The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

35 minutes ago, stawns said:

I've tolerated you for a long time because every once in awhile you said something constructive.  Now you're just ridiculous all the time and offer absolutely nothing of substance to any discussion.  To ignore you go.

I've had him on ignore for a long time but everybody keeps quoting him.

(Seems overly sensitive about this blogger - perhaps it is the same guy?)

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Goal:thecup said:

I've had him on ignore for a long time but everybody keeps quoting him.

(Seems overly sensitive about this blogger - perhaps it is the same guy?)

I like my fellow Alf, and appreciate the contrarian views.  It's also going to be fun to see when Big Nikita comes back (now WD is gone) what certain posters write.  :towel:

• Upvote 1

Just now, Jimmy McGill said:

Boeser would have been on the 4th line, lucky to have 2nd unit PP time under old Willie. Probably would have started in Utica. 

Next to Bill Laforge, have we had a worse coach (for hindering our young guys' development) than WD?  And it's not just Tryamkin.  There was the stupid comment from WD to Stecher too, "you aren't supposed to be here", and then (next day) Stecher gets sent to Utica, when he was very CLEARLY our next best Dman to Tanev coming out of camp.  I think WD's poor work with our young players even hurt us signing college UFAs.  None of the top college UFAs came here after Stecher!  It's obvious those young guys knew WD's reputation for being terrible with young players.  

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Next to Bill Laforge, have we had a worse coach (for hindering our young guys' development) than WD?  And it's not just Tryamkin.  There was the stupid comment from WD to Stecher too, "you aren't supposed to be here", and then (next day) Stecher gets sent to Utica, when he was very CLEARLY our next best Dman to Tanev coming out of camp.  I think WD's poor work with our young players even hurt us signing college UFAs.  None of the top college UFAs came here after Stecher!  It's obvious those young guys knew WD's reputation for being terrible with young players.  

I'm just glad he didn't get his mitts on Boeser. Or Pettersson.... can you imagine that :wacko:

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I'm just glad he didn't get his mitts on Boeser. Or Pettersson.... can you imagine that :wacko:

I remember WD saying publicly Bo was a fourth line center, and playing him with plugs.  WD did his best to ruin Bo too.  Thank goodness he's gone!  Green makes EVERYONE accountable, including the veteran players.  He's a far better coach for our youth movement.  

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, alfstonker said:

You people are such a joke. The guy flies off and you act like we have lost Doughty. 

I repeat I am only interested in players who want to be here. I haven't spewed half the garbage Tryamkin has. He should have apologised for messing the Canucks about, at least that would have been more honest. He wasn't ready, that is the fact and rather than man up to that fact he tries to blame everyone else - even the city ffs.

Whine, cry, bitch. Rinse. Repeat. Willie Desjardins sucks.

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, alfstonker said:

What kind of convoluted argument is that meant to be. Sober up man, you are embarrassing yourself. 

I come onto this thread to add a bit of sanity to counter the ravings of butthurt Tryamkin zealots like you. :P

Personal abuse = hit a nerve I guess.

... again, all of your assumptions are incorrect..  something you do a lot of it seems..  but i will leave you with your ego.. it must be the only thing holding your world together.. i only pitty the few friends you might have, their empathy for you must be strained. :(

Edited by SilentSam

6 hours ago, stawns said:

I've tolerated you for a long time because every once in awhile you said something constructive.  Now you're just ridiculous all the time and offer absolutely nothing of substance to any discussion.  To ignore you go.

:P

2 hours ago, SilentSam said:

... again, all of your assumptions are incorrect..  something you do a lot of it seems..  but i will leave you with your ego.. it must be the only thing holding your world together.. i only pitty the few friends you might have, their empathy for you must be strained. :(

:P

2 hours ago, SilentSam said:

I love how things get so personal on this site.

• Cheers 1

KHLVerified account @khl_eng 3h3 hours ago
MorKHL 2017-18 All-Star team: Nikita Tryamkin (Avtomobilist)
                                                 Bogdan Kiselevich (CSKA)
                                                 Pavel Francouz (Traktor)
                                                 Dmitry Kagarlitsky (Severstal)
                                                 Justin Azevedo (Ak Bars)
                                                 Nikita Gusev (SKA)

Rookie of the year award goes to 18-year-old forward Vitaly Kravtsov from Traktor. #KHLAwards

Edited by Hairy Kneel
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

20 hours ago, alfstonker said:

Well if WD had Boeser and Vanek, how much better would they have been. All I was saying is there is no reason to cr-p on WD. He did pretty well with what he had.

I get it. Just thought it was worth pointing out that WD at least had a tender that didn’t let the first goal of the game in within the first 5 seconds.

Not really sure why ppl keep crying over spilt milk. It’s over. WD didn’t work out for the nucks! Not the first or the last coach to get shown the door.

Personally I don’t think WD ever really had a chance at being a long term solution in van as coach.

Didn’t have the horses to run the system he wanted to use. This I think was WD’s biggest problem. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Can y'all take your Try vs WD nonsense to PM or something....?

3 minutes ago, Sugar baby watermelon said:

Does anyone really think that the BFG is coming back?  If he did come back where does he slot in?  He will probably want a top 4 role.

Hard to say what the D looks like in 2 more years when his KHL contract is up. Do we sign one of the big name D who are pending UFA's in July 2019? Do we re-sign Edler? How do Juolevi, Pouliot, Hutton, Brisebois, McEneny, Chatfield, Rathbone, this year's 7OA etc develop? Who else do we draft/trade for/sign in those two years? Does Tanev get traded? Etc, etc...

Both him and Pouliot can play right side (Brisebois as well IIRC) which gives us some options. I think he'd probably straddle 2nd/3rd pair #4/#5 D assuming our D is shaping up well.

Might take a bit longer than those 2 seasons but I think ideally we're looking at something like Juolevi>Tryamkin>Brisebois as our eventual left D depth say 3-4+ years from now. If we're looking at 2 years from now when he could be back I'd think we'd be looking something like Edler>Juolevi>Tryamkin>Brisebois. (I don't see Hutton here long term personally. I think they're praying he has a good summer/start to the season so they can move him for value).

Depending what else happens (UFA's/trades/draft), the right side would probably have some mix of Tanev, Stecher, Gudbranson, 2019UFA, 7thOA, Pouliot, Chatfield, long shot... Rathbone etc in two years. In 3-4...? Man that gets murky.

Pretty clear that there's going to be a fair bit of movement though, so don't get too attached folks :lol: