The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumor) Evander Kane to Van

At first I was thinking wtf that would be terrible.

But it actually wouldn't be so bad, it would actually improve our team and solidify our roster.

Sedin - Sedin - Vrbata

Kane - Bonino - Kassian

Higgins - Vey - Mathias

? - Richardson - Dorsett

The deal looks good to me if they remove either Shink or the first.

I think Kane for Lack, Burrows, Hansen, and a first would be a better deal for both sides. Lack solidifies their goaltending (Pavelec is a 1B goalie making to much money), Burrows and Hansen are two character guys who can contribute a two-way game and they get a first to help build their future. Markstrom can develop nicely behind Miller (pushed by Eriksson) and has potential to be an elite player.

I think after the little prospect camp that went on. I doubt Benning would want to trade Shink. Guy has been out most the year from playing hockey and his stick handling made everyone else look like a kid picking up a stick for the first time. Plus part of the whole Medicine Hat Culture we have going on as well.

Sounds to me like someone in the Rock 101 marketing department is stirring things up rather than a well-researched rumour with valid sources from their sports crew. Anyway, Trevor said that the Canucks were basically done for the summer heading into training camp on the radio yesterday. So, I am not buying this.

Archived