The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brock Boeser | #6 | RW

thejazz97

1 hour ago, chilliwiggins said:

its an 18 to 20 year old tournament, and no he didn't play first line minutes in fact he played very limited minutes, no pk very little PP time.  He was suspect in his own end losing board battles, not taking his man,  stationary waiting for passes in the offensive end while schmautz did all the dirty work,    I will give him this he played better in the bronze medal game but the other games just led me to believe he is a project much like all are other late first round draft picks.  He didn't get more than 10 minutes a night, and in the middle games he got less.   I watched every American game as by your comments I'm assuming you didn't.  As for pick 23 , my argument was Konecny is better and showed the complete game that he possesses and at this point I look to be right, but we all know things can change and it only matters inNHL games so until then easy on the Kool-Aid,  I guess I'm using the same crystal ball you are using as your argument.   try looking at the world through objective lenses, its much larger. lol

Aside from that, yes very entertaining game last night from both teams.  Canucks looked good in the first, so did Lou.  Second and third Florida put on a clinic on how to win board battles.   Lots of good video to show our youth what they need to do to control a game.   Nice timely goal by Virtanen, well deserved.  Loved the goal on Lou by Dany to tie Nazzy.  

Is anyone else having problems getting rid of quotes?

Anyways, he was moved to the top line against Canada, after Debrincat was kicked out. And he was there in another game. He finished with what 3 points? That's not horrible production from an 18 year old, especially if he didn't get any PP time of first line minutes like you say. And you fail to touch on him torching the NCAA as a rookie, also the BCHL as a younger player. He's obviously a project, just like Travis K is, it's a mid 20's pick what do you expect? Everything about Brock screams top 6 two way forward with a wicked release, and I'd say That's his floor, if his footspeed improves then he could be more.

Edited by WonderTwinPowers
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, chilliwiggins said:

konecny possesses all round game , wouldnt label him as project most people who watched flyers preseason games thought he was a lock to make the team this season as he had the best prospect showing of all their prospects. put it this way if he was competing against McCann and virts for a roster spot on the nucks this year, you would be watching him play right now.   I'm pretty sure hes on the team next year.  anyways ive pretty much stated my case on pick 23 now we just have to wait and see.    Boeser has to work on foot speed, play along the boards in both ends, and his 2way game as he became exposed against the best in his age group.   I will refrain further judgement until their is more of a book on both players.  but the WJC did raise some eyebrows in here about pick 23 and pick 24

Well I guess I do have an update , Konecny was just traded from the Ottawa 67s for 10 draft picks and 2 players so a total of 12 players, and the reasoning behind this from the Ottawa 67s was they are a middling team and weren't expected to take a run at the Memorial  and they said they think Konecny wont be returning next year as he will be playing for the PHILADELPHIA FLYERS , so they traded him to Sarnia who is taking a run at the Memorial Cup.    12 PLAYERS.   I guess its not just me. lol

Guess we'll have to agree to disagree again about McCann not playing over Konecny.  And I've never once said anything negative about him I think Konecny is going to be a top 6 scoring forward. But I stand by my statement that Boeser will be a top 6 two way forward. His college coach was raving about his two way game, even Ron Wilson had nothing but good things to say about him at the summer evaluation camp, where he was also tried on the top line *at times*. I just think it's way to early to say Benning made the wrong pick, one tournament doesn't make a career. And considering Benning seems to want to build more around big, fast fowards who have a big shot. It seems to fit his scheme.

That's certainly a big trade, makes you wonder what Virtanen would have garnered had he been returned with a forced trade Draisitl style

*and thanks for the refresh tip

Edited by WonderTwinPowers

14 hours ago, WonderTwinPowers said:

Is anyone else having problems getting rid of quotes?

Anyways, he was moved to the top line against Canada, after Debrincat was kicked out. And he was there in another game. He finished with what 3 points? That's not horrible production from an 18 year old, especially if he didn't get any PP time of first line minutes like you say. And you fail to touch on him torching the NCAA as a rookie, also the BCHL as a younger player. He's obviously a project, just like Travis K is, it's a mid 20's pick what do you expect? Everything about Brock screams top 6 two way forward with a wicked release, and I'd say That's his floor, if his footspeed improves then he could be more.

Yes, I can't seem to shake the quotes either sometimes. And yes, Boeser is a helluva pick at 23. Very satisfactory and our friend Craig Button was praising the pick (and his skating in particular) during the tournament. He'll be a two or, more likely, a three year college player and he's already a star at that level at 18. Very impressive stuff. I'm glad we passed on the little guy!

2 hours ago, Salmonberries said:

Yes, I can't seem to shake the quotes either sometimes. And yes, Boeser is a helluva pick at 23. Very satisfactory and our friend Craig Button was praising the pick (and his skating in particular) during the tournament. He'll be a two or, more likely, a three year college player and he's already a star at that level at 18. Very impressive stuff. I'm glad we passed on the little guy!

Boeser will be one hell of a player. 

Konency will be a good player in his own right for Philly. 

I think Boeser will be a Canuck in 1-2 years. Hopefully he signs soon! ^_^

19 hours ago, WonderTwinPowers said:

The failure to pick the best player available at 23?... Seriously?... While you have your crystal ball out any powerball numbers? We draft one of the highest scoring NCAA rookies and people complain, he makes a 19 year old tournament and plays first line minutes as an 18 year old and you complain, good God CDC. Benning has done a fantastic job with this team, look at the youth in the lineup last night. If you don't like what he's doing then get out.

• Upvote 2

19 hours ago, chilliwiggins said:

its an 18 to 20 year old tournament, and no he didn't play first line minutes in fact he played very limited minutes, no pk very little PP time.  He was suspect in his own end losing board battles, not taking his man,  stationary waiting for passes in the offensive end while schmautz did all the dirty work,    I will give him this he played better in the bronze medal game but the other games just led me to believe he is a project much like all are other late first round draft picks.  He didn't get more than 10 minutes a night, and in the middle games he got less.   I watched every American game as by your comments I'm assuming you didn't.  As for pick 23 , my argument was Konecny is better and showed the complete game that he possesses and at this point I look to be right, but we all know things can change and it only matters inNHL games so until then easy on the Kool-Aid,  I guess I'm using the same crystal ball you are using as your argument.   try looking at the world through objective lenses, its much larger. lol

Aside from that, yes very entertaining game last night from both teams.  Canucks looked good in the first, so did Lou.  Second and third Florida put on a clinic on how to win board battles.   Lots of good video to show our youth what they need to do to control a game.   Nice timely goal by Virtanen, well deserved.  Loved the goal on Lou by Dany to tie Nazzy.  

The only thing I'm worried about is Boesers foot speed. 

• Upvote 1

On 12/01/2016 at 9:32 AM, chilliwiggins said:

I remember watching Mcdavid in his first world junior and thought he wasnt that great

• Upvote 1

Only on the internet does someone mindlessly complain about us not drafting how they want, coming across like they think they know more than anyone else about how these prospects will develop. I just get so baffled sometimes by how one can be so naive about it. It's not like it's going to change who we picked.

Why can't we just focus on Boeser? I mean Konechy may turn out great and all but he's not our pick, so suck it up buttercup! lol

• Upvote 4

34 minutes ago, desiboynux4lifee******* said:

he needs to have hire a skating coach before he makes the nhl. His positioning is fine but the guy lacks one thing Konecy has speed!

Konecny doesn't have the same shot, nor the same size, and has injury history.  There -- he lacks "several" things that Brock has.  Why are you even bothering comparing apples to oranges, which is completely pointless?  Nothing better to do?

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, desiboynux4lifee******* said:

he needs to have hire a skating coach before he makes the nhl. His positioning is fine but the guy lacks one thing Konecy has speed!

Boeser has NHL size and a big frame he can fill out more. 

If he can build speed and add size while improving as a player, which it looks like he is, then he could be a solid NHL player. 

We probably won't see him for a bit so he has time to improve his flaws.