The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brock Boeser | #6 | RW

thejazz97

48 minutes ago, Joe_Kerr said:

I hope we dont end up with another late 1st rd pick like Boeser.... what a disaster that would be! Everyone knows its top 3 or buust

I think Boeser will have something to say about that. 

3 hours ago, cube` said:

Maybe not next season but i think these lines would look good down the road.

Sedin - Sedin - Sutter

Eriksson- Horvat - Boeser

Baertschi - Granlund - Hansen

Virtanen - Gaunce - Rodin

Dorsett

Edler - Tanev

Hutton - Gudbranson

Juolevi - Stetcher

Sbisa - Tryamkin

Markstrom

???

Legit 1st

2 legit 2nds 

Legit 3rd

Great forward group.

That top 6 is nice as well 

The ?? : Demko

8 hours ago, Nigerian said:

If we're out of a playoff spot at the tdl , the only player potentially going out would be Miller imo. A playoff bound/contending team could profit from getting Miller at a decent price (1st-rounder + C-B level prospect). Teams that come to mind; Dallas, Philly, WPG. 

Yeah but then what happens next season? Markstrom and rookie goalie Demko? That could potentially be disastrous.

28 minutes ago, guntrix said:

Yeah but then what happens next season? Markstrom and rookie goalie Demko? That could potentially be disastrous.

It would. Gonna be a while till we see Demko in the NHL anyway.

Edited by Junkyard Dog

15 hours ago, cube` said:

Maybe not next season but i think these lines would look good down the road.

Sedin - Sedin - Sutter

Eriksson- Horvat - Boeser

Baertschi - Granlund - Hansen

Virtanen - Gaunce - Rodin

Dorsett

Edler - Tanev

Hutton - Gudbranson

Juolevi - Stetcher

Sbisa - Tryamkin

Markstrom

???

That's pretty slick...That second line could be deadly

Sutter definitely needs to be our 3rd line center though, he's just too good in a shutdown role with the ability to score as well and so far IMO Granlund is better and more suited for wing.

Sedin - Sedin - Rodin

Erikson - Horvat - Boeser

Baertchi - Sutter - Granlund

Burrows - Gaunce - Hansen

If Rodin and Boeser can come in and contribute right away we all of a sudden have some real scoring depth...Something we desperately have lacked.

Edited by Ihatetomatoes
Forgot Hansen

18 hours ago, Odd. said:

WPG dont need Miller. The rest, i'm not so sure. I think Philly could.

Winnipeg definitely not lol.

I don't think teams will be gunning for a rental goalie at the deadline, especially how Miller in St.Louis went.

Maybe get a 2nd rounder for him, and that's it.

32 minutes ago, c00kies said:

Winnipeg definitely not lol.

I don't think teams will be gunning for a rental goalie at the deadline, especially how Miller in St.Louis went.

Maybe get a 2nd rounder for him, and that's it.

A wrongly timed injury could open it up for Miller. 

5 hours ago, Ihatetomatoes said:

That's pretty slick...That second line could be deadly

Sutter definitely needs to be our 3rd line center though, he's just too good in a shutdown role with the ability to score as well and so far IMO Granlund is better and more suited for wing.

Sedin - Sedin - Rodin

Erikson - Horvat - Boeser

Baertchi - Sutter - Granlund

Burrows - Gaunce - Hansen

If Rodin and Boeser can come in and contribute right away we all of a sudden have some real scoring depth...Something we desperately have lacked.

Gotta take in to account. We are going to lose one of Granlund, Hansen, Gaunce or Dorsett to Vegas. 

On 10/7/2016 at 7:37 PM, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

Boeser passes like he shoots...straight and hard ...of course he can do the saucer pass as well with the same quick release he scores goals with...if we make the playoffs this year ...Brock could make us a cup contender next;;;;;

...we will make the playoff this year!

He would be perfect for the Sedins slap pass :D

2 hours ago, KKnight said:

Gotta take in to account. We are going to lose one of Granlund, Hansen, Gaunce or Dorsett to Vegas. 

At their age, losing Hansen or Dorsett isn't a huge loss. Having to expose Granlund and/or Gaunce sucks but depending on who they've taken from other teams, Vegas may not even be looking at our forwards. Sbisa could be a target.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, KKnight said:

If you were Vegas who would you take? 

We're protecting Sedin, Sedin, Ericsson, Sutter, Bo, Baer, Tanev, Edler, Gudbranson, Markstrom for sure, I'd say.

Exempt: Rodin, Virtanen, Hutton, Tryamkin

The last protection spot goes to Granlund, or Gaunce IMO.

Expose Dorsett, Hansen, Burrows, Sbisa and/ or Biega, and any eligible Comets players.

Granlund/Gaunce (whoever isn't protected, likely Gaunce) or Hansen are the most desirable forwards. Sbisa the most desirable D-man unless Vegas goes off the board and takes Pedan/Subban

9 minutes ago, Where's Wellwood said:

We're protecting Sedin, Sedin, Ericsson, Sutter, Bo, Baer, Tanev, Edler, Gudbranson, Markstrom for sure, I'd say.

Exempt: Rodin, Virtanen, Hutton, Tryamkin

The last protection spot goes to Granlund, or Gaunce IMO.

Expose Dorsett, Hansen, Burrows, Sbisa and/ or Biega, and any eligible Comets players.

Granlund/Gaunce (whoever isn't protected, likely Gaunce) or Hansen are the most desirable forwards. Sbisa the most desirable D-man unless Vegas goes off the board and takes Pedan/Subban

Granlund being protected isn't a slam dunk, I'm sure Benning and Linden would not want to lose Hansen.  Fortunately they'll have a whole seasons worth of hockey to make the decision.  But if Hansen is left available, he's definitely getting picked up over Sbisa.