The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Canucks @ Penguins

-Vintage Canuck-

That's actually what prompted me to go through the schedule because as I recall, they've been beating up on everyone, not simply Edmonton - and I made that comment in the GDT at the time - but they were 6-1-1 at that point.

The same BS has been passed off regarding the Canucks for years - that their records in their contending years were inflated by virtue of being in the Northwest. I've made a few posts (and a thread) on the subject in past few years - to evidence that in fact they beat up on every single division in hockey - in fact absolutely dominated the best division in the NHL - the Central - through those years - and dominated every division in the league.

Posted this last season, so keep in mind that "last year" now refers to two seasons ago.

In other words, if the other Northwest opponents had not existed at all, the Canucks still would have been posting seasons in the 110 point range through those years.

The attempt to over-inflate the significance of a few extra points against Edmonton is a fail and always has been.

Yeah it's odd he would say that when other pacific division teams will play the Oilers the same amount of games. Wonder what spin they will put on it if Edmonton wins some games against the darlings in California.

You know what I love about this team? When the 3rd and 4th lines are on the ice, I'm as excited as I would be if it were the Sedins. Because you just know that every line is a scoring threat and every line will do good things when they're out there!

Problem for other teams.....which of our lines to shut down !??!?! LOL

Lovin' it

Enjoyed the game... loved the skating and tough fore-checking keeping the Pens in their own end for so much of the game. Canucks got lucky on the Crosby miss and Richie's shorty, but deserved the win. Congrats to Eddie!!

My DVR was playing tricks on me. About 2-3 minutes into the second, I must have hit some interesting combinations of buttons as I was fast-forwarding past a whistle, and the game jumped to 5 mins left in the 2nd. Not noticing the jump, I thought it was an error showing 3-0 instead of 1-0, until I saw how much time was left. Ruined the surprise of seeing both goals, but the end-result sure was nice!

Yep, my thinking too. It's genius marketing. Look at all the people talking about the product now. And all you guys that keep bringing it up are falling for it. Enough already.

Exactly. Same as Chevy make a mockery of technology and stuff at the world series. It's genius. The point of advertising is to get in people's heads. Now anytime we think of dressing, it's kraft.

I'm not very computer savy but when Richardson scores that gimme goal from Hansen he points at him and says honey badger

Would be a funny video clip if someone can put it together

you can request that be made into a sig for your profile - there are a number of posters here who offer to do that for folks....

I'm not very computer savy but when Richardson scores that gimme goal from Hansen he points at him and says honey badger

Would be a funny video clip if someone can put it together

Hahahahahah that would be awesome! I didn't notice, did he actually say honey badger?

If I was him I would say:

Damn Hansen you're so hot right now

Yep, my thinking too. It's genius marketing. Look at all the people talking about the product now. And all you guys that keep bringing it up are falling for it. Enough already.

Product awareness is one thing (an important one, nonetheless), but will all the chatter and product awareness be converted to product purchase?

Back to the game: solid effort by the entire team. IMO, the team is starting to play Willie's system instinctively...the wave of fore-checking that the 3rd/4th lines are employing is starting to resemble the relentless pressure/fore-checking system of contending teams. Shots against is starting to show the team has tightened up their game in the neutral zone -- there seems to be less opposing players coming into our zone is full flight like they were in the first 20 games of the season. IMO, the systems play is only going to improve as it becomes more engrained into the team's collective mind set.

Actually at this stage 7 points is a pretty comfortable margin.

Well technically yes and no.

Yes because I saw on TSN that after American Thanksgiving, all that the Canucks need to do to make the playoffs is play .500 hockey rest of the way if the cutoff point line is the same as last year. Pretty reassuring.

No because there's still a lot of hockey left and a 7 point margin is just a 4-game losing streak away from being erased. I'm holding my breath for January.

Archived