The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brock Boeser | #6 | RW

thejazz97

On 7/20/2023 at 9:21 PM, EastCoastNucks said:

Ok, you need more then Ovi as an example? Jarome Iginla. He was nothing until we hit him a few times. Then the fire. 

Boeser had the fire snuffed via injuries and other personal things.

Nothing that a few hits are not going to wake the fire up in him.... He will get going this year. Promise and quote me next year Bob

Did I just see an Ovi-Boeser comparison followed up by an Iggy-Boeser?     

Dude.  That is one of the wildest things I’ve seen on this board.  

You just compared our often injured, boring ass white bread, zero heart, zero hitting, no emotion, 20 goal guy to….

The best goal scorer of all time. 
A 240 pound monster who hits like a truck and plays with more passion than damn near anybody.  
and

Jerome f’n Iginla.  
Arguably one of the greatest captains of all time.  
50 goal, punch your face off, straight up heart and soul of your team. 
Nether of these guys ‘needed to get mad’. 
They always play/ed at the top.  

Boeser, who seems like a great guy, doesn’t play with passion.  
He has spent the last 3 years saying he has been distracted away from hockey (fair enough) and hasn’t come close to performing how he should.  
Boeser is a walking bag of excuses why he isn’t lighting it up.  

i agree on that his familys health has taken its toll on him. he was a top line player during the 2020 season and should not have stopped evolving. theres still hope but then u gotta see that kind of sharp skating and shooting he had as during that 2020-21 season from the get-go on pre-season camp. we need BB, hogs and Podz to take another step and elevate the lines they play on if we want to be able to contend and those players are in the potential category of actually reaching top line material on any team in the NHL. But they do need to take that next step and evolve and have that kind of fight/spirit as well as producing consistently.....then that star-quality confidence will take them to that level. team needs it....they need...we, the fans, need it...

• Cheers 1

I think I read somewhere that Boeser has the longest running tenure with the team of all current players. That’s weird. In all honesty, I’m still hoping we find a way to trade the guy. Sure, this could be his big breakout season, but I’ve hoped that the past several years. I get he’s had life crises and injuries, but, as perhaps as rude as this sounds, it always seems to be positioning Brock as the victim. Victim of life’s various circumstances. I would have liked to see more compete. More talk from him about not content with the level of compete on this team. More talk about a desire to win the cup. Is he the guy that will do whatever it takes in the post season? I know Petey will. I know Miller will. Even Kuzmenko, yes. Boeser? I’m not sold at all. He needs to be a on a top 6 to be effective. I’m just not so sure it should be our top 6.

Edited by Slegr

57 minutes ago, Slegr said:

I think I read somewhere that Boeser has the longest running tenure with the team of all current players. That’s weird. In all honesty, I’m still hoping we find a way to trade the guy. Sure, this could be his big breakout season, but I’ve hoped that the past several years. I get he’s had life crises and injuries, but, as perhaps as rude as this sounds, it always seems to be positioning Brock as the victim. Victim of life’s various circumstances. I would have liked to see more compete. More talk from him about not content with the level of compete on this team. More talk about a desire to win the cup. Is he the guy that will do whatever it takes in the post season? I know Petey will. I know Miller will. Even Kuzmenko, yes. Boeser? I’m not sold at all. He needs to be a on a top 6 to be effective. I’m just not so sure it should be our top 6.

Yep, it was Horvat until he was traded, so Boeser is the next longest, starting from 2017-18. Crazy to think that he just finished his sixth NHL season.

On 7/21/2023 at 8:11 AM, -AJ- said:

Why do you think Garland struggles so much on the powerplay? I think he's been this way for a while. Is it worth taking him off the powerplay? A lot of people talk about how great he is in 5v5 situations but never address the issue of his terrible PP play.

Garland does not play the PP therefore he cannot be taken off it. In actual fact in the small sample size of PP time he did get last year he produced at a rate of 5.7 points per 60 which is a much higher rate than Brock has produced since 2017/18. Now I'm not saying Garland is a PP wiz there is a reason he doesn't get PP time. But I don't think we can effectively call him terrible at it. Its probably more correct to say his strengths lie elsewhere. Where it may be more effective to have a guy like Joshua stand in the crease tipping pucks for Pete, Miller, Kuzz, Brock. 

18 minutes ago, hammertime said:

Garland does not play the PP therefore he cannot be taken off it. In actual fact in the small sample size of PP time he did get last year he produced at a rate of 5.7 points per 60 which is a much higher rate than Brock has produced since 2017/18. Now I'm not saying Garland is a PP wiz there is a reason he doesn't get PP time. But I don't think we can effectively call him terrible at it. Its probably more correct to say his strengths lie elsewhere. Where it may be more effective to have a guy like Joshua stand in the crease tipping pucks for Pete, Miller, Kuzz, Brock. 

Garland has been a regular on PP2 ever since joining the team.

This year, he played 1:33 per game of PP time, which ranks him 7th on the team. Last year, he played 1:36 per game, also 7th. Given the average of four forwards per PP, he's obviously a mainstay on the 2nd PP unit. Saying he does not play the PP is straight up false. Refer to the Garland thread where we took the conversation in further detail and I posted the stats.

24 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

Garland has been a regular on PP2 ever since joining the team.

This year, he played 1:33 per game of PP time, which ranks him 7th on the team. Last year, he played 1:36 per game, also 7th. Given the average of four forwards per PP, he's obviously a mainstay on the 2nd PP unit. Saying he does not play the PP is straight up false. Refer to the Garland thread where we took the conversation in further detail and I posted the stats.

calling a guy who is 7th in PP mins averaging 1.5 mins a mainstay seems an exaggeration. It's a moot argument regardless. 

4 minutes ago, hammertime said:

calling a guy who is 7th in PP mins averaging 1.5 mins a mainstay seems an exaggeration. It's a moot argument regardless. 

A mainstay on the 2nd PP unit at least. I think saying he's not on the powerplay at all is an exaggeration. Nonetheless, something we probably agree on is that he improved this year and that's promising for his future powerplay time.

• 1 month later...