The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CANUCKS OFFICIALLY CLINCH PLAYOFF SPOT....let the ascent begin

cuporbust

Leafs fans can still be loyal and classless. Take the down goes brown fan/blogger. He constantly hates on the canucks.

https://twitter.com/DownGoesBrown/status/585254376295497728

W7jx5OT.jpg

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/predicting-and-breaking-down-the-nhls-first-playoff-round/

That's ???? bull calling us thin skinned like there isn't any merit to defending ourselves from the constant classless attacks by people like him.

You fell right into the trap.

If we play the Flames, we can't lose to them again. We can get swept in the 2nd round for all I care, just please don't get knocked out by the Flames.

This. I would be very upset if we lost to the Flames. Not to mention a buddy of mine who is a HUGE flames fan. Gotta destroy these team, they shouldn't even be in the playoffs, and I have a feeling LA will catch them.

What an idiotic thing to say. While I can admire a bit of playful trash talking, you have taken it too far. The flames are far from the scum of the league, and although I doubt anyone is clamoring for your respect, being a BC boy living in Calgary I can tell you first hand how loyal and admirable their fan base is.

I'd also ad, every time I wear my Canucks jersey to a bar or to a game for the last 4 years I have never received even close to the disrespect you are doling out.

61079640.jpg

What an idiotic thing to say. While I can admire a bit of playful trash talking, you have taken it too far. The flames are far from the scum of the league, and although I doubt anyone is clamoring for your respect, being a BC boy living in Calgary I can tell you first hand how loyal and admirable their fan base is.

I'd also ad, every time I wear my Canucks jersey to a bar or to a game for the last 4 years I have never received even close to the disrespect you are doling out.

So you can take your small sample size of experience and apply it to a fanbase, but the other poster can not? I have heard and read some abhorrent comments towards the Canucks and our fanbase from Calgary, and being somewhat of a Calgary defender for both their team and city, I have no problem with harsh trash talk. It's a part of it. I will be in Calgary next week for work (as I often am) and I full expect to hear the usual tripe Albertans cast my way when I'm there...and to also have very intelligent debates with completely rational Flame fans. I am so sick of the wimpy fans here that give way too many craps what other fans think of us. WHO CARES! Most fans in both Calgary and Vancouver are polite and some are harsh. That's reality, I laugh when I hear harsh comments towards my team and fans. Time to grow some thicker skin.

It's not possible to sink to their level. That's how classless and low flames fans are. The only rift raft you'll find at the bottom of the pool swimming with them are oilers and leafs fans.

Dont be a hypocrite.

Not every Canucks fan exhibits the stupidity shown solely on CDC

I bloody well hope we do play the Flames in round one. That will be great hockey. Sean Monahan is really coming into his own and I'm curious to see if Gaudreau can withstand the rigors of the playoffs.

Canucks fans really don't have that much to brag about (how many cups again?) and every fan base has its idiots. Leaf fans are amazingly loyal.

Same old predictable garbage from you; blah blah blah no cup blah blah blah Canuck fans shouldn't talk blah blah blah 1915 doesn't count blah freakin' blah...

Hey isn't it time for you to bring up that stupid inferiority complex horsesh!t again? You haven't done that in a while.

Every fan base has them.

I think we are in for some great hockey, even if it is a short run. Regardless of how many games the Canucks play in the playoffs, what a success this season has been. Ownership went and got Linden. Some claimed it was a superficial move made to appease the fans...however as expected, he has been a great voice for the franchise and of course went after and got one of the smartest men in hockey to be the GM of our team. The GM in turn, started pulling moves out of his hat to change the complexion of this team. He went after the hottest coaching commodity and got him. Willie, promised 4 line hockey, as well as the Sedins becoming great again. He came through on both.

Overall the Canucks have re-emerged as a brand in this city, and while the next few seasons may still be tough, management has shown they are committed to icing a competitive team as the rookies grow and take over the mantle from the vets.

Very exciting time in this franchise's history.

I live right near Calgary, so if we meet them in the playoffs, I'm gonna parade my Canuck pride all around the city. I might do that anyway. :)

I live in Saskatchewan. Imma start wearing jerseys on P/O game days from here on in! :towel:

Really glad that Linden is able to accomplish his promise when he was first hired. Bring back the team to the playoffs, bring back the atmosphere of Rogers Arena with the eventual goal to win the Stanley Cup. There we go. Go Canucks Go

Archived