The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[OFFICIAL] Mike Babcock chooses the Toronto Maple Leafs

Will Babcock be assuming the General Manager and Chief of Hockey Operations positions as well, because with the dimwit management group they have, if he's not de facto last call decision maker around there, they're still doomed to be the Leafs.

Leafs were the last team I expected him to go to.

Funny how earlier this season, he was saying how this year's Red Wings is the best one he's had since they went to the finals in 2009. Then he signs with a team that might still be rebuilding by the time his contract is over...

TSN again showing their blind homerism saying that he is already the "perfect fit for the Leafs". And which version of the Leafs would that be? The one that hasn't even been constructed yet? Because if ownership has its way the team will be stripped down.

And as for the claim that they "won" the Babcock sweepstakes. They didn't win anything, they paid a ridiculous amount for him that he couldn't refuse.

TSN again showing their blind homerism saying that he is already the "perfect fit for the Leafs". And which version of the Leafs would that be? The one that hasn't even been constructed yet? Because if ownership has its way the team will be stripped down.

And as for the claim that they "won" the Babcock sweepstakes. They didn't win anything, they paid a ridiculous amount for him that he couldn't refuse.

Much like spending 100 Million dollars to win Lotto Max.

Only reason I can think TOR gave him such a big contract is because they really believe he can turn their team around, If I was a GM and thought I could fix my team just by shelling out big money for the best coach in the league I know I would do it.

It does seem weird..its like the $5M cart, pulling the horse....If you don't have the horses ,you're going to be in trouble,because you can only polish a turd so much.........I think he's a good coach,but has he dealt with this kind of adversity before..?..he's always had pretty good players to work with as I recall......

Archived