The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Canucks @ Penguins

-Vintage Canuck-

Best all round effort since the 2011 run. This team is looking for real. Gotta give WD some credit..rolling four lines and doing all the right things.

I always partcipate in the "rate the players" feature (which a a nice idea). Tonight for the first time I gave no grade below "3". Everyone was at least pretty good. Bieksa had his best game in a while.

I don't get the criticism of Edler in this thread. In back to back nights, Edler has shut down Ovechkin and Crosby. What more do we want?

Frankly the Canucks were unlucky to score only 3 goals. They had a lot of grade "A" chances and both the first line and third line had long shifts played entirely in the Pittsburgh end -- making it look like a power play.

Vey was unlucky not get on the scoresheet and he made a great play to set up Matthias when Matthias hit the goal post. For people who said Vey is no better that Ebbett, I hope they could see the difference tonight. Vey is far better right now AND is still improving whereas Ebbett has peaked.

And nice to see Eddy get his GAA under 3 and save percentage over 90%. He had a solid game tonight.

Full marks for this win all around.

My question is: How is there room for Kassian when he gets healthy? I suppose someone will get hurt but, if not, I now have Kassian as 13th man. The bottom six has been great on this road trip.

We won this game in spite of pretty poor officiating as usual when we face Pittsburgh.

Horvat getting clotheslined? Eddie getting interfered with? And Stanton's hit was clean.

Our elite level of play and the Hockey God's won this game for us.

1) Stanton's hit was clean and therefore no penalty called on the play and we scored a goal right after.

2) I don't know the Edler play you're talking about.

3) Well the hit on Horvat was clean and legal.

Bo was stickhandling around the defender so he still had the puck on his stick when he got flattened. He learned his lesson - chip and chase so that the guy has to take an interference penalty if he hits you in that situation next time. Got tagged with the "too many men" right after but that's more on whoever jumped on the ice for him - if you see the kid still following the play then don't freaking jump on the ice...

Point though - got right back up and tracked the play. There's that man's body and physical readiness everybody's talking about - young but built like a tank.

So... on 2/3, the right call made, and assuming that Edler did get interfered with that one time, it would still only be one blown call... hardly poor officiating.

1) Stanton's hit was clean and therefore no penalty called on the play and we scored a goal right after.

2) I don't know the Edler play you're talking about.

3) Well the hit on Horvat was clean and legal.

Bo was stickhandling around the defender so he still had the puck on his stick when he got flattened. He learned his lesson - chip and chase so that the guy has to take an interference penalty if he hits you in that situation next time. Got tagged with the "too many men" right after but that's more on whoever jumped on the ice for him - if you see the kid still following the play then don't freaking jump on the ice...

Point though - got right back up and tracked the play. There's that man's body and physical readiness everybody's talking about - young but built like a tank.

So... on 2/3, the right call made, and assuming that Edler did get interfered with that one time, it would still only be one blown call... hardly poor officiating.

The penguin player didn't have a stick and interfered with Horvat. also the play left his feet to hit bo. therefore it wasn't clean. but the league won't do anything

Hate to play devil's advocate after what was a good performance but

The Pens had none of their top wingers (Kunitz, Dupuis, Bennett all out, plus Letang's been injured and then Hornqvist got decked). Good that Lack got the upper hand on Sid and that Tommy was having a Greiss-away in his crease, but I'd reserve from getting over-excited.

Still a win's a win's a win!

Its not our fault they don't have DEPTH like us :towel::frantic::lol:::D:P

We have 10 Canucks with 5+ goals at 26 games. That's pretty incredible really.

Good big win. Off to the Laffs.

Sort of hope Eddie gets the start giving miller a little more rest time.

The depth is what separates this team from the former teams. No 100 point seasons for the Sedins anymore, but good depth and still a lot of production from the top 2 lines.

To everyone saying that the Pens were missing some top6 wingers, we still managed to SHUT OUT Crosby and Malkin without our #1D Hamhuis and with our backup goalie. We limited their lethal PP to two shots, and we got a SHG.

If we had won 5-4 in a shootout then maybe those excuses would make more sense, but we got the fans to boo in a 3-0 shutout.

Great game IMO.

Archived