The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Dreger) Canucks and Bruins talking trade

Southpop45

Why wouldn't they?

Their forwards are getting older and they're gonna need young replacements.

Boston also needs more skill right now since they're having trouble scoring.

For starters he's 175 lbs. And a LW playing behind Lucic and Marchand.

What they need is a RW and cap relief.

More plausible IMO if Marchand is moved. But he is a two way effective forward with nuts. I highly doubt they will pencil Marchand and Lucic in on their top two lines if they trade Lucic for said cap relief.

Plus they are a win now team. With 4 somewhat peewee size skilled forwards coming up the ranks (Pastrnak, Khokhlachev, Spooner & Seth Griffith), and none of any real size and substance (besides former 1st rounder Caron who has been on waivers this year);

I could easily see a cpl of their smaller skilled prospects being packaged with a D man to solve what ails them at the moment?

For starters he's 18 years old...

Thats fine.

The odd's of him being an impact player as a 175 lb 18 year old are extremely slim.

I mean its possible? It is more plausible to bet on it taking more time. As well as dangerous to rush the kid. One nice goal and a rebound goal is far to early to be anointing the guy as a star.

I'd also bet on the B's doing an upgrade at forward before the deadline.

Thats fine.

The odd's of him being an impact player as a 175 lb 18 year old are extremely slim.

No, at 18 it means he can likely add at least 15 pounds to his frame over the next few years and top out at 190-195, which is the average weight for a forward.

He already has the skill to be an impact player, just needs to add some muscle.

No, at 18 it means he can likely add at least 15 pounds to his frame over the next few years and top out at 190-195, which is the average weight for a forward.

He already has the skill to be an impact player, just needs to add some muscle.

Fair enough.

But it also suggests he is only in NHL this week, before he is fully developed and ready, because the B's don't have better options.

On the Minny "rumour": If Minnesota wanted in upgrade in goaltending, why would they want Lack or Markstrom. They're trying to upgrade from Kuemper. Not bring in pretty much the same thing (in Lack) or less (in Markstrom).

It's more about replacing Backstrom who's 36.

They don't really have options on the farm going forward.

We did blow up that Minny rumour. Reported by team1040, aka dreger 2.0.

However there may be some substance to Minny wanting a goalie, they are apparently going after a Buffalo goalie, Cox said that so once again not hugely reliable.

Archived