The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Panthers @ Canucks

-Vintage Canuck-

- Lou was great all night, especially on Burrows; stoned him on at least two grade A chances

- Kassian/Matthias/Richardson had a good game despite no goals, Kassian had a bunch of great setups

- Sedins were okay tonight, and actually set up some nice chances throughout the game, but a combination of a bouncing puck and Luongo on his game made sure they stayed out of the net

- Powerplay was nasty, but can't blame just the Sedins. If the Sedins are always passing then someone else on that PP should have half a brain to shoot it. Needs a refocus as a whole, both units.

- Liked to see how Horvat was playing when he got the ice time, really drove the net tonight, trying to force Willie to play him even when Higgins is back

- Good teams still have bad games; San Jose got blown out 7-2 tonight.

- Move on to the next one, we've still got games in hand. Remember: don't get too high, don't get too low.

Good stuff doc

Two major negatives to this lost:

1. Not scoring on that 5 on 3 PP

2. Benching Horvat (who's arguably been your best player tonight) over 4th grinders on the PP

Willie D, is a great coach, but some of his decisions are clearly rookie mistakes.

There is a reason teams like LA/Chicago is laughing at our team.

They take a night off whenever they feel like, and think showing up every once in a while should be enough to get into the playoffs. It's more evident from those veterans with NTC. No urgency, no competitive fire, and no passion for W. If their game doesn't work they simply fold the tent and leave, instead of fighting with tooth and nail to find another way.

When that's our core it trickles down to the rest of the team and it shows.

Yeah LA and hawks don't take nights off.

This fan base is a bunch of twelve year olds that cry when things don't go there way.

Please, i've said it before, be a fan of hockey before being a fan for canucks. Watch other teams. LA was sure putting up a solid effort when they forgot how to play hockey against the flames and watched that score 4 goals in less than 13 minutes to lose the game.

Hawks sure showed up when jets blew them off the ice 5-1.

Seriously,

Canucks win

Plan the parade.

Canucks lose

We suck blow it up.

What a bunch of whiners.

We lost, we didn't play well and didn't get are feet moving. It cost us the game. Move on to the next one.

Congrats to Luongo for having beaten every team in the NHL at least once. He played a great game.

The part of the tribute video where Shorty said "the Vancouver Canucks will play for Stanley cup for the third time in the franchise history!" after we have just beaten the Sharks was... sad. To think that Luongo is no longer here and we don't know when that time will come for the Canucks to compete for the Stanley cup for the fourth time in the franchise history. Another 10 years maybe??? Hopefully sooner than that.

Let's not forget to thank John Tortorella. The greatest, I mean the worst coach in the history of Vancouver Canucks. Didn't think any one man was capable of destroying a franchise as much as Tortorella did. Keenan at least got us Bertuzzi and contributed to getting one of the Sedins by getting McCabe in the Linden trade. What good did Tortorella do? I really can't think of one thing he did well. Watching TSN top 10 Luongo Canucks moment and watching that idiot babbling on some bull$&!# when asked about not playing Luongo at the Heritage classic was agonizing.

yeah i did, and no they didn't. maybe for the first 10 minutes

playing well for 1/6th of a game does not warrant cheering in my book, dunno about you

the only people mad about the cheering are people that hate Luongo. get over it

don't hate Luongo actually i know people like you and other seem to think criticism means i hate a player i guess we should all be pom pom cheerleaders for every single player and when they come back and play us i should cheer for them instead of booing them which the fans could of done to throw Luongo of his game instead we saw a 60 minute Luongo love fest a goalie who doesn't play for us and beat the Canucks tonight

LOL at all of you people who think the fans were the worst performance of the night. Sorry we didn't bandwaggon like the rest of you and invested time into loving the players that were the heart and soul of the team. Luongo turned this franchise around, and you're pissed because they were happy for him?

Grow up. He gave us 8 solid years. Give him one night and put your panties away.

Someone from the Canucks coaching staff should show these guys (especially the Twins) how to come back from a 2 goal deficit with little time remaining... THROW EVERYTHING THAT THE DAMN NET!!!! why the &^@# were they trying for these fancy plays on a 5 on 3 instead of shooting from everywhere!?! No urgency on the PPs no nothing!

Two major negatives to this lost:

1. Not scoring on that 5 on 3 PP

2. Benching Horvat (who's arguably been your best player tonight) over 4th grinders on the PP

Willie D, is a great coach, but some of his decisions are clearly rookie mistakes.

He is not a great coach. Not yet anyways.

I know Canucks had a terrible game but c'mon man, it's only been one week of 2015 lmao

Idk it feels like the LA game they were bored themselves and didn't bother trying

The Detroit and NYI game were pretty boring as well even though we won, for whatever reason it felt like they weren't all that interested either despite the W

Tonights game was also a boring game, just hasn't been any smooth transition or flow to their game, its very abrupt and choppy making it a very uninteresting team to watch.

don't hate Luongo actually i know people like you and other seem to think criticism means i hate a player i guess we should all be pom pom cheerleaders for every single player and when they come back and play us i should cheer for them instead of booing them which the fans could of done to throw Luongo of his game instead we saw a 60 minute Luongo love fest a goalie who doesn't play for us and beat the Canucks tonight

and you think the crowd should be pom pom wavers for the team even when they play like garbage like they did tonight

When we got that late 5 on 3 the crowd DID start a go canucks go chant, and it quickly died when the Canucks pissed away the powerplay and that basically killed the already nearly dead crowd for the rest of the game.

Archived