The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Who will you be cheering for now?

-Vintage Canuck-

Who will you be cheering for now?  

322 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

well whoever beats us usually wins the cup or at least goes to the finals so Calgary's got that going for them

I legitimately thought San Jose would win the cup after the officiating they got against us in the 12'13 sweep... but then they choked against the Kings. Somehow I really don't see Calgary overcoming the Ducks and the Bettman Bonus four times but it would make a great story if they did, and who knows maybe the NHL keeps pushing Calgary although I can't imagine why they would.

Okay, so now your conspiracy is that the NHL would rather Calgary wins than Canucks (who contribute far more financially to the league than Calgary)?

I'm guessing that you saw Elvis reffing the game as well, right?

Burkie (CGY's team-president) is a major league king-pin, the master-builder of that controversial and un-grandfathered CBA that forced strong teams like VAN to cough-up their LTC free-agents for next to nothin'. He also managed to get his woefully under-qualified son on the DPS, and the likes of O'Halloran and O'Rourke to work the series vs the 'Nucks despite the huge accusations and evidence of anti-Canucks bias attached to those guys. If there's anyone referees do NOT want to piss-off other than the perennial BOG Chairman Jacobs,...it's Mr. Defy-me-and-I'll-burn-you-with-my-power-and-vindictiveness Burkie.

The officials selected for this series were done so - after input from Burke, either by a direct request or as implied thru his many associations with the league. With that, we saw early enabling of the Flames' truculent players, and some biased or botched-calls in the Saddledome, Burkie's barn. He has the direct 'power' to influence people in hockey and affect their career aspirations - and is ever on the 'blower' making his views known and getting results....of that I have no doubt.

Can't say that I will cheer for any other team(s) directly, until the Final.

Now I root for the teams with a lot of viking-players, or respected veteran players on teams or in cities who have yet to win their 1st Cup.

But, I will be all-in with the Utica Comets, our baby Canucks, who are still making a run for the Calder Cup. Go Comets Go!

Canadiens and Senators. Unfortunately they are playing each other. Whoever comes out of that series has my support 100%

So sick and tired of America hogging Lord Stanley. Time to bring the cup home.

On the other hand, Go Ducks.

Archived