The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Call Up] Ronalds Kenins to join Canucks

TheRussianRocket.

I just thought you had lost your marbles and was being respectful by not pointing it out. haha

:lol: Lots of my posts are sarcasm and stuff when I get bored, but most people don't know it.

The thing with Kenins is he has this quick release shot that is fooling goalies he is by no means sniping it's just he unpredictably shoots the puck and honestly thats what this team needs people who shoot the puck.

Kind of like Shinkaruk's goals in pre season.

Then again, Kenins did say he scouted one of the goalies and placed his shot there on purpose. Maybe the rest of our team should take note.

How??? Because they have the same initials?

what are you basing this on? I don't see any similarity between them.

Both better than average speed. Both hard working players. Both Left wingers. Neither highly touted prospects. Similar body types....

Kenins making it really really hard for coaches to take him out of games and send him back down.

Bonino and Dorsett will be coming back from injury + McMillan is waiting to suit up for a game. Kenins, what a player! He's obviously exceeded expectations and is one of our best bottom 6 players. As great as he's been, I still believe he'll be sent down regardless. However, it's not a bad thing. Management will definitely have taking a note down and know they have a future bottom 6 forward.

Next year they'll surely make room for him and he'll become a regular due to free agency and trades in the offseason. He has a chance of being a regular now if there's a deal made to free up space for him at the trade deadline but I doubt it. Why? Because the forward depth we have is second to none and management will hold onto Ronalds in their back pocket till the season is over knowing they can rely on him whenevet needed/injuries down the stretch.

Willie better not try to push McMillan into his spot. I'll be pissed if he does, and I think he might be inclined to.

Let's not be unfair here, Kenins is a very high energy player getting his first few games in the NHL, he will need some rest nights and it seems JB likes to see what he's got so I imagine that Mac will get an opportunity pretty soon.

I'm with you though I love to watch Kenins, he could be very big for us as we develop.

The secret is to keep the young guys hungry.

Kenins or McMillan are the only players on the roster that can be sent to Utica.

Unless there is a trade in the very near future it will be one of these 2,

Surely a Dman must be recalled for depth because of the Edler injury.

I suspect that McMillan would clear waivers

call me crazy but he reminds me a lot of Grabner with the explosive speed.

Obviously it's his shot. He shoots to score not to get a "shot on net". That's what I see. He is already thinking about where he is going to put his shot when he gets the puck, not just about getting the puck and throwing it at the net ( aka Chris Higgins ,who either hits the goalie in the crest , or misses the friggin net all together)

If Higgins spent more time worring about where his actual shot is going and less about how to get to the net in style , maybe he wouldn't be as useless.

I agree...you know he will play next game..but at whose expence?

I will be very surprised if kassian is not the healthy scratch next game. i think kenins is probably the choice based on what Macmillan brings in terms of what he can replace in our current lineup but all indications seem to point to kassian being first out when wd needs to make a lineup decision.

I hope we are not sticking with the grinder over skill mentality going forward though because we need more skill and the young guys seem to be the ones bringing it lately.

If it was me none of vey,kassian, or kenins would be out. I think richardson is pretty expendable now if matthias can stick at center and horvat keeps developing. He is just solid all around. When bonino is healthy vey should be on the wing though.

We certainly now have roo many bodies at forward so we will see soon the real direction benning is going to take the team.

I will be very surprised if kassian is not the healthy scratch next game. i think kenins is probably the choice based on what Macmillan brings in terms of what he can replace in our current lineup but all indications seem to point to kassian being first out when wd needs to make a lineup decision.

I hope we are not sticking with the grinder over skill mentality going forward though because we need more skill and the young guys seem to be the ones bringing it lately.

If it was me none of vey,kassian, or kenins would be out. I think richardson is pretty expendable now if matthias can stick at center and horvat keeps developing. He is just solid all around. When bonino is healthy vey should be on the wing though.

We certainly now have roo many bodies at forward so we will see soon the real direction benning is going to take the team.

he wont get scratched do you even know what kind of message that would send? c'mon dont be silly

I think at this point, grinders are easier to get than skill for us. Getting a skilled player in a trade seemingly costs an arm and a leg, so at this point, more roleplayers are the easiest way to make our team better.

I'm sure in the long run, we will acquire more skill. It just takes more time and patience.

Archived