The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brock Boeser | #6 | RW

thejazz97

I'm almost dumbfounded with how consistently Brock scores. We really haven't seen anyone score at this rate since Naslund and Bertuzzi. It's a pleasure to watch. I keep expecting him to fall off, but he keeps scoring, game after game.

• Upvote 1

I know it may be a little much to say right now but should Brock have gone number 2 to mcdavid in the draft cuz this kid is looking special, I have been hearing people talking about him in coffee shops and grocery stores. I just got this very strange feeling he’s Gunna have the most goals by a rookie since ovi (knock on wood ) 

I remember that many people were disappointed (none more so than Linden) that the Canucks lost the lottery and couldn't land one of Mathews or Laine.  Many were lamenting how landing one of those two would have sped up the rebuild but now, it would take a few more years.  Right now, Boeser is scoring at a pace that is comparable to them.  Boeser has blown away all expectations including Benning's.  I would say we got our franchise player at 23rd that is on the same level as Mathews and Laine.

1 hour ago, -AJ- said:

Boeser has now tied Cody Hodsgon for the most points of any Canuck rookie season since the lockout with 33...in just over half the games.

rookiepoints.thumb.png.d51b39e8d62049a079867b5b7ddec985.png

Incredible. This guy is gonna be the face of the franchise. 

If anyone can break the twins point records, it's him.

1 hour ago, gobi said:

I remember that many people were disappointed (none more so than Linden) that the Canucks lost the lottery and couldn't land one of Mathews or Laine.  Many were lamenting how landing one of those two would have sped up the rebuild but now, it would take a few more years.  Right now, Boeser is scoring at a pace that is comparable to them.  Boeser has blown away all expectations including Benning's.  I would say we got our franchise player at 23rd that is on the same level as Mathews and Laine.

That's how you draft

1 hour ago, gobi said:

There is something to be said about draft pedigree as well. Matthews and Laine no slouches for sure. But having a player who has produced points wise the way those two top two draft picks have at 23rd overall, is amazing. that's how you draft, that's how you win. Which is why I think and believe that Benning is the right guy as GM for this team moving forward. He's so good at drafting, and he's got a good scouting team now as well with Brackett (never lose that guy) on board and the head scout. Benning has also traded better too, but I'd like to see him deal with the Gudbranson situation and see what kind of return he will get, or if he signs Guddy, to what kind of deal. But his best trades thus far in his tenure has been for Dahlen, Goldobin, Baertschi, and Granlund up to date (let me know if I'm missing anything else). 

10 hours ago, LegionOfDoom said:

I know it may be a little much to say right now but should Brock have gone number 2 to mcdavid in the draft cuz this kid is looking special, I have been hearing people talking about him in coffee shops and grocery stores. I just got this very strange feeling he’s Gunna have the most goals by a rookie since ovi (knock on wood ) 

In my opinion, at the moment, he is going 4OA,

1. McDavid (Generational, once every 10 year)

2. Eichel (1C)

3. Werenski (1D)

4. Boeser (1RW)

But if he hits close to or more than 40 goals this season and becomes a consistent 40 goal scorer who hits eventually hits 50 goals, I think he might just go down as the second best player from that draft, only by a small margin to McDavid.

34 minutes ago, khay said:

In my opinion, at the moment, he is going 4OA,

1. McDavid (Generational, once every 10 year)

2. Eichel (1C)

3. Werenski (1D)

4. Boeser (1RW)

But if he hits close to or more than 40 goals this season and becomes a consistent 40 goal scorer who hits eventually hits 50 goals, I think he might just go down as the second best player from that draft, only by a small margin to McDavid.

I'd take him 2.  The comparison between any of Eichel, Werenski and Boeser may be more a matter of opinion than anything else at this point though methinks.  

Edit... It's still early too.  Will be fun to see how they all continue to develop.  

Edited by J-Dizzle
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, spook007 said:

Especially remember the out cry by some :)

I’m not going to lie I was one of them but also I didn’t get into depth at drafts like I do now. I was also on board of glass over lord pettersson. Reason of why I have 100% faith in our scouting drafting committee looking at stats and highlight clips just simply is not enough to judge a player by. 

• Upvote 1

Gotta admit, when we first drafted him I was afraid he might become another Patrick White or Jordan Schroeder with our luck. But after watching his interviews after the draft and follow his play in NCAA, I think he had the potential to be a good first line player. Right now, he is trending to become a franchise player for this team. Couldn't be happier to see how he turns out!

• Like 1