The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brock Boeser | #6 | RW

thejazz97

1 minute ago, MoneypuckOverlord said:

But then they will be reinforced by Tyson jost.

They're losing alot of other older players too. They won't be nearly the team they were this season.

Maybe he likes the idea of being a leader on a younger team though.

34 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

They're losing alot of other older players too. They won't be nearly the team they were this season.

I think he still stays. He becomes their leader and their number 1 go-to guy. This is actually not bad for his development. If he can learn to be a leader and put up points  with a much younger team as you say, this will sky-rocket his confidence. We really don't need to rush this kid. Another reason why he also stays IMO, school, so he has something to do after hockey.

Edited by Odd.

2 hours ago, DeNiro said:

The Elite NCAA programs aren't like your conventional CHL team. 

Like:

Alabama, LSU, OU in football

Kentucky, Uconn, MSU in Basketbal

ND, BC, BU, MS in hockey. 

Their programs are elite and never seem to be short on talent. Everyone in the country has them at the top of their list. 

Always competitive.

Just now, LaBamba said:

The Elite NCAA programs aren't like your conventional CHL team. 

Like:

Alabama, LSU, OU in football

Kentucky, Uconn, MSU in Basketbal

ND, BC, BU, MS in hockey. 

Their programs are elite and never seem to be short on talent. Everyone in the country has them at the top of their list. 

Always competitive.

They're still going to be a young team with alot of 22 year old players moving on.

It took them a few years to get to the level they're at now.

8 hours ago, DeNiro said:

With Stecher, Caggiula, and possibly Schmaltz moving on I think he considers leaving school. Especially if they win a championship.

I doubt it, it sounds like he's set on getting an education.. Some sort of degree. either way is all good to me.

but plz Benning sign Stecher. I'm not as high on Caggiula but wouldn't be upset. I'd like to take a chance on Tanev though be great to try to mold him to be another Hansen type of guy

If Boeser stays and both his linemates leave as well as other teammates his point production could go down.

So CDC is all high on him now, if his numbers drop with younger teammates I sure hope people don't start calling him a bust or start turning on this kid...

I think him staying would be good for him, but if he went to Utica and say McCann was his C down their I would be all for that. But I would not expect him to be on the Canucks roster next year, I do not think that would be a wise thing.

McCann Boeser tandem in Utica would be sweet though!

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Yotes said:

If Boeser stays and both his linemates leave as well as other teammates his point production could go down.

So CDC is all high on him now, if his numbers drop with younger teammates I sure hope people don't start calling him a bust or start turning on this kid...

I think him staying would be good for him, but if he went to Utica and say McCann was his C down their I would be all for that. But I would not expect him to be on the Canucks roster next year, I do not think that would be a wise thing.

McCann Boeser tandem in Utica would be sweet though!

How about add Virtanen and make it a triumvirate of total terror? ::D

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Alflives said:

How about add Virtanen and make it a triumvirate of total terror? ::D

I guess you could in theory, we need him to play in the nhl and use his size more, neither he or Boeser are LW so they wouldnt all be on the same line I dont think.

If we are truly rebuilding I think Virtanen is for sure on the team next year and Likely they make room for McCann if he has a good off season and that could push Vey out or on a 2way deal.

McCann would need to be on 3rd line though, maybe they try to convert him to a winger for a year or 2 to take some stress and responsibility off of him.

Boeser I would like to see in Utica hopefully working with T Green, but he could easily stay in College and that would be fine also. Just dont rush or put too much expecations on him and let him develop. Let him go into next years WJC and lets see what he can do their, I know I am curious if he can step up and be a key guy for the US

1 minute ago, Yotes said:

I guess you could in theory, we need him to play in the nhl and use his size more, neither he or Boeser are LW so they wouldnt all be on the same line I dont think.

If we are truly rebuilding I think Virtanen is for sure on the team next year and Likely they make room for McCann if he has a good off season and that could push Vey out or on a 2way deal.

McCann would need to be on 3rd line though, maybe they try to convert him to a winger for a year or 2 to take some stress and responsibility off of him.

Boeser I would like to see in Utica hopefully working with T Green, but he could easily stay in College and that would be fine also. Just dont rush or put too much expecations on him and let him develop. Let him go into next years WJC and lets see what he can do their, I know I am curious if he can step up and be a key guy for the US

The few games I've seen Virtanen on the left he's looked good

1 hour ago, Yotes said:

I'd much prefer to see McCann in a secondary scoring role as a winger than to see him sent down to Utica.  though I find the Utica scenario to be entirely an invention of this fan base and not something that is a truly viable option.

2 minutes ago, J.R. said:

Why? McCann has all the talent in the world but he needs to get bigger, learn to be a pro and learn to play against men. Short of a KILLER summer, he's better off in Utica next season IMO. He'll be a leader on that team and play all situations. Far better for him IMO.

There's no better place than the NHL if the guy can handle the speed.  he'll be a little less exposed as a winger.  plus, it gives some versatility.  He's got a long summer to gain strength.

Just now, wshdrvvn said:

There's no better place than the NHL if the guy can handle the speed.  he'll be a little less exposed as a winger.  plus, it gives some versatility.  He's got a long summer to gain strength.

I agree that his summer will likely determine his fate next year. But unlike this year, we don't HAVE to keep him up to develop him. If Utica was an option this year, that's where he'd be right now IMO. We also have a LOT of forwards we'll need room for next season. I don't see him making it on a crowded roster when he can be sent to Uitca as depth and to dominate.

I'd prefer to continue to develop him as a C frankly and just do it at a lower level (as he's clearly not ready yet to do it in the NHL now). Though I'd agree he might still spend at least part of his next run on the Canucks on wing,  in 2 seasons, before moving back.

9 minutes ago, J.R. said:

I agree that his summer will likely determine his fate next year. But unlike this year, we don't HAVE to keep him up to develop him. If Utica was an option this year, that's where he'd be right now IMO. We also have a LOT of forwards we'll need room for next season. I don't see him making it on a crowded roster when he can be sent to Uitca as depth and to dominate.

I'd prefer to continue to develop him as a C frankly and just do it at a lower level (as he's clearly not ready yet to do it in the NHL now). Though I'd agree he might still spend at least part of his next run on the Canucks on wing,  in 2 seasons, before moving back.

You make good points, him remaining in Van as a winger is just my preference.  I think what you or I have presented are the better options than a sink or swim type of season as a center in the NHL.

2 hours ago, Yotes said:

Jake played LW for the Hitmen his first 2 seasons in Calgary. It wasn't until after he was drafted and came back from injury that they swapped him to the right side