The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

THN: Why the Penguins should trade Sidney Crosby for the No. 1 pick

Just lol @ this article. McDavid has Crosby potential - at best. He can easily be one of the top players in the league, but I'd be surprised if he came near Crosbyl. Why trade someone who is already the best player in the game for one who has proven nothing? Even though Crosby may pass his prime, he's good enough that he will continue to put up big numbers for a long time. The only way I would ever trade Crosby would be if I got a massive package in return.

I wouldnt trade #1 pick for anything this year accept maybe a huger deal then crosby. McDavid is so good will be better then Crosby u can mark my words! :)

Based on what again?

Crosby better junior production. Crosby is also a proven stud in this league who ran away with every stat as a rookie.

Statements like these bug me.

He is a prospect that has never played against men in a pro league.

Based on what again?

Crosby better junior production. Crosby is also a proven stud in this league who ran away with every stat as a rookie.

I agree. I don't doubt that Mcdavid could be the best player in the world in 10 years, but right now, if everything goes right, he could potentially be as good as Crosby. People that say he will be better than Crosby need to take a step back first

If some horrible twist of luck gets LA lands McDavid, and Penguins offers Crosby for McDavid. I'd do it if I'm Dean Lombardi.

Of course, they would have to shed some salary but if it can be done, LA could win the Stanley cup for the next 3 to 5 years with Crosby-Kopitar-Carter.

But having said that, if I'm Buffalo or any other rebuilding team (Toronto, Arizona, Carolina, etc), I'd hold on to McDavid. Because getting Crosby doesn't make you contender over night, it only makes you a playoff contending team. So you hold on to McDavid, draft well, make smart trades for veteran players to support McDavid and build a championship contender in 3 to 4 years.

What do you expect from what may be the thickest poster on CDC? (though that desi character gives travella a run for his money on the stupid meter).

Stupid article elicits stupid responses from stupid posters, Warhippy. It's a cascading effect.

Usually I disagree with your posts, but this is spot on. I think we can be friends.

Usually I disagree with your posts, but this is spot on. I think we can be friends.

Glad we can agree on something and you think we can be friends. Why can't friends disagree? I disagree with my wife all the time (or more like she disagrees with me all the time)...and she's my best friend.

I'm more curious whether a team like Buff might overpay, should they lose the lotto?

EG, Ristolainen/Reinhart, +?, + their 2nd overall, to ensure they nab McDavid. They've been pondering this kid so long, who knows how far they'd go?

Then to a lesser degree, you might consider the same question for the next 2 teams expecting Eichel & Hanifin.

Should an unlikely team win the lotto pick, I could see a chain-reaction of subsequent big deals(jockeying for top picks)...

Based on what again?

But he will next year and every one will see what the hype is. Can totaly feel it this guy can just dominate games like no one else can. Ive never seen crosby do like McDavid can

Archived