The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brock Boeser | #6 | RW

thejazz97

On 4/17/2018 at 11:02 AM, Rob_Zepp said:

Or expose them :lol:.    I think a lot of the crowd that is "Canucks are worst team" "they have no NHL players" and so forth won't like this - if the Canucks had roughly .920 netminding (e.g. just above NHL average versus below) and had those 30ish goals spread over 15 or so key games AND if they had actually won a shootout or three, they were "right there" not in the lottery which I don't think would be a good thing given their development but it was entirely possible.     You saw it down the stretch when goaltending was good - lots of wins.   

Point on this thread, however, is that Reaves isn't even playing in the very series you think would be his best shot of getting into.   

So IF the Canucks had better goaltending, and IF the Canucks scored more goals in the key games, and IF the Canucks won more shootouts, they'd be in the playoffs......

IF my aunt had balls, she'd be my uncle as they say.....heh heh.

5 hours ago, NHL97OneTimer said:

So IF the Canucks had better goaltending, and IF the Canucks scored more goals in the key games, and IF the Canucks won more shootouts, they'd be in the playoffs......

IF my aunt had balls, she'd be my uncle as they say.....heh heh.

Uh, ok...don't want to meet either your aunt or uncle after that.

My point is, they were a closer team than they had any right to be - Green changed their style in a very good way.   They were snakebitten by freak injuries and they got some of the worst goaltending in the entire NHL along with a crap shooting percentage as a team and still managed to somehow compete more nights than not.    In otherwords, they may be closer than many think - including me.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

On ‎4‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 11:02 AM, Rob_Zepp said:

Point on this thread, however, is that Reaves isn't even playing in the very series you think would be his best shot of getting into.   

I don't want Reaves by any means but Leipsic couldn't crack that lineup and he looks like friggin Gretzky here at times lol.  I guess I wouldn't mind RR if the price was really cheap.

Back to Boeser hope he didn't take that family trip to Hawaii yet...

Image result for hawaii stormImage result for hawaii storm

11 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

I don't want Reaves by any means but Leipsic couldn't crack that lineup and he looks like friggin Gretzky here at times lol.  I guess I wouldn't mind RR if the price was really cheap.

What island is that?

9 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Wow.   Is that happening on your coast too or is it coming - don't you get Hawaii's weather when it leaves?

Dude, I'm in Arkansas. The weather we get here falls under the definition of schizophrenic, at least in the fall and spring. Fairly common to go from freezing to 85 degrees in three days, mixing in thunderstorms, tornadoes, hail and the occasional snow/sleet. But...Vancouver does get a much calmer version of that. MUCH calmer!

2 minutes ago, Father Ryan said:

Dude, I'm in Arkansas. The weather we get here falls under the definition of schizophrenic, at least in the fall and spring. Fairly common to go from freezing to 85 degrees in three days, mixing in thunderstorms, tornadoes, hail and the occasional snow/sleet. But...Vancouver does get a much calmer version of that. MUCH calmer!

LOL.   Sorry, figured most of your Canuck types are all huddled together in Kitsolina or wherever at a coffee shop sharing internet bandwidth waiting for your triple foamed caramel fat-free skim latte with sprinkles.   

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Rob_Zepp said:

LOL.   Sorry, figured most of your Canuck types are all huddled together in Kitsolina or wherever at a coffee shop sharing internet bandwidth waiting for your triple foamed caramel fat-free skim latte with sprinkles.   

That wasn't me even when I did live there. More like...one of three or four pubs near Granville Island, downing some Granville Island lagers after work, and drinking real coffee to sober up when needed. I cannot stand Starbucks!

Just now, Father Ryan said:

That wasn't me even when I did live there. More like...one of three or four pubs near Granville Island, downing some Granville Island lagers after work, and drinking real coffee to sober up when needed. I cannot stand Starbucks!

You and me would get along just fine.......

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Father Ryan said:

Only posers and yuppies go to Starbucks ::D

2 hours ago, Rob_Zepp said:

What's Kitsolina? Any relation to Carolina?

The neighbourhood is actually called Kitsilano and is derived from 'X̱ats'alanexw', the name of a Squamish chief. It is also conveniently close to Rogers' Arena -- a fairly short bike ride -- and there are a lot of bikes in Kitsilano. I lived there many years ago. It has gone through many iterations over the years -- at one time attracting a lot of Greek immigrants and at another time being a center of the Vancouver "hippie" counter-culture community. Now it is mainly just very expensive. 

To bring this back to Brock Boeser, when he signs his next contract (which I hope is very soon) he should be able to afford a place in Kits. If he does, he won't be the first Canuck to live there. Not sure if Trevor Linden still lives there, but he did live there for quite a while.

• Cheers 1

8 hours ago, JamesB said:

What's Kitsolina? Any relation to Carolina?

The neighbourhood is actually called Kitsilano and is derived from 'X̱ats'alanexw', the name of a Squamish chief. It is also conveniently close to Rogers' Arena -- a fairly short bike ride -- and there are a lot of bikes in Kitsilano. I lived there many years ago. It has gone through many iterations over the years -- at one time attracting a lot of Greek immigrants and at another time being a center of the Vancouver "hippie" counter-culture community. Now it is mainly just very expensive. 

To bring this back to Brock Boeser, when he signs his next contract (which I hope is very soon) he should be able to afford a place in Kits. If he does, he won't be the first Canuck to live there. Not sure if Trevor Linden still lives there, but he did live there for quite a while.

Thanks for history lesson and spelling / I got lazy and went from memory of how it sounded.   Hope Boeser likes the area.

• Thanks 1

On 4/19/2018 at 6:48 PM, Rob_Zepp said:

Boho has been spotted in Safeway in Kitsolina.  What a yuppie!  :lol:

• Cheers 1

On 4/19/2018 at 6:59 AM, Tre Mac said:

I believe those pics are of the east side of Oahu.  The north shore of Kauai was hardest hit (very bad).

I believe Brock and his family are on Maui in the Kaanapali area (based on him liking a pic his brother took there recently).

Coincidentally I am currently on Maui and staying in the Kaanapali area (no I'm not stalking him ;)  )  but I am on the lookout.....just sayin' .......

Edited by redhdlois

41 minutes ago, Where's Wellwood said:

That's some kind of cast. Procedure was on his wrist but the cast covers past his elbow

To keep an area immobile it is necessary to splint both the joint above and below the injury. Not unusual at all.

Though I am a bit surprised than he can hold a phone in that hand, I'd have thought they would have restricted his hand movement a bit more than that.

But I'd say the doctor/surgeon has about 10 years of medical training and I'm just a former level 3 first aid ticket holder.

Edited by gurn
  • Upvote 4