The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Nucks begin talks with Dorsett regarding new deal; Richardson, not so much

Dorsett is a keeper, sign him for the $2 million if that gets the deal done. He's one of the most valuable guys on the team. He fights, he hits, he injects energy, he gets on the oppositions' nerves, and he scores.

Bonino has seriously fizzled out and I don't believe he's a 2nd line centre. Higgins can't seem to produce, perhaps trade him for a pick.

Canucks should trade Bieksa and consider developing/inserting Biega, who is a similar player at a fraction of the cost. And he's younger. I've really liked his game, he's not some young kid either. Tough dude who isn't afraid to hit or shoot the puck. Plus, he scored a goal in his first game. Bieksa has value but is also nearing his decline (if it hasn't happened already). He's also had some long-term injuries over the years. Perhaps Bieksa could bring in a left winger. Yes, he has a NTC, but I think if the situation was right for him, he'd waive.

My 2 cents:

Danny - Hank - Burrows

Matthias - Horvat - Vrbata

? - Bonino - Kassian

Kenins - Richardson - Dorsett

Edler - Tanev

Hamhuis - Sbisa

Corrado - Biega

Weber

Stanton

Trade: Higgins, Bieksa

Utica: Clendening, McMillan

Richardson's not coming back. LOL.

if we can trade him for a pick, that'd be gold.

If JB can get a 3rd pick for him in this year's draft. that'd be dynamite.

We'd probably be lucky to get a 4th for a HEALTHY Richardson. And I don't think he's healthy yet.

I'm fine with keeping him for depth and letting him walk if that's what happens.

Dorsetts been a good depth guy for the Canucks this season, chips in a few points, grinds well, fights. Id sign him for 2-3 at 1.5-2per. I would personally move Richardson, if the value is any good on him, maybe a late 2nd/3rd?

We'd probably be lucky to get a 4th for a HEALTHY Richardson. And I don't think he's healthy yet.

I'm fine with keeping him for depth and letting him walk if that's what happens.

Wouldn't mind trading Matthias, we'd probably get a 2nd or a 3rd from him atleast. Jagr is 42 and he got a 2nd + 3rd so I think Matthias atleast gets a 3rd rounder. He's nice and hot, he's 6'4 which will intrigue GMs so I honestly think we can get even a prospect + 2nd. Winnik got a 2nd in 2016 + 4th.

Richardson is valuable on the PK and is a good 3rd/4th line centre, with the rest he's got from the injury I hope he's feeling fresh and can come on late in the season hopefully into the playoffs aswell. Matthias is better than Higgins but Higgins is 30, probably won't get much even if he isn't considered a rental.

Next season, I would like to re-sign Richardson and Dorsett. Dorsett more so because our lack of toughness, Richardson can hold a 3rd or 4th line spot until Gaunce takes over then we can get rid of Richardson if Gaunce is ready. Vey could also play C next season if we needed him to.

Wouldn't mind trading Matthias, we'd probably get a 2nd or a 3rd from him atleast. Jagr is 42 and he got a 2nd + 3rd so I think Matthias atleast gets a 3rd rounder. He's nice and hot, he's 6'4 which will intrigue GMs so I honestly think we can get even a prospect + 2nd. Winnik got a 2nd in 2016 + 4th.

Richardson is valuable on the PK and is a good 3rd/4th line centre, with the rest he's got from the injury I hope he's feeling fresh and can come on late in the season hopefully into the playoffs aswell. Matthias is better than Higgins but Higgins is 30, probably won't get much even if he isn't considered a rental.

Next season, I would like to re-sign Richardson and Dorsett. Dorsett more so because our lack of toughness, Richardson can hold a 3rd or 4th line spot until Gaunce takes over then we can get rid of Richardson if Gaunce is ready. Vey could also play C next season if we needed him to.

Sedin

Bonino

Horvat

Matthias

Vey

We already have 5 guys who can play C without Richardson and call ups if we get injuries past that next season. He's likely walking.

Sedin

Bonino

Horvat

Matthias

Vey

We already have 5 guys who can play C without Richardson and call ups if we get injuries past that next season. He's likely walking.

Assuming Matthias gets traded I wouldn't mind seeing Richardson being re-signed. Probably won't but I like his PKing ability and solid game.

Both Biega and Clendening have looked pretty good, especially for being rookies. Biega certainly plays bigger than his size, and the physicality is much welcomed. Can't see them keeping Weber over either of them. Bonus is that Biega is still waivers-exempt.

Would agree that Biega has looked pretty good so far, but like the rest of the team, he didn't play all that well vs. the Sabres.

Biega's got five more days. Then he hits his 30 day threshold and has to clear waivers if the Canucks decide to send him back to Utica this season. My bet is that he gets sent down when Tanev returns, and if that so happens to be by Sunday, then he wouldn't have to be placed on waivers.

After this year, who knows what happens...Biega's a UFA. If I'm JB, I'd sign him to a contract similar to what he's got now -- NHL minimum and AHL rate at $200,000 and higher.

Might be a bit risky, but I would try shopping Bonino and one of the Canucks defense to see if they can get another player back.

I know Bonino has some upside, but the Bonino/Higgins combo has been dreadful the last while.

Gotta give up talent to get talent

didnt matthias agent go on record somewhere stating that there was basically no contract talks with us or they were in no rush to start? would hate to lose him for nothing. I say offer the pending ufa's u wanna keep a fair deal if they decline they should look at moving them or some of them if the offers are as strong as some deals we have seen so far

If someone is willing to offer a 1st for Matthias you take it. Otherwise he's too valuable to us right now.

The teams that would, would give us a 22-30th overall pick. What is the % that guy has more impact for us in the future than Matthias?

JB didn't draft too many gems in the late first round and neither has our scouting staff.

I'd rather trade him for a 19 year old with potential that's proven a little. I don't trust our own scouting enough to give up on a guy like Matthias.

The teams that would, would give us a 22-30th overall pick. What is the % that guy has more impact for us in the future than Matthias?

JB didn't draft too many gems in the late first round and neither has our scouting staff.

I would say McCann is a pretty solid pick at 24.

This draft is deeper than they have been in the past. Good chance there will be an elite player available there.

If it comes down to getting a 1st rounder in a deep draft or losing Matthias for nothing, we definitely have to take the pick.

I'd rather trade him for a 19 year old with potential that's proven a little. I don't trust our own scouting enough to give up on a guy like Matthias.

What you aren't factoring in is what contract it will take to sign Matthias. If it is a reasonable cap hit (based on him being a 3rd line guy) for a reasonable term with no NTC at all then he is worth keeping. If he wants top 6 money and term with a NTC they need to look at what they can get to move him as he is not worth that type of commitment at this point. It is all relative to what his UFA demands will be.

Archived