The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Dreger) Canucks and Bruins talking trade

Southpop45

He's a third liner they have to shelter because his head is broken from multiple concussions sustained in rapid succession last season.

This would be a David Booth-style pickup.

No thanks.

Correct me if i'm wrong, but wasn't Eriksson playing top-6 minutes with Bergeron/Krejci (they interchanged since both kept getting injured) but has only recently been demoted to the 3rd because of Griffith?

Pretty sure Griffith was stapled to the 4th line/2nd PP time and Eriksson had his spot.. (Griffith plays on the 1st line now iirc)

He's a third liner they have to shelter because his head is broken from multiple concussions sustained in rapid succession last season.

No thanks.

No thanks.

Agree

Bruins need a top 6 RW, so they trade one.........makes sense?

Well take your broken down 30 yr old and give you our 23 yr old emerging RW with size and snarl.........uh NO!

I wouldn't mind Eriksson but he's a UFA after next year. Giving young players would be absurd.

No thanks.

LOL!

A third liner with 18:11 ATOI per game? (7 seconds lower than team-high Krejci, and higher than any of our forwards not named Sedin.)

A third liner who is 3rd in team scoring? And 1st in +/-?

LOL!

A third liner with 18:11 ATOI per game? (7 seconds lower than team-high Krejci, and higher than any of our forwards not named Sedin.)

Well that's what happens when the guy you're responding to has never even seen him play this year.

I never know how to take TomL posts, I really don't.

LOL!

yeah - and "sheltered" - facing the 4th strongest quality of competition of B's forwards lol.

LOL!

Sorry, just saw that he's currently on their third line with Soderstrom. Aren't Krejci and Bergeron still their top-2 centers? ... And that he indeed has sustained multiple concussions lately.

But now that you point out his ice time, then I'm also not impressed by his production level. He hasn't been all that good since 2012. Injuries have taken their toll and it's only going to get worse.

So... No thanks.

You'd think more people here would learn after the David Booth fiasco.

Well that's what happens when the guy you're responding to has never even seen him play this year.

I never know how to take TomL posts, I really don't.

I hear you. Sometimes he's right on. Don't know of any other poster who's more Jekyll and Hyde.

And yes, ToML, Jekyll and Hyde should be your new username.

yeah - and "sheltered" - facing the 4th strongest quality of competition of B's forwards lol.

Clearly a terrible player. I mean his 353 points in 501 games with Dallas prior to the trade and 7 points in 10 Olympic games played obviously screams plug.

Agree 100%

Bruins need a top 6 RW, so they trade one.........makes sense?

Well take your broken down 30 yr old and give you our 23 yr old emerging RW with size and snarl.........uh NO!

I hope these other people aren't recommending trading Kassian for Eriksson. Even if they think Eriksson will last a season or two, that trade will haunt us for years. But I don't think our cap permits it anyway.

"Booth was a 30 goal scorer!" lol

The whole "injury prone" argument with Eriksson is flat-out ridiculous.

Eriksson did miss 21 games last year, but those were the first games he'd missed since 2010-11. In that season, the 3 games he missed in 2010-11 (2 for head injury, 1 for flu) were the only 3 games he had missed in his whole career up until Boston.

Zach Kassian has missed more games due to injury than Loui Eriksson. Suck on that for a bit.

Eriksson did miss 21 games last year, but those were the first games he'd missed since 2010-11. In that season, the 3 games he missed in 2010-11 (2 for head injury, 1 for flu) were the only 3 games he had missed in his whole career up until Boston.

Zach Kassian has missed more games due to injury than Loui Eriksson. Suck on that for a bit.

TOML has himself a new straw man named David Booth. Apparently Eriksson sucks by association to David Booth lol.

Gee, I hope these folks aren't advocating trading Kassian for him....(in a thread where virtually all of us are rejecting that proposal).

This is what he does though. When he puts his foot in his mouth and suggest something daft like Eriksson is a third liner (who averages 57 points / 82 games) or Eriksson needs to be "sheltered" he won't acknowledge that he was flat out wrong - but elects instead to stick the foot in deeper.

Chiarelli and Coach Julian are in big trouble!

Look at the gong show happening in TOR, well BOS is behind them in the standings and coming off a loss to 29th place CAR!

Chara is getting older fast, and after losing Boychuk to Cap restraints, he now must sign Hamilton, Smith, Krug, etc. with no cap space.

The Bruins fanbase is still reeling off of the Seguin trade!

Eriksson is one of his only cards to play to remove a $4.5M contract that the BOS faithful would not crucify him for moving and I am sure he would prefer to deal him to a western Conf. team.

Higgins could replace Ericksson on the 2nd line at a much more reasonable cap hit

Higgins + Shinkaruk + 2nd 2016 pick for Ericksson + Morrow

So we bail them out with youth and capspace so they can rebuild? The Canucks Foundation charity doesn't apply to the roster.

cant compare booth to Eriksson.

Sure booth had 1 30 goal year, but thats it. Eriksson has produced much more consistantly for longer period, and even with the recent concussions he has 25pts in 40 gp. And he didnt start the season well.

If the deal is right I try to get Eriksson to help inject some offence on the bonino line

Sedins vrbata

eriksson bonino burrows

should be a decent top 6. better than hansen/higgins/vey making up the 2nd line, and short stint of dorsett

Eriksson and one of khohklachev/morrow coming our would interest me

Pardon me, but how it what he did prior to the major injury relevant? Booth was a 30-goal scorer before his concussions. The hope for us was that he'd return to that form, but that's just false hope, sorry.

Kassian is 23 years old and is just starting to find his game. Please don't tell me we're trading him for a broken-head soft 30yr old on the decline. (Ask any honest Boston fan on that one. He hasn't been the same since pre-concussions last season.)

Sure, we can take on a bad contract, again, but we absolutely need a top-notch prospect coming our way to do it. It's time to stop making the same dumbass mistakes that led to where this team is currently at.

But what the return for Eriksson would be isn't even clear. Kassian was rumoured before, so there's that. But as stated, that's plain up dumb. We need to get younger and stronger, not older and softer.

To boston:

Kassian

Bieksa

Jensen

To van:

1st rd pick 2015

Ericsson

Krug

Boston was scouting Utica three straight games

Jensen can be that top 6 player they need as well as getting toughness in Bieksa and kassian. They also shed a ton of cap, we gain a puck moving defenseman a solid top 6 player and a a very good prospect with the pick

Why would you judge the trade in 5-7 years? Seguin has 20 years of hockey left in his career. Will Eriksson and Smith's contributions be bigger than Seguins over the next 20 years? Nope, not even close. Seguin is a legitimate superstar and arguably has the most value of any player in the league, PERIOD. There is no player younger than him and better. Colossal mistake by the Bruins to give up on a player with his potential

You like to speak in absolutes and pretend to know the future - which does absolutely nothing for your credibility or pretenses of authority.

The suggestion that Seguin is the most valuable player in the league doesn't help your case either, at all.

Seguin has peers - in his own age group - that are clear and simple comparables - Tarasenko (41 pts +19), Kucherov (41pts +26), Johansen (36 pts and probably the premier young two way forward in the NHL) - if you knew anywhere near as much as you posture to, you'd realize that any of these players can be seen to have value in the same range as Seguin - and in fact, Tarasenko comes with a 1.75 million cap hit, while Kucherov is a $712k cap hit for the next two years, and Johanssen three years at 4 million. Forsberg is 20 years old, with 38 pts and +28 with a 1.4 million cap hit. Ekblad is a 19 year old defenseman with 22 points on an ELC.

Your oversimplifications and fortune telling aren't that convincing.

To boston:

Kassian

Bieksa

Jensen

To van:

1st rd pick 2015

Ericsson

Krug

Boston was scouting Utica three straight games

Jensen can be that top 6 player they need as well as getting toughness in Bieksa and kassian. They also shed a ton of cap, we gain a puck moving defenseman a solid top 6 player and a a very good prospect with the pick

Why would Vancouver elect to move both Kassian and Jensen - their two young, big. fast, talented RWs, one NHL ready and the other on the verge? And why would Boston be looking to take back cap in the form of Bieksa? That imo is one unrealistic proposal.

It has nothing to do with how good Eriksson is, but about the direction of the franchise. Do you want to sell off (more) youth for 30-year-olds just to prop up the Sedins for another year or two? Or do you want to actually start moving OUT older players and phase in young ones? If the former, then why was Gillis fired?

I thought this (along with getting bigger) was what has been despaired about here for the past three years, but apparently not and people are happy with more Gillis-like Calgary bandaiding in the hopes that there's just one more run to the cup with the current core. Is the retool now over with? Will this be extended yet another 2-3 years to the point where the team has no other choice but to blow it all up and rebuild from scratch?

Time to start actually looking at the overall picture and long-term rather than playing NHL15 and plopping in players just because they show up in (fabricate) trade speculation.

I think this is actually very possible if that is the route that is taken. Something seen during the first Jokinen/Camalerri stint in calgary.

Trading younger players for older players, signing older UFA's over younger players drafting poorly and not developing guys etc.

People mocked the fact that this was a possibility yet in the last 3 years it is exactly what has happened. This years additions of Vrbata and Miller in no way precipitate a youth movement but keep us competitive for a time.

I know that we will not go the same road calgary DID, but the likelihood of a similar route is far from impossible if this happens

Why would Vancouver elect to move both Kassian and Jensen - their two young, big. fast, talented RWs, one NHL ready and the other on the verge? And why would Boston be looking to take back cap in the form of Bieksa? That imo is one unrealistic proposal.

Why...because of Grenier of course.

He's the answer :bigblush:

Do you realize we don't actually have a future except for Virtanen? Horvatt is a 4th liner who wasn't good enough to go the WJR's and we're scared to call up any other draft picks.

This is the dumbest thing I have read in a very long time. I would point out all of the things wrong with this post, but I just don't have the time.

Archived