The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks practice NYR

Mackcanuck

id like to see kass be given the opportunity to make some mistakes and still have the coaches confidence in him.

ive seen other coaches do that with young guys...said player makes a gaff that leads to a goal against and then the coach in an effort to boost the kids confidence puts him right back out there to make ammends.

kass cant foster the right confidence if he feels like he is walking on egg shells everytime he gets back in there.

guys make mistakes and they need to grow from those.

for how many years

and with how many coaches ?

when does it end

i'd like to see him succeed as well

but he shows so little consistency

If Benning really HAS to move Kassian no matter what, then just do it already. We'll all complain about it later when he scores for his new team, and it's not like anything will prevent that complaining other than perhaps Virtanen making the team and lighting it up. I think there's room on the team for both, but it looks like other plans are in the works.

I'm growing a bit tired of this charade thought. To go so far to pick up a 1-goal waiver guy from Arizona and play him on his off-wing in order to bench Kassian?

Enough is enough. Just pull the trigger on whatever junk trade you have going on and have mercy on us. Please!

Read the OP's post...the main gist is Kassian being scratched.

Oh so it is yet again another Kassian thread, this time in disguise as a lineup report for the next game.

I'm glad Kassian got benched after that horrendous effort against Minnesota. The guy is never going to get it it seems. I am anxious to see what McMillan can bring to this team.

Utter bull!

I just don't get how the hell you could take out Kassian. Wow. It's a complete joke how Kass has been treated. Never given the benefit of the doubt.

The only person that can come out is Kassian... You have to see what Mcmillan has, and if they pull Vey out, who plays center for us?

You're delusional if you think they're going to pull out Kenins with how incredible he's played as of late. As dissapointing as it is, it just makes sense. He almost single handedly cost us the game with all his turnovers, and thats something coaches just wont put up with. I'm sure he'll draw back in within the next couple games, but once Richie and Bones are back, who knows if Kass draws in.

This is Kassian's 3rd year in the league and he's still making the same mistakes and playing the same way despite going through three different coaches.

His attitude and compete level seems to be the issue. The guy has all the tools but has a mind of a five year old.

I wouldn't go so far as to say the mind of a five year old but in one of the interviews after his "come back" he said he was just getting the bounces now vs. earlier in the season. At the time I thought, ok he's protecting his ego but I really wanted to hear him say, I get it, I've got work all the time, play heads up hockey and play hard.

The last game he was only noticeable when he was making mistakes and that isn't what you want.

If Benning really HAS to move Kassian no matter what, then just do it already. We'll all complain about it later when he scores for his new team, and it's not like anything will prevent that complaining other than perhaps Virtanen making the team and lighting it up. I think there's room on the team for both, but it looks like other plans are in the works.

I'm growing a bit tired of this charade thought. To go so far to pick up a 1-goal waiver guy from Arizona and play him on his off-wing in order to bench Kassian?

Enough is enough. Just pull the trigger on whatever junk trade you have going on and have mercy on us. Please!

the team does not make decisions to frustrate or spite the fans

kassian is still an asset with upside

they will not trade him just to appease you

if he does not fetch the proper return they will keep him

and keep rotating him with whoever else they think needs a game off

kassian could just "get it" at any time

and if that should occur he will get the playing time that accords best with his on ice performance

and if that should occur he will get the playing time that accords best with his on ice performance

Do I really care what a guy who can't write paragraphs has to say?

The only person that can come out is Kassian... You have to see what Mcmillan has, and if they pull Vey out, who plays center for us?

You're delusional if you think they're going to pull out Kenins with how incredible he's played as of late. As dissapointing as it is, it just makes sense. He almost single handedly cost us the game with all his turnovers, and thats something coaches just wont put up with. I'm sure he'll draw back in within the next couple games, but once Richie and Bones are back, who knows if Kass draws in.

The Wavier pickup doesn't need to come in at all. He can sit the year out for all that it matters.

Yes.

I think it was Benning I heard asked about trading Kassian and replying that the Canucks don't want to trade him they want to bring him to his potential. The guy has a big upside, good personality, great skills and size; benching is one thing but a trade is another.

And Higgins and vey?

This is so retarded. Why the man love for vey. I don't get it at all. The guy is a crappy version of mason Raymond

How so?

Vey looks to be a better player than Raymond. I'd take Vey over Raymond any day of the week.

This is Kassian's 3rd year in the league and he's still making the same mistakes and playing the same way despite going through three different coaches.

His attitude and compete level seems to be the issue. The guy has all the tools but has a mind of a five year old.

which mistakes? Giveaways? Vrbata, Hank and Vey all had worse giveaways than Kassian.

You know what makes perfect sense?

Playing a team that is younger larger and faster than yours with a coach who knows every player in the line up inside and out and making sure you sit the one large player he doesn't really know that well in place of two guys who he basically raised from the ashes in Hansen and Higgins.

Even more sense?

Is how those same two players do less and have been more liable and less productive over the last 6 games are allowed to be mistake ridden ponies but one young kid gets the bench for the same issues.

Even more

Is how just because a guy can win a faceoff but directly caused the last goal against in Minny while being full on schooled across the ice by a dude named Nino; he's in the lineup and will get solid PP time as well.

Seriously, there is no excuses here.

At worst Kassian needs to be playing just to increase his confidence and stats for a trade. At best he needs to be played because he can be shown the canucks desire him on the team.

As of right now I am not thrilled with how he handled some plays last game but he certainly wasn't the only one at fault. But if he is just basically shuffled out because WD "Doesn't Change his Views on Players" (See the reports of how Crow in Dallas had to fend off WD spoon feeding and begging them to take Vey) I hope he comes back and stomps a mudhole in this team every game he plays until the day he retires.

No I am not a homer or a "Fan Boy" I am just sick of seeing young talent being wasted and not taken under a coaches wing the same way others are. I am sick of one person eating the blame while others do less. And I am tired of watching a coach just degrade a players confidence while allowing others who do worse while making more are lauded for their strong play

not to mention both Vrbata and Vey had far worse giveaways than Kass. WD is losing me, big time

So you are suggesting that it would be smarter to scratch Vrbata, the team's leading goal scorer? Say what you want about Vey, but he's a plus player with 21 points in 52 games, and he has 4 power play goals this year. He's been way more productive than Kassian, and he's still a rookie.

which mistakes? Giveaways? Vrbata, Hank and Vey all had worse giveaways than Kassian.

Here is the link to the last games' box scores

Suggest people actually look over the TOI and actual in game stats before they spout off. Of course they won't but you can suggest they do.

But don't worry they'll not allow facts to sway opinion

http://canucks.nhl.com/gamecenter/en/boxscore?id=2014020844

Archived