The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

On 12/19/2020 at 6:41 PM, mll said:

11 February is the new RFA signing deadline which applies for Tryamkin to be allowed to play this season.  

and interestingly enough the KHL regular season ends on Feb 27th.  Avtomobilist is presently outside of playoff contention.

The month of February might be very interesting..  if Tryamkin is able to cut lose from his contract, it will not amount to much money paid to do so.

• Cheers 3

4 minutes ago, Slegr said:

Interesting. It looks like he’d miss 6 regular season KHL games if he signed on Feb 11. I think his team would need to be clearly out of the playoff picture before he makes that kind of decision. 

Does anyone know how buying out a contract over there works?

Does it have to be agreed upon by the team/league or can a player just do it at any time?

2 hours ago, Slegr said:

Interesting. It looks like he’d miss 6 regular season KHL games if he signed on Feb 11. I think his team would need to be clearly out of the playoff picture before he makes that kind of decision. 

They have only won one game out of their last 11 games. Number one goalie looks done, coming off an injury last year.

Back up goalies are weak.  

There's a break after Feb 5th in which he'll have a few days till the Feb 11th cut off, to decide if he'll buy himself out. The team returns to play on Feb 16 - 27.

Too bad his 13 games in 2015-2016 count as a season for the expansion draft.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

They have only won one game out of their last 11 games. Number one goalie looks done, coming off an injury last year.

Back up goalies are weak.  

There's a break after Feb 5th in which he'll have a few days till the Feb 11th cut off, to decide if he'll buy himself out. The team returns to play on Feb 16 - 27.

Too bad his 13 games in 2015-2016 count as a season for the expansion draft.

We are allowed to protect 3 d men,

Id say we protect Hughes Schmidt and Tryamkin.

Edler will be out of his contract, Highly doubt Myers is taken,.  Or Benn.

every one else on D is ineligible I beleive Harry ??

(Jolevi Rafferty Rathbone Woo Chatfeild)

or am I missing something here?

Edited by SilentSam
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SilentSam said:

We are allowed to protect 3 d men,

Id say we protect Hughes Schmidt and Tryamkin.

Edler will be out of his contract, Highly doubt Myers is taken,.  Or Benn.

every one else on D is ineligible I beleive Harry ??

(Jolevi Rafferty Rathbone Woo Chatfeild)

or am I missing something here?

Need to protect OJ. Hughes is exempt though.

That said, I doubt we have Try to worry about this season. Doubt we see him sign before 21-22.

Love to see us use that third protection spot to pick up a solid righty for cheap from a team that's looking like they'll lose one in the ED.

Edited by aGENT
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, aGENT said:

That said, I doubt we have Try to worry about this season. Doubt we see him sign before 21-22.

Love to see us use that third protection spot to pick up a solid righty for cheap from a team that's looking like they'll lose one in the ED.

Yep this.  Those protection spots could be put to really good use and retool a defence after this season.

We really only need to protect Schmidt for sure.  Juolevi could be protected if we have a slot or could also be upgraded on.

Tons of solid D who will be exposed during expansion that could be had for cheap.

Edited by Provost
  • Cheers 1

3 hours ago, aGENT said:

54 minutes ago, Provost said:

Yep this.  Those protection dots could be put to really good use and retool a defence after this season.

We really only need to protect Schmidt for sure.  Juolevi could be protected if we have a slot or could also be upgraded on.

Tons of solid D who will be exposed during expansion that could be had for cheap.

I beleive both Hughes, and OJ (games played), as well as a host of others we have are exempt from the Extorsion draft..

Edlers and Benns contracts will have expired by then,.. 
Myers, and Schmidt are all that’s left to protect with NTCs.

image.thumb.png.c04103d2b09d9df20ea6ae37e44e1d1c.png

15 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

I beleive both Hughes, and OJ (games played), as well as a host of others we have are exempt from the Extorsion draft..

Edlers and Benns contracts will have expired by then,.. 
Myers, and Schmidt are all that’s left to protect with NTCs.

image.thumb.png.c04103d2b09d9df20ea6ae37e44e1d1c.png

Hughes is exempt, OJ is not. Myers doesn't have a NMC for expansion, nor does Schmidt (though we'll be protecting the latter regardless).

Edited by aGENT
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, aGENT said:

Hedman, Sergachev, Cernak, Foote.  They can only protect 3.  They can trade Cernak to us or lose him for free.  We can help them out by taking Killorn off their hands so they don't have to play musical chairs LTIR version with Kucherov and Stamkos for the next 3 years.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Boudrias said:

Vancouver will lose a player to Seattle so who? I can see Edler as a non issue but Myers could be very much an option. 

Just wondering; is Myers a six million dollar a year guy on this team? Is he worth it? Would we lose him if we don't protect him. The fact that Benning wouldn't give him an NMC may hint at Benning's thinking of what happens down the road. 

4 minutes ago, Ray_Cathode said:

Just wondering; is Myers a six million dollar a year guy on this team? Is he worth it? Would we lose him if we don't protect him. The fact that Benning wouldn't give him an NMC may hint at Benning's thinking of what happens down the road. 

While certainly not a bargain. That's not an out of line rate for a UFA aged, top 4 D. It's neither a great or a poor contract (pre covid anyway). And the term is also quite manageable, with no NMC for the ED.

How quickly people forget the '$7x7 with an NMC' rumors that were floating around our crack media :lol:

Now that said, can we pick up a younger, cheaper perhaps RFA aged player with some club control with a similar (or higher) ceiling to replace him and use a protection slot on? Perhaps...

• Cheers 1

7 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Hedman, Sergachev, Cernak, Foote.  They can only protect 3.  They can trade Cernak to us or lose him for free.  We can help them out by taking Killorn off their hands so they don't have to play musical chairs LTIR version with Kucherov and Stamkos for the next 3 years.

They’ll likely go 4Fs + 4 Ds.  

Kucherov Stamkos Cirelli Point are protected and the other forwards can be left exposed.

Edited by mll
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Wow OJ is exposed? That sucks. We barely even saw him play. He's still relatively  an unknown prospect. Hate to lose him before we see what he's capable of at the NHL level.

Well, we do have this upcoming season to evaluate his NHL play before deciding whether or not to protect him in the ED.

• Cheers 2