The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Recall] Sven Baertschi Recalled by Vancouver

Smiley2051

Noooooo, he's played the right way but just hasn't been able to score. The Puck either hits the post and bounces over his stick. He's dominating the opposition with scoring opportunities, they just aren't going in right now.

But I guess he could use a few games off to get his focus and confidence back.

Sorry Rons...I've become a big fan of yours, but you've hit the wall. I love the way you bang and and compete, but you're off your game and you aren't helping the team all that much right now. And you're trying to be too fancy...you need to simplify your game. Be the guy you were in your first 10 games in the NHL every game and you'll never be riding the bus again.

Guest Dasein

D Sedin - H Sedin - Burrows

Baertschi - Bonino - Vrbata

Higgins - Vey - Dorsett

Matthias - Horvat - Hansen

Noooooo, he's played the right way but just hasn't been able to score. The Puck either hits the post and bounces over his stick. He's dominating the opposition with scoring opportunities, they just aren't going in right now.

But I guess he could use a few games off to get his focus and confidence back.

I wouldn't neccessarily say he's played the right way. Plays hard and determined is a little more accurate. I'm a huge fan of his but he seems to make at least 1 or 2 completely boneheaded plays a game lately. Tries to be Mario Lemieux too often and it ends up in a rush the other way... I actually like the fact he does it, it shows he's gunning for greatness. He just needs to learn to pick his spots a little better. 2 "im an allstar, watch this" giveaways a game is unacceptable on our team.

He's the kind of player that's so effective at everything else, you don't mind him working those kinks out in the nhl. They're just coming way too frequently the last 10 games or so. I would agree with sitting him at this time.

Was that the canucks last call up? With only Stanton on the team and if we have 2 defensemen go down then we're screwed I believe...there's the emergency call up thing but I'm not sure what the restrictions on that are

No because we can recall Clendening and Corrado, who we used 2 of our 4 on.

we'll have an idea what Willie's plans are for Svaertschi in 45 minutes when practice kicks off

Yeah it does not make a lot of sense to recall him if they aren't going to play him.

Unless it's just for a day to reward him and then send him back after a practice and a view from the press box.

I'm sure the GM and the coach have good communication so there is obviously a plan here.

I had a feeling that SB would be recalled this year, he's been lighting it up.

What excites me the most about this kid is how every time I imagine what line he will get slotted into I instantly think of more offence.

He could get go with any of our top three lines. Oh, boy, it's show time!

I wonder how the user "Baercheese" is feeling right now. He defended Baertschi (and other flames prospects including Gaudreau) from Canucks fans saying there werent very good.... Eventually banned

Now Baertschi is with the Canucks and everyone seems to love him

Yeah it does not make a lot of sense to recall him if they aren't going to play him.

Unless it's just for a day to reward him and then send him back after a practice and a view from the press box.

I'm sure the GM and the coach have good communication so there is obviously a plan here.

I suppose it could be something similar to that call up the team did in an earlier roadtrip (I believe it was in February and I forget who it was). The guy was called up but didn't really even get a chance to unpack his bags before he was sent back down.

Looking where Utica is in the standings (second at 91 pts), and that they have back to back games (Apr. 4 & 7) vs Hamilton (currently in 9th), having Baertschi away from the Comets for a few days would probably not hurt them all that much.

regards,

G.

Archived