The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Are u more exited for the draft , or free agent frenzy ?

cuporbust

Free agent frenzy vrs. Draft day  

154 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just curious to see how cdc feels about draft vrs. Free agent frenzy day this year?

Seems that in years past , free agent frenzy has taken the lead with nucks fans as the most exiting day of the year, hoping we sign the "biggest and baddest" fish. Seems to me that nucks fans are starting to realize( all NHL fans for that matter ) that the draft makes a much bigger impact on a teams future then signing an overpaid free agent.

That being said , free agent signings can also make a fairly big impact , and gives fans that " instant gratification" they impulsively want. I would think most will say draft for this year given how deep the draft is , but the trend seems to change year to year. That and I think fans are realizing overpaid free agent signings are not nessesarily the most exiting hockey moves of the year anymore

I also threw in " trade " to see what u guys think will make the biggest impact on our next big cup run

So curious what u guys think about draft day this year and free agent frenzy? What are u looking forward To more , and what will bring us closer to a cup first ?

Being up against the cap means we are not likely to look at any free agents and we'll probably lose Mathias for nothing.

So I would say the draft holds more excitement. It'll at least generate more discussion wondering who Benning will trade to get the lost picks back (predicting Kass/Lack and Jensen)

DRAFT because then i can spend the next 3 days looking at highlight reels and scouting reports ::D

Yes i am a draft addict.

To be honest , me too. I have always taken the two days off work to watch the draft. Lol. In this day and age , draft makes a bigger impact unless u are one player away from a cup. We are not one player away anymore IMO.

I find it harder to get excited about the draft when we are drafting 23rd. Last year 6th was pretty interesting and when we got Horvat and hunter too. This year tho my interest is more focused on possible trades and who is leaving and coming in.

I find it harder to get excited about the draft when we are drafting 23rd. Last year 6th was pretty interesting and when we got Horvat and hunter too. This year tho my interest is more focused on possible trades and who is leaving and coming in.

I would be Surprised if we don't make a significant trade for a pick. Who knows , maybe even a couple picks. Should be an interesting draft day

Being up against the cap means we are not likely to look at any free agents and we'll probably lose Mathias for nothing.

So I would say the draft holds more excitement. It'll at least generate more discussion wondering who Benning will trade to get the lost picks back (predicting Kass/Lack and Jensen)

Draft, Bennings signings so far scare the bejeesus out of me.

Draft. Other than Vrbata Benning's signings have me scratching my head.

I am on board with the above comments. The Canucks have no money to go after UFAs and that is just as well as giving Benning money to play with makes me nervous anyway. (Yes, the Vrbata signing worked out, but $5 million was high given his track record.) And the others deals -- Miller, Tanev, Dorsett, and especially Sbisa have been overpayments. But I like his draft picks. Lets hope he can add a couple of additional picks -- maybe a second and a third -- to give the Canucks a full slate.

I am on board with the above comments. The Canucks have no money to go after UFAs and that is just as well as giving Benning money to play with makes me nervous anyway. (Yes, the Vrbata signing worked out, but $5 million was high given his track record.) And the others deals -- Miller, Tanev, Dorsett, and especially Sbisa have been overpayments. But I like his draft picks. Lets hope he can add a couple of additional picks -- maybe a second and a third -- to give the Canucks a full slate.

Tanev was not an overpayment. On the open market he would have received the same $

Archived