The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brock Boeser | #6 | RW

thejazz97

15 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Whe they show his father on the jumbotron the whole audience should yell "Duuuuuuuke" (like Louuuuu)

be nice if our announcer sent our well wishes

I really questioned the taste of the media as they not only recorded Boeser at a very emotional moment but then replayed it on the news. The kid has been through a wringer and it seemed to catch up with him yesterday afternoon. There was no need to record it let alone broadcast it. I guess having tears flowing down cheeks sells. 

Pretty tasteless IMHO. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

17 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

I really questioned the taste of the media as they not only recorded Boeser at a very emotional moment but then replayed it on the news. The kid has been through a wringer and it seemed to catch up with him yesterday afternoon. There was no need to record it let alone broadcast it. I guess having tears flowing down cheeks sells. 

Pretty tasteless IMHO. 

I can see your side of it, but also having gone though my dad being in ICU for 6 months a couple of years ago, I really can sympathize with Brock and his family , and can see how Brocks story could help a lot of people experiencing something similar right now. 

1 hour ago, Boudrias said:

Pretty tasteless IMHO. 

I wish the media would have just kept the questions to hockey....Brock just left his family and it’s still very raw.

Like his Mom mentioned....he is sensitive........too bad some of our media weren’t a bit more themselves.

Glad Brock has some close bonds with some of his teammates for support.

Edited by redhdlois
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Boudrias said:

Pretty tasteless IMHO. 

Actually I thought they handled it quite well. They asked about it, didn't dwell on it, and moved on. I hope they leave him alone now that the questions have been asked and answered.

Really feel for BB going through that, and then having to leave with his dad doing so poorly. Just a reminder for us fans what our heros sacrifice to play the game.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Fan since 82 said:

Actually I thought they handled it quite well. They asked about it, didn't dwell on it, and moved on. I hope they leave him alone now that the questions have been asked and answered.

Really feel for BB going through that, and then having to leave with his dad doing so poorly. Just a reminder for us fans what our heros sacrifice to play the game.

Green and Benning Aquillini have probably told Brock that if he needs time off he can have it at anytime

Petty and Boeser are bffs, Hughes seems to be geling well with them too and seem to have a 3 bromance going on.  Horvat is watching from the shadows but has all of their backs

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, PunjabiCanucks said:

Green and Benning Aquillini have probably told Brock that if he needs time off he can have it at anytime

Petty and Boeser are bffs, Hughes seems to be geling well with them too and seem to have a 3 bromance going on.  Horvat is watching from the shadows but has all of their backs

Those three young guys call Bo (respectfully) "Cap".  It was on one of those Canuck's videos last summer.  

9 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Those three young guys call Bo (respectfully) "Cap".  It was on one of those Canuck's videos last summer.  

From Dice and Ice, they all acknowledge him as a leader for sure and respect him too....

Petty and Boeser are just good mates. Petty went out with Boeser after a game night just to see him and hang out

(Petty probably comes home for dinner with Boeser when theyre in Minny)

Edited by PunjabiCanucks
  • Thanks 1

Now that Boeser's locked up, it's time to get back to work.

My one hope for this season is to see Brock become a more complete player.

We all know he's going to get his points but he really needs to learn to play all three zones.

His next contract starts with a qulifying offer of 7.5. 

At this number, I want to see a more rounded, top-six player that the coach can depend on anywhere on the ice.

I don't expect an overnight change but want to see definite strides in that direction.

If we end up with a Brock Boeser that is a lock to get 60-70 points a season and plays effectively over the full 200 feet of the ice, he's worth every penny of 8-9 million a season and I'd be happy to drive him to the bank myself.