The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[News] Jensen Recalled

SvenBae

This is why I find this call up kind of odd....is he getting the call up based on the merit of his play lately?

I find it odd too. Was at the comets game today and my buddy and I were looking over the lineups. We didn't see Jensen and saw couple of new players that didn't play last night. We assumed he was benched until one of us saw on twitter that he was recalled.

Trade bait call up or did a forward get hurt in the nj devils game?

You want more. Ok, I can't remember the last time that he has scored a goal. Maybe 1 goal since Jan 1st. Not sure, but I bet I'm pretty close.

He is a whiny little baby when things don't go his way. Is it because he thinks he should be in the nhl? Not sure, but he hasn't been the hardest working player down here.

I will say that he skates well and is using his big body more this year. Maybe just having an off year, but he has been invisible for the comets the last couple of months. All while getting 1st team pp time.

Of course I'd want more than "he's a bum". I mean, clearly you have a good pulse on the team so I'm not sure why you didn't just post this to begin with.

jensen in, mcmillan out?

The Canucks picked up McMillan off the waiver wire because WD coached him at the World Juniors and liked the way he played. The idea was that he similar to Dorsett and Kennins -- a bit smaller than average but hard-working with good defensive skills and able to play a consistent high intensity game. And WD said that he would not be evaluated on the basis of just one game.

So it has now been two games and McMillan has looked very disappointing. He might be quietest "energy player" in the NHL.

He was terrible in Arizona this year. In 50 games he had a grand total of 3 pts (with just 1 goal) and his plus/minus was -18. He will turn 25 in March so it is not like we can expect much age-related improvement. He seems like a nice guy but he does not look like an NHL player.

The strange thing is that got off to a pretty good start in the NHL. As a 20-year-old with Anaheim in 2010-2011 he had 21 pts (including 11 goals) in 60 games and with a plus/minus of -5. Not great numbers but pretty good for a 20 year old rookie. But in the years since then he has done nothing and this year had his worst year in the NHL. This is a very unusual development pattern.

But it looks like it is time to put an end to the McMillan experiment.

Jensen has not exactly been lighting things up in Utica. He has 20 pts in 38 games and is a team-worst -12 in plus minus (and it not like he playing shutdown).

If Kassian for some reason comes out of the line-up something very weird is going on.

The Canucks picked up McMillan off the waiver wire because WD coached him at the World Juniors and liked the way he played. The idea was that he similar to Dorsett and Kennins -- a bit smaller than average but hard-working with good defensive skills and able to play a consistent high intensity game. And WD said that he would not be evaluated on the basis of just one game.

So it has now been two games and McMillan has looked very disappointing. He might be quietest "energy player" in the NHL.

He was terrible in Arizona this year. In 50 games he had a grand total of 3 pts (with just 1 goal) and his plus/minus was -18. He will turn 25 in March so it is not like we can expect much age-related improvement. He seems like a nice guy but he does not look like an NHL player.

The strange thing is that got off to a pretty good start in the NHL. As a 20-year-old with Anaheim in 2010-2011 he had 21 pts (including 11 goals) in 60 games and with a plus/minus of -5. Not great numbers but pretty good for a 20 year old rookie. But in the years since then he has done nothing and this year had his worst year in the NHL. This is a very unusual development pattern.

But it looks like it is time to put an end to the McMillan experiment.

Jensen has not exactly been lighting things up in Utica. He has 20 pts in 38 games and is a team-worst -12 in plus minus (and it not like he playing shutdown).

If Kassian for some reason comes out of the line-up something very weird is going on.

This^^

I find it odd too. Was at the comets game today and my buddy and I were looking over the lineups. We didn't see Jensen and saw couple of new players that didn't play last night. We assumed he was benched until one of us saw on twitter that he was recalled.

Trade bait call up or did a forward get hurt in the nj devils game?

Burrows couldnt go so Kassian drew in...but we have a plethora of forwards with 1 ready to come off the IR...I dont know what is going on but we will have to make room soon and send some back to you as well. Oh..I should say I have never been a Jensen fan,,ever,,he has shown nothing here as well except for a goal or two...kinda hope we package him off.

Burrows couldnt go so Kassian drew in...but we have a plethora of forwards with 1 ready to come off the IR...I dont know what is going on but we will have to make room soon and send some back to you as well. Oh..I should say I have never been a Jensen fan,,ever,,he has shown nothing here as well except for a goal or two...kinda hope we package him off.

Thank you! I thought I was the only one who thought Jensen would be a bust. Jensen reminds me too much of Steve Bernier when I watch him play. Like you, I also agree that we package Jensen off for someone.

Sedin - Sedin - Kassian

Vrbata - Vey - Jensen

Higgins - Matthias - Dorsett

Kenins - Horvat - Hansen

Better not be an excuse to sit Kassian.

I like the line combos. Jensen-Vey-Vrbata? Could work.

I'm beginning to wonder if injuries can't be used as an excuse for the Canucks' downfall last year under Tortorella.... wait no, that isn't right, it is pretty f'ing obvious at this point that Torts sucks nuts. Hopefully they continue to stay in the race even while being decimated by injuries to further drive that point home.

Agree, but have to include Gillis on the list of people to blame because he failed to stock up on prospects and players so that when the injuries hit, no one was able to step up.

I'm beginning to wonder if injuries can't be used as an excuse for the Canucks' downfall last year under Tortorella.... wait no, that isn't right, it is pretty f'ing obvious at this point that Torts sucks nuts. Hopefully they continue to stay in the race even while being decimated by injuries to further drive that point home.

Oh good, you caught yourself there pretty quick. It's strange how the mind starts wandering sometimes.

I hope Jensen makes the most of this chance. I feel bad for this guy because everyone seemed to forget about him when Horvat, Shinkaruk, and Virtanen joined the organization.

Jensen is a big guy who was praised for his ability to protect the puck and his strength along the boards. At some point in the future, a line of Jensen - Matthias - Kassian could be tough to stop with all their size and skill. If this team wants to stay competitive while getting younger, Jensen should be a player who gets a chance over waiver wire pickups and coach's pets.

Hope this call up pushes McMillan out of a spot. I strive to see the positive every player can bring, but do not see even the potential with this guy.

Anyways, apparently Jensen has been working on his two way game, I hope that shows. Benning recently mentioned he's comfortable having Jensen in a bottom 6 role as an energy player that can score. Maybe his size will compliment Matthias.

Assuming Burrows is out for a bit:

Sedin Sedin Kassian

Higgins Vey Vrbata (I'm sorry Vrbata)

Dorsett Matthias Jensen

Kenins Horvat Hansen

I thought Bonnino made the trip, coming up on game 3 he should play soon shouldn't he?

Hope this call up pushes McMillan out of a spot. I strive to see the positive every player can bring, but do not see even the potential with this guy.

Anyways, apparently Jensen has been working on his two way game, I hope that shows. Benning recently mentioned he's comfortable having Jensen in a bottom 6 role as an energy player that can score. Maybe his size will compliment Matthias.

Assuming Burrows is out for a bit:

Sedin Sedin Kassian

Higgins Vey Vrbata (I'm sorry Vrbata)

Dorsett Matthias Jensen

Kenins Horvat Hansen

I thought Bonnino made the trip, coming up on game 3 he should play soon shouldn't he?

You should be sorry. What did the poor guy do to deserve such an awful fate?

Lol Jensen is 21, your going to look foolish in a few years. The kids got talent and is underrated.

Ok Mr. Negative, do you ever have anything positive to say? The Canucks are building Kassians character and he is learning that consistency will go a long ways to staying in the lineup. Kassian is responding to that and has had some good games of late. So, before you start the 'oh poor Kassian is being mistreated ' routine, why don't you see if he draws into the lineup.

Ok Mr. Negative, do you ever have anything positive to say? The Canucks are building Kassians character and he is learning that consistency will go a long ways to staying in the lineup. Kassian is responding to that and has had some good games of late. So, before you start the 'oh poor Kassian is being mistreated ' routine, why don't you see if he draws into the lineup.

100% agree

bluesman60

bluesman60

It would be absurd to sit Kassian tomorrow. Seriously.

nope sit him ..I think some of you fans need an attitude adjustment, Kassian should have been down in the AHL instead of wasting a spot here.. so the coach has to do whats best up here in the NHL and if that is what motivates him than so be it.

He is just not consistent which the coaches see that as I and many other people see it.. he is coming around though...

..Stop being negative of the coaches decision he is an awsome coach...now Tortorella is a complete moron

Archived