The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brock Boeser | #6 | RW

thejazz97

On 6/9/2023 at 12:53 PM, mll said:

Da Beauty League is a charity event - not a substitute to training.  Can't imagine any player would think it is.  It's a fun way to raise funds for local charities and promote hockey in Minnesota.  It was created by his own agent and hockey players in Minnesota nearly all participate. 

Does golf help?

i don’t wanna drag on him to much.

but he’s needs to have a serious summer. He’s paid serious money to be an elite athlete. 

i don’t know how many more days off and playing golf he needs but we a week into July here and I hope he’s grinding hard and has a fool proof summer plan for his physical training (strength and conditioning and skating ) 

I want to see Him broadcasting that’s he’s training hard, in the gym, skating, putting his all into this summer to earn his salary. 

not that he’s playing golf or at the water or lounging 

maybe he’s actually grinding hard and not sharing anything related but damn he can’t come into camp in anything but

tip top shape 

• Cheers 2

On 7/7/2023 at 7:24 PM, R3aL said:

Does golf help?

i don’t wanna drag on him to much.

but he’s needs to have a serious summer. He’s paid serious money to be an elite athlete. 

i don’t know how many more days off and playing golf he needs but we a week into July here and I hope he’s grinding hard and has a fool proof summer plan for his physical training (strength and conditioning and skating ) 

I want to see Him broadcasting that’s he’s training hard, in the gym, skating, putting his all into this summer to earn his salary. 

not that he’s playing golf or at the water or lounging 

maybe he’s actually grinding hard and not sharing anything related but damn he can’t come into camp in anything but

tip top shape 

Agreed. Would be great to see him post about explosiveness training 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

This is great news. So glad the read that Brock accepts his fitness isn’t where it needs to be to be the best player he can be. Hopefully the new trainer has Brock lean down 15 pounds too. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Great news. Was talking to my friend yesterday that while it looks cool to see Brock looking jacked, what he really needs is to be 190-195lbs and more speedy.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

On 7/15/2023 at 11:00 AM, -AJ- said:

Great news. Was talking to my friend yesterday that while it looks cool to see Brock looking jacked, what he really needs is to be 190-195lbs and more speedy.

Man you just have to look at the guys face he was never in shape. His future career depends on him loosing 15+lbs. He looks like he has baby fat and depending on playingin the Beaut league he has to get down to serious work out. I recall the Sedins thought playing soccer in the summer was adequate and later realized their error. Whne they put in the time  is when they started to get rewards. If BB is looking to extend his career this should be the year to do it

I think the Boeser/Fitness thing is likely overstated given what he’s been going through in his personal life.  

He’s also been a coaches favourite largely under Green who was a fitness nut like Tocchet is.  

The bigger story is that he seems refocused and committed to this season and with that he could be the biggest addition of the offseason.

I think his mental state likely played a factor over the last couple of years, and it seems his shot has never been the same since his wrist injury. The time off to absorb his fathers death along with directed training to work on his biggest deficiency (speed) should do him good.

I feel his decision to withdraw his trade request says a lot. Says he was uncomfortable with his life, but things began to come into focus for him and he has direction now.

There are several positive indicators that he should be poised for a strong season. A rookie-style Brock is a Brock that can really make a difference for this team.

15 minutes ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

The Flow gets too buddy buddy with the opposing team's players after the whistle, that needs to change.

Where's Willie D when you need him?  Someone's gotta get BB6 to start looking at video - and kick it off with all the clips of Dave "Killer" Carlson from Slap Shot on repeat.  :bigblush:

Hopefully that sort of thing will done away with as this new group and coaches, scouts, and managers build the culture.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, KirkSave said:

Hopefully that sort of thing will done away with as this new group and coaches, scouts, and managers build the culture.

Yup. Any stuff between whistles should be fights or threats of fights. Boeser needs some scares on his face. We want him lean and mean. No more Mr. Nice guy da beauty league. Fight club! 

37 minutes ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

The Flow gets too buddy buddy with the opposing team's players after the whistle, that needs to change.

Where's Willie D when you need him?  Someone's gotta get BB6 to start looking at video - and kick it off with all the clips of Dave "Killer" Carlson from Slap Shot on repeat.  :bigblush:

Boeser's move after the whistle is to shrug his shoulders. He does it every time, I'm not sure why. Sore shoulder? Equipment problem? Because it looks cool?

I'd like to see Brock play with more grit. He's not a small player and needs to find a bit of nasty, get his hands dirty. See the opponent as the enemy, willing to do what it takes to win. Brock has a big heart though, seems like a sensitive guy, so we'll see.

Love hearing Boeser is training with a trainer Tocchet recommended, to amp up his conditioning. Looks like Brock is taking it seriously and I'm hopeful he comes to camp as a faster, more competitive player.  

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

I don't think Brock's got any fire in his belly. He's a great guy with a ton of talent but he's just soaking it up loving life care free. You could literally behead Pete infront of him and his response would be "hey bro that wasn't cool you need to chill more I'm having a BBQ later you should come." 

Is he going to score in the playoffs?? Does he have the battle and drive to push through adversity? 

I see a guy who's just having fun playing shinny at the pond with a couple beers in a snow bank. Can't be mad at the guy he's just not wired to be a pro athlete. That he's gotten this far on his gifts is remarkable and good for him. 

• Cheers 1

On 7/17/2023 at 8:25 PM, Ted Lasso said:

That’s great news that he has a new trainer. Can’t do the same thing and expect different results

Not only that, but the fact he has acknowledged himself, that he needs to improve part of his game is a positive. 
Whether he can improve or not remains to be seen though...

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, hammertime said:

I don't think Brock's got any fire in his belly. He's a great guy with a ton of talent but he's just soaking it up loving life care free. You could literally behead Pete infront of him and his response would be "hey bro that wasn't cool you need to chill more I'm having a BBQ later you should come." 

Is he going to score in the playoffs?? Does he have the battle and drive to push through adversity? 

I see a guy who's just having fun playing shinny at the pond with a couple beers in a snow bank. Can't be mad at the guy he's just not wired to be a pro athlete. That he's gotten this far on his gifts is remarkable and good for him. 

I fear, you're right hammer... 

Its a real shame, cause Boeser shot is out of this world, when he is on form. 

Hope to be proven weong, and that he he can show some fire...

• Cheers 1

Just now, spook007 said:

I fear, you're right hammer... 

Its a real shame, cause Boeser shot is out of this world, when he is on form. 

Hope to be proven weong, and that he he can show some fire...

Me too. I really do want him to succeed so bad he's such a likeable guy. You can't help but cheer for him.

• Cheers 1

Brock has 311 points in 398 games.

That is .781 points per game.

Problem is he misses a lot of games due to injury.  If he gets in shape that should translate into more durability.

82 games at .781 is 64 points. If being in shape improves his performance he could easily become a 75 point player. Guy is only 26.

I think he is going to become a much better player as he gets closer to his peak years.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, spook007 said:

Not only that, but the fact he has acknowledged himself, that he needs to improve part of his game is a positive. 
Whether he can improve or not remains to be seen though...

Good point, acknowledging it is promising. 

Will be interesting to see if he comes in a bit lighter, and how the training translates to his play.

Edited by Ted Lasso
  • Cheers 1

5 hours ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

One of my pet peeves of BB was always skating away when Petey or someone  got nailed, then look away and  skate as if he didn't see it and acting like every NHL game is the 2018 All Star game and chummy and laughing with opponents like you stated  (like I am your buddy so don't hit me), he needs to play with more desire, he said he hated and resented hockey (and it showed in his play)

I don't wanna see him pull a Jake and just talk the talk (remembering how he wanted to make people hate to play against him), especially after Identifying it yourself.

I have a feeling he may come back an improved player (let's hope it is Very noticeable) 

• Cheers 2