The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Multiple Offers-Lack gaining Lots of Interest * with Source *

So what you're saying is good riddens to Lack? :bigblush:

Yeah, he can go be another team's franchise goalie :P

You're so funny I forgot to laugh....

Franchise goalie= Goalie you build a franchise around and win a Cup with that goalie being the main puzzle piece.(there are only 4-5 of them in the league) Not sure if you get that

Chicago says otherwise.

Keith seabrook and oduya say high

Canucks don't have that type of core. Markstrom will be better than lack before next year is over. Lack is not a rare breed. Literally 15 goalies who are better than lack in the last 4 years have moved to new teams. If markstrom doesn't work out Canucks have 2 years to find a suitable replacement. People are acting like lack is the next hall of fame goalie. The relationship is ending Let's stop being that pathetic ex, begging for another chance and move on.

Why not?

Vrbata's, Hamhuis', and Bieksa's contracts are all expires by then. That's 14M in cap space.

I am not saying we shouldn't. In fact I would prefer Markstrom to be the on moved. We've have had success with solid goalies.

I was just pointing out some pros and cons. Having that much money tied up in our goal-tending would prevent us from doing anything significant during that specific off-season. Not sure we can go another off-season without signing a significant player with the amount of veterans we'd be letting go.

Keith seabrook and oduya say high

Canucks don't have that type of core. Markstrom will be better than lack before next year is over. Lack is not a rare breed. Literally 15 goalies who are better than lack in the last 4 years have moved to new teams. If markstrom doesn't work out Canucks have 2 years to find a suitable replacement. People are acting like lack is the next hall of fame goalie. The relationship is ending Let's stop being that pathetic ex, begging for another chance and move on.

This. It is more important to have a stud(s) on defense rather than a stud goalie.

Something that might work actually would be 31st, Grigorenko's rights for Lack and Jensen. That way Buffalo doesn't just flat out lose grigs and actually retain a prospect.

31+ rigths to grigorenko could happen.

This would be huge but I would be happy with just the 31st.

23rd + 31st to move up in the draft? Canucks are interested in Provorov apparently so if he slips past the 7th spot atleast perhaps a deal could be made? Maybe im in a dream world

This would be huge but I would be happy with just the 31st.

23rd + 31st to move up in the draft? Canucks are interested in Provorov apparently so if he slips past the 7th spot atleast perhaps a deal could be made? Maybe im in a dream world

I would love 31st + Grig too - since RFA's aren't worth terribly much unless it's Tarasenko, Hamilton, Saad, or someone of their ilk - and it shouldn't be much more than just Lack, if it's more than him at all.

Canucks would have to add at least McCann to get to Provorov. Probably Hamhuis too. And even then, McCann, Hamhuis, 23rd, and 31st still may not be enough in this draft.

I'm calling it:

To BUF: Lack, Jensen, Cederholm, 149th

To VAN: 21st, 51st

Super down. Then flip 21st and 23rd for a top 10 pick. Benning may be the guy to move up the draft, he's wired like a scout. This is his wheelhouse.

If true that the Rangers turned down the Sabres' offer of 2 early 2nd round picks; would everyone be ok with that for Lack?

I think I would, even a combo of early 2nd and Grigerenko.

In fact, Sabres fan if you're here. Would you do a lack for 2 seconds or a 2nd and Grig??

A. It's not true, Talbot has never even played half a season and is 27.

B. We'll be lucky to get a 2nd with so many goalies available.

So we trade EDDIE LACK? yes, Ryan Miller is our starter, so if after 60 games he gets injured like last year, what then?

We trust Jacob Markstrom GAA 3.3+ and Joe Cannata to get us into the playoffs??? THIS IS B#LLSH1T

Shouldve been Marky to go IMO...oh wells

If our players stop running into our goalies then Miller won't get hurt. Blame Hansen not Miller

I u listen to the draft listen in with the Canucks scouts they refer to a group of numbers in the " 40-60" range. They don't have a second rounder but you get the feeling they have one for sure coming.

Buffalo has the 51st pick. Coincidence?

Archived