The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brock Boeser | #6 | RW

thejazz97

19 minutes ago, NHL97OneTimer said:

No!  Definitely not.  I've been looking for a bit more out of Brock lately for sure but when he's shooting and skating hard, anyone would want him on their team.  You have to think about team culture.  JB wants a team to grow together and play for each other.  As long as BB is playing to his level, no way a good GM trades him.

Anyone is tradable for the right price. Even Petey. Say hypothetically EDM offers u Mcdavid what would u say. 

• Wat 1

Really nice to see Brock score tonight. I was yelling at the tv wondering why he won't shoot the puck because he's had great looks from the left circle, and he finally decided to rip one home. 2 years ago, Boeser was the focal point on the PP on the left side, and I really hope they keep him there and have JT down low.

• Vintage 1

6 hours ago, DontMessMe said:

Anyone is tradable for the right price. Even Petey. Say hypothetically EDM offers u Mcdavid what would u say. 

Gretzky was proof that anyone is tradable but as to your hypothetical trade.....That is an easy answer.......NO. Would much rather have a young and extremely talented and motivated team player than an overpaid prima donna that seems to lack chemistry with anyone other than his wingman.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, filthycanuck said:

Really nice to see Brock score tonight. I was yelling at the tv wondering why he won't shoot the puck because he's had great looks from the left circle, and he finally decided to rip one home. 2 years ago, Boeser was the focal point on the PP on the left side, and I really hope they keep him there and have JT down low.

the ability to have different looks and options on the pp setup over a best of 7 is key. 

Miller is very good at the left side "flank" as juice calls it.

Boeser is dangerous when shooting like he can.

We've even see Petey ove on the left side on occasion to get things going.

Great PP's are fluid and adjust as teams figure them out- we are seeing that now from this group.

10 hours ago, playboi19 said:

Did you see his shot tonight?

Yup... his one timer is still mostly there, but it usually seems to take him multiple attempts to get a good one off. He did look much better this game though for sure.

He had a top 5 wrister/snapper in the league imo. Remember that goal against LA when he went down the wing and just ripped it top corner in full stride from pretty far out. Even Virtanen who has a hell of a shot said he could never do that. He just can’t shoot like that anymore. Still a very good player, I just hope he’s not expecting to be paid like he’s still an elite goal scorer. He can’t carry the play with his lack of foot speed. I think that’s why he disappears some games cause he has to skate so hard to keep up with everyone, especially the first line.

• Wat 1

23 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

I love Boeser, but...I'm assuming you're joking or something.

The player they were reffering to in the trade for Mc.D. was Petey, not Boeser and I would not do that trade either for a number of reasons; 1) You would have to gut the team in order to fit McD's cap hit in and 2) You would most likely severely impact the chemistry between the players in the group that the current roster has.

Edited by Kootenay Gold
  • Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, Kootenay Gold said:

The player they were refering to in the trade for McD was Petey, not Boeser and I would not do that trade either.

Ah, well then there's maybe more consideration there. No question that McDavid is a better player, but he is also two years older and currently far more expensive.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, -AJ- said:

Ah, well then there's maybe more consideration there. No question that McDavid is a better player, but he is also two years older and currently far more expensive.

I agree, but i believe petey will be the more rounded of the 2.Definately wont have MCdavids skills at full speed but will be way better defensively ,still posseses a hard accurate shot from the dot ,Better playmaker of the 2 and doesn't whine when things get gritty .St louis proved that last point.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, -AJ- said:

What I noticed from the Oilers is that they depend TOO much on McDavid generating the offence. "Give it to 97 and he'll draw the defence back" is good once in awhile but its not sustainable in the playoffs. The difference is, its McDavid and the Oilers in comparison to the whole Vancouver Canucks playing as a unit. A lot of our offence in game 4 and 5 was driven by winning puck battles and turnovers by the 3rd and 4th liners. Beagle, Motte, Sutter, hell even Gaudette, won puck battles deep and in turn created O zone time. The one man show stuff works in the regular season, but you need the foot soldiers contributing on their roles to win in the playoffs.

Man I am missing when Boeser could rip the puck more often and was more of a consistent scoring threat. Was hoping that STL PP goal would build up confidence but he hasn't done much this series.

He hasn't been the same since that injury and lost that 35-40 goal scoring touch he was on pace for his rookie year.

2 minutes ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

We need Brock to contribute if we are to beat a team as good as the Knights.

For sure, and it's not just all stats before that gets brought up. If he's going to be a top line player for us, he seriously has to start consistently pushing and controlling play in the offensive zone and not just feeding off points from his teammates. How long do we wait for rookie Boeser to be back? His shot accuracy is also terrible now and stats won't do it justice because he misses the net half the time.

I seriously thought after the second training camp he was back, but it's just getting frustrating now.

5 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Man I am missing when Boeser could rip the puck more often and was more of a consistent scoring threat. Was hoping that STL PP goal would build up confidence but he hasn't done much this series.

He hasn't been the same since that injury and lost that 35-40 goal scoring touch he was on pace for his rookie year.

He hasn't been shooting the puck, it's like he has no confidence in his shot anymore.

2 minutes ago, MrCanuck94 said:

For sure, and it's not just all stats before that gets brought up. If he's going to be a top line player for us, he seriously has to start consistently pushing and controlling play in the offensive zone and not just feeding off points from his teammates. How long do we wait for rookie Boeser to be back? His shot accuracy is also terrible now and stats won't do it justice because he misses the net half the time.

I seriously thought after the second training camp he was back, but it's just getting frustrating now.

Just now, J-23 said:

He hasn't been shooting the puck, it's like he has no confidence in his shot anymore.

Before his next contract if we don't see progress we will have to make a decision on him. 7.5M is not worth what he is now. He's been inconsistent and reliant on Petey/Miller and the PP to get points.

I hope he gets better next year but beginning to lose faith in him.

• Huggy Bear 1

3 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Before his next contract if we don't see progress we will have to make a decision on him. 7.5M is not worth what he is now. He's been inconsistent and reliant on Petey/Miller and the PP to get points.

I hope he gets better next year but beginning to lose faith in him.

Ya I feel you, one of my favorites, but he's not playing close to the rookie we saw a couple years ago.

Imo, if he improves his speed he will turn into a whole new player, similar to Bo.

A lot of guys like Pod, Hogs, Lind, etc. coming up the next couple of years, and he's already getting demoted to the third line and second PP unit.