The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Panthers @ Canucks

-Vintage Canuck-

I went into the game with a Luongo jersey while Louuuuuing whenever he made a play. What can I say, I like Luongo while being a Canucks fan. Only time I am going to see him all season.

LOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

I am sorry to say that I am not sorry if that makes peeps upset. ;P

On the other hand the Canucks performance was garbage after the 1st. We deserved to lose that one, only player that did his job was Miller, too bad he couldn't score on the pp and not turn the puck over lol. Horrid D and PP.

games last 3 periods last time I checked

the game was tied up 10 minutes into the 1st, the other team scoring tends to quiet down the crowd and the Canucks did nothing to get them back into it.

yayyy we played well for 10 minutes, lol you gotta be kidding me

still doesn't change the fact that those supposed Canuck fans who really were nothing more than Florida fans tonight cheered louder for the opposing goalie for the 1st 10 minutes than they cheered for the team they were supposedly there to see but the proof is in how the crowd was tonight again they were there for 1 reason to cheer for Luongo nothing more

It was perfect actually.

The Canucks came out and gave the fans what they thought they wanted. Played great hockey through the first. Realized though that the crowd wanted a Luuu win. So gave the crowd what they wanted. The customers always come first. Classy move. Henrik's a classy guy.

well played sir, +1

I went into the game with a Luongo jersey while Louuuuuing whenever he made a play. What can I say, I like Luongo while being a Canucks fan. Only time I am going to see him all season.

LOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

On the other hand the Canucks performance was garbage after the 1st. We deserved to lose that one, only player that did his job was Miller, too bad he couldn't score on the pp and not turn the puck over lol. Horrid D and PP.

must of been Florida Luongo jersey cause that is the team you were cheering for

Congrats to Luongo for having beaten every team in the NHL at least once. He played a great game.

The part of the tribute video where Shorty said "the Vancouver Canucks will play for Stanley cup for the third time in the franchise history!" after we have just beaten the Sharks was... sad. To think that Luongo is no longer here and we don't know when that time will come for the Canucks to compete for the Stanley cup for the fourth time in the franchise history. Another 10 years maybe??? Hopefully sooner than that.

Let's not forget to thank John Tortorella. The greatest, I mean the worst coach in the history of Vancouver Canucks. Didn't think any one man was capable of destroying a franchise as much as Tortorella did. Keenan at least got us Bertuzzi and contributed to getting one of the Sedins by getting McCabe in the Linden trade. What good did Tortorella do? I really can't think of one thing he did well. Watching TSN top 10 Luongo Canucks moment and watching that idiot babbling on some bull when asked about not playing Luongo at the Heritage classic was agonizing.

I respect what Lu has done here for 8 seasons (not the playoffs) but believe Tortorella did us a favour in ending the goaltending controversy and Luongo saga in Vancouver. We didn't win a Cup with him and likely never were going to. Keeping him while losing our younger up and coming goalies like Schneider, Lack, etc would be foolish. Calgary kept Kiprusoff after their run and look where that got them. Nowhere. The same likely would've happened here as well and the drought between SCF appearances would've been even longer.

The brass ring of immortaility was Luongo's to grab but he only ended up grasping a goaltending controversy instead. Luongo did it to himself ultimately. Either way he's home and happy. I'm happy for him.

You should have thrown your Luongo Jersey on the ice, the symbolism would have been organic.

Yeah LA and hawks don't take nights off.

This fan base is a bunch of twelve year olds that cry when things don't go there way.

Please, i've said it before, be a fan of hockey before being a fan for canucks. Watch other teams. LA was sure putting up a solid effort when they forgot how to play hockey against the flames and watched that score 4 goals in less than 13 minutes to lose the game.

Hawks sure showed up when jets blew them off the ice 5-1.

Seriously,

Canucks win

Plan the parade.

Canucks lose

We suck blow it up.

What a bunch of whiners.

We lost, we didn't play well and didn't get are feet moving. It cost us the game. Move on to the next one.

Believe it or not, I watch a lot of other teams hockey. Watch LA-NY game now if you can, and how LA is fighting back..

Real good teams never let a game slip away until the very last second.

How often do you see Kings or Blackhawks play like crap we put up tonight?

I seriously can't understand how some of our fans say they "support" our team....so much negativity.

Do you actually know the meaning of support? to stand by and cheer, encourage like you would for family and friends.

Do your family and friends whine and complain and crap on you for every bad performance and minor mistake you make?

Yes the team performance was lackluster tonight, but the crowd from the get go was pathetic and their only agenda was to cheer on luongo, not the Vancouver Canucks, but Roberto Luongo.

I will always be a fan of my team, players come and go, teams don't.

If you feel like a player is more important to you than your team, you might want to rethink whether that team is really your team.

Rant over, CDC and crowd reaction really soured my night.

see you all next game.

If you feel like a player is more important to you than your team, you might want to rethink whether that team is really your team.

Rant over, CDC and crowd reaction really soured my night.

see you all next game.

Archived