The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks practice NYR

Mackcanuck

In order for kass to stick on the line up he has to play with the intensity that kenins has. Kenins basically took kassian's role and I doubt kass gets it back. Best thing for both parties is a trade.

Kenins has been such a nice surprise. I keep thinking, OK this is the game where he falls back to earth. Nope, he just keeps bringing that intensity level every night!

And Higgins and vey?

This is so retarded. Why the man love for vey. I don't get it at all. The guy is a crappy version of mason Raymond

Vey has proven he belongs on the roster. After a few Scratches he's played with 6x more intensity.

id like to see kass be given the opportunity to make some mistakes and still have the coaches confidence in him.

ive seen other coaches do that with young guys...said player makes a gaff that leads to a goal against and then the coach in an effort to boost the kids confidence puts him right back out there to make ammends.

kass cant foster the right confidence if he feels like he is walking on egg shells everytime he gets back in there.

guys make mistakes and they need to grow from those.

I think it's because of the mentality after a turnover for Kassian. I feel like when Higgins, Vey, Kenins, Dorsett have a turnover they hustle back to try and correct there mistake, whereas I see Kassian with the "I'll let the defense take him" kind of attitude. Don't get me wrong, I love Kassian. I love what he can bring, and I don't believe he should sit out next game. I believe that WD is stuck between a rock and a hard place with Kassian.

Kassian had around 4 turnovers in his own zone and another 2 in the offensive zone. If your not going to do anything offensively then at least don't be liability when your on the ice which he was. Look at the sedins when they don't generate anything they are at least not making turnovers every shift they have. Vey or Higgins a are not being scratched because vey is a center and we need one and Higgins is one of our best pk men with riche and bonino out

id like to see kass be given the opportunity to make some mistakes and still have the coaches confidence in him.

ive seen other coaches do that with young guys...said player makes a gaff that leads to a goal against and then the coach in an effort to boost the kids confidence puts him right back out there to make ammends.

kass cant foster the right confidence if he feels like he is walking on egg shells everytime he gets back in there.

guys make mistakes and they need to grow from those.

This is Kassian's 3rd year in the league and he's still making the same mistakes and playing the same way despite going through three different coaches.

His attitude and compete level seems to be the issue. The guy has all the tools but has a mind of a five year old.

Kassian being scratched again makes you wonder how long the he and the Canucks can coexist....Kassian was not good last game (his line in general was pretty quiet against Minny..Matthias included)...Obviously,the penny hasn't dropped yet,and Kass is clearly not doing what is asked of him.

Wish i could be a fly on the wall and hear the coaching staffs decisions why,but were obviously getting to a tipping point here...He was a point a game against some of the best opposition,what else can he do...At this point were just eroding his confidence.

And Higgins and vey?

This is so retarded. Why the man love for vey. I don't get it at all. The guy is a crappy version of mason Raymond

Higgins had 5 points in 6 games while being a pk and very reliable in his own zone.

Vey has 4 points in 6 games while anchoring or second line Centre position. ..he plays a more important position than Kass.

There are two reasons in my view that they are in over Kassian.

1. With our depleted defence we need to have solid back checking to stay competitive. ..while Kass was doing that for a few games he seems to be falling back into old habits.

2. We have Vey Higgins s and Vrbata playing dam well as a make shift second line and they will give us a better chance to win games.

We are currently 2nd in the Pacific with games in hand. That means we have home ice advantage in the playoffs. While I don't think the team is good enough to get the the cup final right now we would be facing Calgary in the first round...a matchup I think we would win.

People have been on Vey so much but he haS been improving and will only get better.

Higgins does what he does. he isn't a top 6 forward but the best option because of his overall game. The second liNE usually faces pretty tough competition on a nightly Base as well so we need them to be reliable in there own zone, something that Kass hasn't been.

Archived