The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Adam Gaudette | #96 | C

NHL'er

19 hours ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Very much agree. I’d like to see them actually streaming some of our prospects games on their Facebook and also providing game links and tracking stats and results for all the prospects action. Could really help build excitement for our incoming players as part of promoting the rebuild and future.

The game itself (4:30 EST Saturday) looks to be available via TSN Go and probably will also be streaming in the bonus section on the main TSN programming website.

My guess is that it would probably cost a them some money to do that and bunch of broad casting fees and advertising rights and whole bunch of  $#&* that they don’t want to deal with.

7 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

Oh I think they have a great chance at winning it all, don't get me wrong I want to see him succeed to finish the year off. It would just be nice to see him get some NHL games also.

Boeser won the NCAA the year prior to him going pro, they lost last spring if my memory is correct, hence why he got some NHL games. That is the only way Gaudette gets NHL games this spring is if they lose. We all saw what Boeser did to end last year, gave the fans a glimpse and he didn't disappoint this season. Gaudette is not on the same tier as Boeser, I don't expect Gaudette to be a top 6 guy at the NHL, solid 3rd liner would make me happy. 

But hey!! Canucks deserve some luck and hope this later round pick finally goes our way and we get a solid top 6 guy, just not wanting to have crazy expectations for him making the jump to the NHL.

Remember Boeser was a freshman when he won a national championship and went back for his sophomore season because he thought another year of development in college would be good for him.  Gaudette is a junior so you really don't want him going back for his senior year because as a team they have some unfinished business.  Win the national championship this year and have no reason to go back again next year.  A couple meaningless NHL games this year for a team trying to finish 31st is far less important than making the Frozen Four and trying to win it all.

3 minutes ago, CanuckleHorse said:

My guess is that it would probably cost a them some money to do that and bunch of broad casting fees and advertising rights and whole bunch of  $#&* that they don’t want to deal with.

I suppose. But I can’t imagine it would be cost too much if they just did a single “prospects game of the week” and geoblocked it to BC. I doubt most of those leagues are drawing a tonne of revenue from individual game fees out of BC, so I’m sure they could negotiate something that wasn’t too expensive for the Canucks.

• Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

I suppose. But I can’t imagine it would be cost too much if they just did a single “prospects game of the week” and geoblocked it to BC. I doubt most of those leagues are drawing a tonne of revenue from individual game fees out of BC, so I’m sure they could negotiate something that wasn’t too expensive for the Canucks.

What would be really cool is if they hired fanatics like yourself run a mailbox that gives us that kinda info and updates because you dudes who give us the updates is what keeps me coming back here.

16 minutes ago, UticaHockey said:

Remember Boeser was a freshman when he won a national championship and went back for his sophomore season because he thought another year of development in college would be good for him.  Gaudette is a junior so you really don't want him going back for his senior year because as a team they have some unfinished business.  Win the national championship this year and have no reason to go back again next year.  A couple meaningless NHL games this year for a team trying to finish 31st is far less important than making the Frozen Four and trying to win it all.

That being said, it seemed the Beanpot was really his ultimate goal.  Last year at this time he did consider going pro but then decided on one more season to fine-tune, similar to Boeser.  This also further ensures he makes the team next season.  He will be done and get signed, but I do hope simply for expansion sake that if he's out early he doesn't join the big club and burn a year.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, CanuckleHorse said:

What would be really cool is if they hired fanatics like yourself run a mailbox that gives us that kinda info and updates because you dudes who give us the updates is what keeps me coming back here.

I suppose they do that already by having us all posting stuff on their official message board. 

Why would they put time and money into something that CDCers already do for free? :lol:

• Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

That being said, it seemed the Beanpot was really his ultimate goal.  Last year at this time he did consider going pro but then decided on one more season to fine-tune, similar to Boeser.  This also further ensures he makes the team next season.  He will be done and get signed, but I do hope simply for expansion sake that if he's out early he doesn't join the big club and burn a year.

Totally agree. Im grateful though that most of the players we want to protect wont be old enough/played enough by then. Going forward the only 2 forwards i see us wanting to protect are Bo, Virtanen and Brock and maybe Baer or Granlund. My guess is we unload Eriksson along with a pick(3rd) this coming expansion draft.

One team thats going to run into serious trouble next expansion draft is Winnepeg

• Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, RetroCanuck said:

Totally agree. Im grateful though that most of the players we want to protect wont be old enough/played enough by then. Going forward the only 2 forwards i see us wanting to protect are Bo, Virtanen and Brock and maybe Baer or Granlund. My guess is we unload Eriksson along with a pick(3rd) this coming expansion draft.

One team thats going to run into serious trouble next expansion draft is Winnepeg

Really depends on the timing.  If expansion is in 2020 then we're in good shape, as I'm expecting Pettersson, Dahlen, Gaudette, and Juolevi to all come in this coming year.  If they expand later or again after is when we get into more trouble.  Hopefully they stick with 32 teams for a while.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

Really depends on the timing.  If expansion is in 2020 then we're in good shape, as I'm expecting Pettersson, Dahlen, Gaudette, and Juolevi to all come in this coming year.  If they expand later or again after is when we get into more trouble.  Hopefully they stick with 32 teams for a while.

Oh they won't go any higher then 32. maybe some movement such as Arizona or NYI but I highly doubt they will ever change from 32.

1 minute ago, RetroCanuck said:

Oh they won't go any higher then 32. maybe some movement such as Arizona or NYI but I highly doubt they will ever change from 32.

Yeah there’s too many teams as it is.

My gf didn’t believe me when I said there was a team called the Columbus Bluejackets...

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Canuckster86 said:

secretly hoping Gaudette's team loses one of the games this weekend so Canucks can sign him and we get to see some fresh blood on the team to finish the year. He won the Bean Pot and has a good chance at the Hobey Baker, time to jump up to the big leagues in my opinion!

Im hoping the opposite...would like his team to go right to the end and perhaps not have gaudette come here just to play a few games and burn a full year off his entry level contract.

5 minutes ago, captainhorvat said:

Im hoping the opposite...would like his team to go right to the end and perhaps not have gaudette come here just to play a few games and burn a full year off his entry level contract.

If they win this weekend.  He likely won't be here by seasons end.

24 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

4:30 EST (EDIT: EDT actually) so 1:30 in Vancouver.

Northeastern website says TSN Go will also be streaming.

If the stream quality is better then Uticas I will probably join you. I still don't get how the whl has better quality camera's then Utica.  Maybe it's building lighting? I don't know.