The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brock Boeser | #6 | RW

thejazz97

1 minute ago, wellnon said:

I dont think anyone should take a lot of stalk in pre-season... a lot of people look good in pre-season then 20 games into the regular season you realize they are duds.   

....maybe if you are talking about a 18 or 19 year old rookie....not a 25 year old Swedish Elite league MVP....the eyes did not deceive....trust me on this one.

12 minutes ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:
15 minutes ago, wellnon said:

....maybe if you are talking about a 18 or 19 year old rookie....not a 25 year old Swedish Elite league MVP....the eyes did not deceive....trust me on this one.

I watched the pre-season too. We can agree to disagree 

On 3/28/2017 at 6:04 PM, Chip Kelly said:

That's what he is a journeyman like Larsen.

There is no comparison actually.

Larsen has played for a few different teams across a number of leagues, where Rodin has played for the same team in Sweden his whole career and was MVP last season. You're right, there's no comparison actually.

But back to Boeser, he's still performing solidly even if it's not 4 goals a game or anything like that. He's just doing what he knows how to do, and it's great when that fit is more impressive at the NHL level after a year that wasn't as lauded as his previous one.

Edited by elvis15

Vancouver treats its top draft picks right, and that's something I find pretty impressive.

When Bo was told he would be staying with the big club, what a moment.
When Jake and Jared made the team, they got Bo to relay the message. Not the right development move in hindsight, but we're showing our guys that they're important to us.

When Brock makes his debut, they bring his family in to read the starting lineup. Just pure class.

You better believe they'll do something special for Thatcher once he's ready. Honestly, I hope Jim ramps up his dialogue with Demko in the next year here, this kid needs to know how significant he is to this team's future.

Nolan Patrick will get treated pretty nicely too ;)

WRONG THREAD AGAIN!... Boeser though, such a beauty. 

The real question. Which relatively unknown player will JB draft to the chagrin of everyone, only to see that player flourish and develop into a good prospect over the next 2 years.

Some Guesses:

Finn Evans http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=273619
Played in the OJHL this year, but will play at Princeton next year. Late August birthday, good size, at 6'2, but light at 176. (Same size as me basically lol)

Ryan Sandelin http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=311758
Played mostly high school hockey, but did well for team north and in the playoffs, will go to Minni State U. (Mankato) next year.

Jakub Galvas http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=236429
Strong U18 tournament for a D man, scored in the Czech Big leagues this year.

Filip Chytil http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=236806
Another good international player with points in the top Czech League

Ian Mitchell http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=201362
5'10 Right shot D man who played in the AJHL this year, and will play at U of Denver next year

Mick Messner http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=309375
Low USHL numbers, but good international play, U of Wisconsin commit. 

Edited by Derp...

16 hours ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

Boeser is the real deal...I think we all agree on that...oh wait...maybe not the Chiper....

I think he is top six for sure. He has the mature game and personality. Don't think he is top line legit just yet on a playoff caliber team like you booked him to be in a "couple years".

I like the guy and his character. I think second line is a safe projection in my view.

When you start booking him for a top line wing I have to see him for a full season and how much his speed can improve by training camp to see if he can become an all star.

I don't want to put that pressure on him yet though to carry the team on his back with Horvat.

Edited by Chip Kelly
  • Upvote 2

Gave you a plus 1 for not turning this into a personal attack because someone called you out. You responded with a well thought out post. Something this forum should take as a good example as how to properly responded to a post that sites you out.

Boeser is going to be special player. I think he has shown that already. Kid shows nothing but high level class. I personal see him as a top line player, a 25 to 40 goal scorer. If some how Van does something wrong I can not see him being anything lower than a high level third liner who can play top line minutes when needed.

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, vancan2233 said:

Gave you a plus 1 for not turning this into a personal attack because someone called you out. You responded with a well thought out post. Something this forum should take as a good example as how to properly responded to a post that sites you out.

Boeser is going to be special player. I think he has shown that already. Kid shows nothing but high level class. I personal see him as a top line player, a 25 to 40 goal scorer. If some how Van does something wrong I can not see him being anything lower than a high level third liner who can play top line minutes when needed.

I dont see him thriving on a third line. I get what you are saying ( floor is 3rd line) but i cant see anything lower then second being realistic. 

Edited by cuporbust

1 hour ago, cuporbust said:

I dont see him thriving on a third line. I get what you are saying ( floor is 3rd line) but i cant see anything lower then second being realistic. 

yeah. not sure boeser would thrive on a third line. 

he's smart, offensively gifted this much is obvious - he's a top six forward. and he needs to be deployed as such. 

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, Chip Kelly said:

I think he is top six for sure. He has the mature game and personality. Don't think he is top line legit just yet on a playoff caliber team like you booked him to be in a "couple years".

I like the guy and his character. I think second line is a safe projection in my view.

When you start booking him for a top line wing I have to see him for a full season and how much his speed can improve by training camp to see if he can become an all star.

I don't want to put that pressure on him yet though to carry the team on his back with Horvat.

I don't know where you got that I said he was going to become an "All-star" on a playoff caliber team. 

I do believe we will be a playoff caliber team eventually and that he will be on the first line so I will give you that one, but I never said he will be an "All-star"....I think it is possible for him though....

Edited by Rollieo Del Fuego

24 minutes ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

I don't where you got that I said he was going to become an "All-star" on a playoff caliber team. 

I do believe we will be a playoff caliber team eventually and that he will be on the first line so I will give you that one, but I never said he will be an "All-star"....I think it is possible for him though....

It will be between him and Bo for the next few years to whom will rep for the nucks. I don't think it's out of the question to think Brock could lead this team in points within the next couple seasons. He's that good. 

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

I don't know where you got that I said he was going to become an "All-star" on a playoff caliber team. 

I do believe we will be a playoff caliber team eventually and that he will be on the first line so I will give you that one, but I never said he will be an "All-star"....I think it is possible for him though...

When you said top line I assumed that as star because top line are usually stars.

That's alright.