The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brock Boeser | #6 | RW

thejazz97

On 11/22/2017 at 1:50 PM, -AJ- said:

I would argue that Sergachev might be on of the three finalists when all is said and done. He might end up being Boeser's greatest competitor in this race.

Two twins and a King*

Malcolm Subban might be part of the conversation if he keeps playing a lot.

One thing I'd like to see from fans, it is great to be excited about Brock. But lets also cut him some slack as well. He's going to have bad games (very few).

There's even the possibility of a sophomore jinx next year. (Sort of if he can do this as a rookie, where is his top end?) 

Stick by our guy, good games and bad. Because the kid has got skills. But what is just as impressive. (Maybe his upbringing and parents?) Is how good of a person he is on and off the ice. 

I hope we get many, many years, and many many points from him and his teammates. And hopefully Lord Stanley's Mug too!

• Upvote 2

So, in the media, for the first 6 weeks of the season, Boeser was "slightly behind" Keller in the race for the Calder. For the last six weeks he's "slightly behind" Barzal. Who do we think he'll be "slightly behind" come the end of January? My money is on McAvoy...

29 minutes ago, EagleShield said:

So, in the media, for the first 6 weeks of the season, Boeser was "slightly behind" Keller in the race for the Calder. For the last six weeks he's "slightly behind" Barzal. Who do we think he'll be "slightly behind" come the end of January? My money is on McAvoy...

Borgman.... just because he's playing for Toronto. lol

6 hours ago, EagleShield said:

Honestly, I don't think he's behind anyone right now. I realize that TO media is biased as hell and all, but it seems to me that Boeser is starting to turn some heads everywhere. 

I think it's going to be a matter of who's "slightly behind" Boeser going forward. 

It is interesting though that Boeser's name is the one that has consistently stayed at the top of the Calder race, while everyone else has been floating in and out since the season started.

• Upvote 2

The thing I love about Boeser’s rookie year, is how jealous everyone is of us. You can see it from the eastern media how much they dont wanna talk about him, just because they’re so petty. 

He’s a special player, and the entire Bruins scouting department should be fired immediately. 3 at bats and they miss their shot at Boeser..,,

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, HorvatToBaertschi said:

The thing I love about Boeser’s rookie year, is how jealous everyone is of us. You can see it from the eastern media how much they dont wanna talk about him, just because they’re so petty. 

He’s a special player, and the entire Bruins scouting department should be fired immediately. 3 at bats and they miss their shot at Boeser..,,

but then they got Heinen, Bjork, DeBrusk (1 out of 3 picks), McAvoy, and much more so they don't really care anymore. They also got Pastrnak at 25th overall in 2014 who is looking to be the best player from that 2014 draft class.

Plus Boeser wasn't on most people's top 15 list. Though they could have drafted Kyle Connor and Matthew Barzal.

Minnesota should be kicking themselves repeatedly for passing on hometown kid Boeser..

Edited by Odd.
  • Upvote 1