The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Johansen and CBJ far apart on a new deal

elvis15

Guest Dasein

It would probs take Horvat, Kassian, 1st + ??? to get RJ

Best center to come out of the WHL since Ryan Getzlaf, and plays a similar game.

So much potential there, and is already a 30-goal scorer.

That would be a tough call though - Horvat + Kassian + 1st...

There would have to be a big contract going back I can't think of anyone not having a no trade clause.

1st

Horvat

Tanev

Prob not enough salary leaving maybe if we traded a goalie elsewhere

If we replace Tanev with Lack/Marsktrom I think that sounds like a fair deal to me. I'd do that

markstrom hansen jensen gaunce is a package id offer

sedin sedin vrbata

kassian johansen shinkaruk

higgins bonino burrows

mattias horvat dorsett

kenins/sestito

would be a nice mix of vets and youngsters

And that's an offer they laugh at and hang up on.

Just like to point out, the only thing that hinders Ryan's full value is that he's an RFA holding out for a contract.

Columbus is going to come off their high asking price if he doesn't have a contract.

I don't believe there is an asking price. I seriously doubt they've entertained the thought trading him even for a moment. They still have plenty of time to get a deal done.

I was more or less referring to the fact that the pieces included in that proposed trade (Bonino, Matthias, Hansen) are worth more than what we got For Kesler IMO, so it's not as big of a stretch value wise. All the while people are laughing and saying Columbus would block our number.

its not about 'fair value'. like maybe the trade bars add up in be a gm mode, but its more about getting a certain caliber of player, or a specific need met, and less "here are a bunch of pieces that should make about fair value". They'd either want an established veteran first liner or a prospect with elite upside + a roster player, at minimum, and Bonino, Mattias, Hansen don't really meet either of those needs - although they are all good in their roles and its hard to argue against 3:1.

Your sort of right. It's an odd template for sure.

But Bonino, Tanev and Hansen are all (good) depth players. Shink is a question mark. There is no Ryan Kesler, Top ten drafted prospect already on the roster or anything actually significant in the offer.

Forsberg was a 200 lb stud athlete absolute top flite prospect. The Canucks may have had two guys in their history of Steve Duchesne's calibre at his position. Ricci and Chris Simon spent time as top line forwards, all stars even if I'm not mistaken. Multiple first round picks and $15 mill cash.

Me thinks the Lindross comparison might be overstating it a bit.

You're right, sort of.

But for starters, calling Bonino and Tanev "depth players" is presumptuous. Tanev is already a top 4 quality young defenseman, and apparently people here are still unaware for the most part who Bonino is.

Btw, here's the actual proposal.

Bonino, Shink, Tanev, Hansen, 2015 1st(top-10 protected, move to 2016 if necc), Lack or Marky.

What is clearly unknown is what becomes of that 1st, and Shinkaruk - people on these boards have a funny tendency to throw players like Shinkaruk (and future 1sts) into deals as if an afterthought. Despite Virtanen, Shinkaruk may be the best pure goal scorer in the Canucks system.

Anyhow, it appears you'd rather split hairs than consider the crux of the point.

There really is no "B" asset in that proposal. 6 very good pieces - I'm not going to re-state how undervalued Hansen tends to be on these boards, but he may be the least valued asset in that deal - and that imo makes that proposal just nuts. It takes some time to build some depth in your system - dropping six quality assets at once.....

You might notice that Lack is also considered a potential 6th piece. That my friend is crazy. I love Johansen and might overpay for him, but not by twice the price.

You're right, sort of.

But for starters, calling Bonino and Tanev "depth players" is presumptuous. Tanev is already a top 4 quality young defenseman, and apparently people here are still unaware for the most part who Bonino is.

Btw, here's the actual proposal.

Bonino, Shink, Tanev, Hansen, 2015 1st(top-10 protected, move to 2016 if necc), Lack or Marky.

What is clearly unknown is what becomes of that 1st, and Shinkaruk - people on these boards have a funny tendency to throw players like Shinkaruk (and future 1sts) into deals as if an afterthought. Despite Virtanen, Shinkaruk may be the best pure goal scorer in the Canucks system.

Anyhow, it appears you'd rather split hairs than consider the crux of the point.

There really is no "B" asset in that proposal. 6 very good pieces - I'm not going to re-state how undervalued Hansen tends to be on these boards, but he may be the least valued asset in that deal - and that imo makes that proposal just nuts. It takes some time to build some depth in your system - dropping six quality assets at once.....

You might notice that Lack is also considered a potential 6th piece. That my friend is crazy. I love Johansen and might overpay for him, but not by twice the price.

Too many parts going back, take away Shinkaruk and I'd be fine with it

Bonino

Tanev

Hansen

1st rounder

Markstrom

He has a bit of leverage. It would be devastating to their young up and coming team if he sat out a year. After finally breaking out of mediocrity the last thing they want to do is fade back into oblivion. They should just get a short term deal done with decent money. Something like 10/2

If I'm CBJ I would be looking for something along the lines of Kesler Hansen and a second.

Since the Kesler deal is done it would be

Bonino Sbisa McCann Hansen and 2015 2nd.

Too much to give up for 1 guy.

Not going to lie to you, I'd do that deal. Probably not a good move by management but I like RJ.

Archived