The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Eddie Lack has to start the playoffs.

constant giving up of 2-1s 3-1s not sure if its pur defense or coaching

the coaches seem to not be able to change lines with out giving up a to many men penalty

dont seem to work on faceoffs 29th in league

systems need to be reworked but some how we beat teams it blows me away

Rangers have similar faceoff % and they're close to getting the presidents trophy.

I agree that Lack is the hot hand and I'd like to go with him now, but I suspect that WD will want to avoid any controversy and play Miller as soon as he's ready. Hopefully Miller will be lights out and banish any of our worries.

As others have said, I don't expect Miller to be back mid-first round, though.

Miller did say he didn't want to be a liability if he were to come back.

I think Miller would understand more than anybody if Lack were to start the playoffs.

Hasn't played in over a month and coming off an injury.

It is too much of a risk to start Miller.

Mmmmmm... I don't consider Winnipeg and Minnesota to be elite. FFS, nowhere near. Good teams, yes. But very, very beatable (though don't underestimate them). In that same breath, I don't consider Vancouver to be elite either, but a team no one should underestimate, considering how many players have 20+ points (more than Anaheim) and 10+ goals.

Lack has been an adventure. When he's off, the team's been off too, and it's hard to read in to that. Maybe the team needs to play well for him to play well. But tonight was an example of what he CAN do, and that in itself is exciting.

Playing Miller at his earliest convenience would be asinine. However, if Lack has a bad game in the first round, and if Miller is ready to play, you throw Miller in IMMEDIATELY.

If he plays well, THAT is where we need to start asking the tough questions...

I don't think Miller should play unless he's 100% healthy. I'm hoping he's healthy and can start.

Even if Miller is healthy in time for the playoffs I cant imagine him being warm enough to actually realistically warrant playing him over Lack. Putting in a cold Miller over a hot Lack who is playing very well is a great way to end our season early.

Even if Miller is healthy in time for the playoffs I cant imagine him being warm enough to actually realistically warrant playing him over Lack. Putting in a cold Miller over a hot Lack who is playing very well is a great way to end our season early.

Agreed.

It's one of those things where, who knows, maybe Miller plays lights out because he's fresh? But that's a terrible gamble when Lack is putting up #1 stats (overall) and is primed for action. I say, you play Lack in the post-season until he ends up in a game where he's being shell-shocked. THEN you throw in Miller. If he looks good, well... That's where the coach has a tough decision ahead.

I think they will go with Lack, regardless of their ability to give up the 1st goal in how many games now? Lack settles down after the first couple of goals, the team settles in as well, it is a good resolve to have, that will be useful come playoff time

thats the worst possible strategy i could think of come playoff time. give your head a shake

Which is... not soon? I honestly don't think Miller is even fit. There's no question in my mind who starts, and it's the only one who's healthy.

Miller will be the guy you play in Game 1, or Game 4 if you're up 3-0. Unless it's Game 4 of the SCF.

Why is this still a question?

You don't suddenly start a playoff game after missing a couple of months with a damaged ACL.

Practice is one thing, but getting up to game speed and playoff intensity, having confidence in moving side-to-side and getting bumped in the crease will take a few games,and if Lack keeps playing as he is, I just don't see Miller getting put in there without any prior game action.

Not only does the team not have the luxury of "testing" Miller's knee in the playoffs, but to me the team has to be aware of potentially damaging the knee and jeopardizing next season as well.

So YES Lack has to start the playoffs. Whether he finishes them will be another matter.

Archived