The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Carl Soderberg to Avalanche

steal AV's stole this Soderberg is a great player, always wanted him on the Canucks'. They got a 40 point guy for a 6th rounder, if he signs that is, this is a great move by the AV's. How many studs are in the 6th round?

Lol and if he doesn't sign and that 6th rounder ends up being a steal.

Cap dump for Dougie. Even so though, surely he could have fetched more then that?

Not as a pending UFA. All this does is give the Avs first rights to sign him if they do it before July 1st. Good player, I wonder if the Avs have talked to him and think he'll sign or if this is a speculator.

Oh I thought it was 5m for soderberg. Yeah o Reilly is worth that. I suspect O Reilly for 3rd overall so Colorado can draft hanifin

It will probably be like O Reilly + bleakley or something. That way they got someone young with ekman Larsson and boadker.

Oh I thought it was 5m for soderberg. Yeah o Reilly is worth that. I suspect O Reilly for 3rd overall so Colorado can draft hanifin

Certainly it looks like O'Reilly will be getting shopped tomorrow. I can't see any other reason why Colorado spends a pick on "signing rights" for Soderberg on the same day the negotiation window opens.

But if they can manage to get a contract locked down with Soderberg ahead of the Draft, it means they can move O'Reilly with a replacement player already in place, which eliminates a lot of risk.

Smart management IMO, if this is indeed their plan.

Archived