The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Canucks @ Jets

-Vintage Canuck-

Maybe instead of blaming this on Lack; blame it on our faceoff coach? Blame it on Pavelec out playing us? Bad bounces? Defence disappearing? There was so many other factors in this game, I just.. :picard: Wow

Pavelec done nothing special tonight he was shaky but we didn't get the chances minus the Vrbata breakaway. The real hero of the game is the goal post for WPG

Just because a player plays badly and someone else points it out doesn't mean they don't support their team.

He let in 2 bad goals, while 2 other were saveable if he had some lateral movement.

He's won/helped us win some games for us, but this is definitely one that got away in a very crucial game

Agreed, it's just annoying

Terrible debut, as in underutilized. Hence why I noted the time played, not his performance.

I would prefer he stay in Utica if he isn't going to be played more than 3rd/4th line minutes.

Ah ok, my bad. Yeah, that's why I was shocked to see him up here in the first place.

Oh well, nothing else but to gain valuable experience for him though.

I can't pin this solely on Lack. Sure, he could be better...so could a lot of things.

We're flat footed at times. We have no jump out of the gates and let the other team dictate the tone and pace. We can't win a f/o for the life of us. We back up and give the other teams too much room to work with. Or, with the puck coming out of our end, we do too many back pedals before getting things moving forward - again, allowing for the other team to set up and get ready. And our line changes are sometimes very ill timed.

Love this team and positives are that they don't pack it in or give up but need to have that urgency all game long at this point. So resilient and that offers hope even if we do fall behind.

End of an emotional road trip, so that plays a big part.

It isn't easy. We can't sit at home and pretend it is...Jets are a big, desperate team and played like it.

GO CANUCKS GO...ON TO THE NEXT ONE.

I agree with that Debs and although Eddie was not his usual self we should have given him more help. I also think most will see now the value of having an experienced elite goalie like Miller to call on.

We had chances, the Vbrata one was a hard one to take given I would have put money on him to score there but all in all given the road trip they are just coming off I liked how they kept in the game.

Next season we do need to get another big body at the back though. Meyers was everything we could do with on our first line D.

These Canucks don't make things easy on themselves.

Great start to the road trip, but after the big emotional win over Nashville, they couldn't close out the rest of the road trip like contenders. The Canucks showed that they were the superior team by almost coming back to get at least a point after playing no more than 30 minutes of inspired hockey while the Jets went hard the whole game.

Since the Canucks seem to play a complete 60 minutes only when their backs are against the wall I suppose we have good things to look forward to vs. the Kings on Monday.

It'll be a shame if the watershed moment of the season was the Nashville game.

Watched this game in Mexico,and completely outnumbered by Jets fans.....ugh..!!....Canucks got off to a sluggish start,but saw some promise of Sven (he almost potted a pair)...Not a good game by Lack (two soft goals) ,but in his defence ,he's obviously been overworked and done a good job while Millers been out....

What I really hate about losing 1 goal games is that if we capitalized on one chance, we would have had atleast a point. Like that Higgins chance off the post. Would have, should have done this or that. But ultimately came up short.

I can't pin this solely on Lack. Sure, he could be better...so could a lot of things.

We're flat footed at times. We have no jump out of the gates and let the other team dictate the tone and pace. We can't win a f/o for the life of us. We back up and give the other teams too much room to work with. Or, with the puck coming out of our end, we do too many back pedals before getting things moving forward - again, allowing for the other team to set up and get ready. And our line changes are sometimes very ill timed.

Love this team and positives are that they don't pack it in or give up but need to have that urgency all game long at this point. So resilient and that offers hope even if we do fall behind.

End of an emotional road trip, so that plays a big part.

It isn't easy. We can't sit at home and pretend it is...Jets are a big, desperate team and played like it.

GO CANUCKS GO...ON TO THE NEXT ONE.

^ this ^

Its frightening to watch them in their own zone at times. They feel they have to make 5 or 6 passes to each other before they leave the zone. Hamhuis is great defending when he doesn't have the puck, but jeez how many times does he have time with the puck and just stands there until an opposition player is on him and strips him. The Sedins also have that problem, especially Daniel, of hanging on to the puck too long, thinking they can easily deke a player in their own zone. Just a quick clear pass and out please.

Archived