The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brock Boeser | #6 | RW

thejazz97

Brett Hull to me.

Yeah that's who I was thinking. Hull became a more complete player later on but originally he was invisible all game except for the score sheet. Boeser definitely has an NHL shot. If he improved his skating we might have another steal in the later first like McCann.

Really hope him and Cassels both make the U.S. squad along with Demko for the WJC this Christmas. Assuming Virt goes and hopefully McCann too it should make for a really entertaining tournament. What other prospects of ours have the chance to make it to their respective teams? Jasek for the Czech's?

Really hope him and Cassels both make the U.S. squad along with Demko for the WJC this Christmas. Assuming Virt goes and hopefully McCann too it should make for a really entertaining tournament. What other prospects of ours have the chance to make it to their respective teams? Jasek for the Czech's?

cassels is too old.

Demko is too old.

I don't think many Canuck prospects will be in the World Juniors this year.

Virtanen should play for Canada and Boesser should play for the U.S.

The hit to head against Russia has set back McCann. With Fabbri and Point as holdovers from last year and Strome obviously being high on the depth chart McCann would have been in fight to make the team as 4C or as 13th man, although I thought his chances were good. But now I think his evaluation camp is over. He will need to play really well in Junior next fall to make the Canadian team.

Tryamkin, Demko, Cassels, Subban, etc. are all too old. Jasek was expected to play for Czechoslovakia but is not at their evaluation camp.

So right now I think it will be Virtanen, Boesser, maybe Jasek, and McCann has an outside chance.

Yeah that's who I was thinking. Hull became a more complete player later on but originally he was invisible all game except for the score sheet. Boeser definitely has an NHL shot. If he improved his skating we might have another steal in the later first like McCann.

Even if his speed doesnt improve he will still be a solid NHLer with just his shot alone. If his speed improves though, he has the potential to be a star.

For those who didn't see, Team USA cut down its evaluation camp roster yesterday to something closer to the final product. They're at 18 forwards now and teaching a bit more in the way of systems.

Brock is still in and is showing as on the "3rd" line centred by Ryan Hitchcock with Matt Tkachuk on RW.

• Upvote 1

HUGE GAME BY BOESER!!!

A hat-trick which includes the first goal for USA, and the eventual game winner.

What a shot this kid has!

Lacking a little foot speed however, but maybe i have just spent too much time recently watching Virtanen FLY!!

Great to read, any link to see?

For those who didn't see, Team USA cut down its evaluation camp roster yesterday to something closer to the final product. They're at 18 forwards now and teaching a bit more in the way of systems.

Brock is still in and is showing as on the "3rd" line centred by Ryan Hitchcock with Matt Tkachuk on RW.

So they set their final roster right now in the summer?

I could see him being on the third line with some first unit powerplay time.