not the media

haha. the media plays its part as well. 

but i agree, willie did say it, i'm not quite certain what's going through his head these days....

2 hours ago, Jägermeister said:

He's basically putting the burden of the loss on Tryamkin for not going after Marchand, which is ridiculous no matter how you spin it.  It was probably meant more as a testament to how well Marchand played, but still as a coach you don't say crap like that on a player who by all means has played great hockey the past few games.  If Willie had said "if someone had gone after Marchand like Tryamkin went after Benn we could have won that game", then that would have been fair comment, but to call Tree out on it when that isn't even the way the kid plays his game is moronic.

If you're going to say something than throw the kid a compliment, don't throw him under the bus.

WD didn't say they lost because of him, he said that they could of won because of him. Very different. 

• Upvote 2

On 2017-03-18 at 10:56 AM, Rocksterh8 said:

Botchford was the first to tweet this no-issue in a derogatory light.. That useless reporter lusts for 'likes' akin to no other.

Willie spoke maybe 6-8 sentences about Tryamkin. Botchford chose the one that would stir up controversy and went running to twitter. The guy is inexplicably like a 17yr old drama queen. The thing is though, he's supposed to be a professional reporter.