The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Adam Gaudette | #96 | C

NHL'er

On March 17, 2018 at 12:35 PM, TGT68 said:

And we will have divisional realignment issues once Seattle makes the Pacific 9 teams.  Does Phoenix finally move?  Does Carolina or Florida move to Quebec?  There will be more than just a 32nd team.  Will be entertaining to watch.  

After Seattle gets their franchise I can imagine Arizona relocating to Houston, followed closely behind by Carolina relocating to Quebec.

3 hours ago, Hutton Wink said:

It didn't work twice in Atlanta, so what's the basis of trying KC again?

Well, NHL has worked in some cities where its failed in past. California Golden Seals were essentially where the San Jose Sharks play now.

That said, I really don't see the NHL going into Kansas anytime soon, I think there are a lot of places like Houston, Quebec, Seattle and possibly even Portland, well ahead of Kansas.

1 hour ago, VegasCanuck said:

Well, NHL has worked in some cities where its failed in past. California Golden Seals were essentially where the San Jose Sharks play now.

That said, I really don't see the NHL going into Kansas anytime soon, I think there are a lot of places like Houston, Quebec, Seattle and possibly even Portland, well ahead of Kansas.

Hartford, hamilton and I must say kelowna growing the way it has been might be a potential destination in the near future 

• Cheers 1

7 hours ago, LegionOfDoom said:

Hartford, hamilton and I must say kelowna growing the way it has been might be a potential destination in the near future 

I can't see Kelowna ever having a team. The older community here would lose their minds over the tax increase that building would bring, also the rockets have a hard time selling at out 24$ a game and 5500 seats.. but I hope you're right! Nhl in my backyard would be sweet. 

• Upvote 1

On 2018-03-20 at 11:37 PM, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Very nice!  When is his deciding game again? Is it a single game or series? Thought it was a game. Hmmm..

Edit: oh there it is Saturday at 130pm PST / 430pm eastern.  I watched boesers frozen 4 the year before he came over. Maybe I'll catch this game Saturday if we can find a link.

Edited by Rush17

1 hour ago, Rush17 said:

Very nice!  When is his deciding game again? Is it a single game or series? Thought it was a game. Hmmm..

Edit: oh there it is Saturday at 130pm PST / 430pm eastern.  I watched boesers frozen 4 the year before he came over. Maybe I'll catch this game Saturday if we can find a link.

The NCAA hockey tournament starts this weekend and consists of 16 teams.  It's a single elimination tournament so if a team loses a game their season ends at that point. Northeastern plays this Saturday against Michigan and if the win they play again the next day on Sunday against the winner of the Cornell - Boston University game.  If Northeastern wins both games this weekend then they advance to the Frozen Four in two weeks.  There is a two week gap so that the Frozen Four is not the same weekend as the much bigger NCAA Basketball Final Four weekend. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

On ‎19‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 9:30 PM, cory40 said:

Kelowna is never getting a NHL team. Calgary and Edmonton have been small market teams at 3 x the population.

What's this got to do with the price of bread?:P

This is where the Canucks could do better at promoting their prospects. They should at the very least supply us with the link. If they were on top of things they would supply a link for the game on their site.

56 minutes ago, appleboy said:

This is where the Canucks could do better at promoting their prospects. They should at the very least supply us with the link. If they were on top of things they would supply a link for the game on their site.

Very much agree. I’d like to see them actually streaming some of our prospects games on their Facebook and also providing game links and tracking stats and results for all the prospects action. Could really help build excitement for our incoming players as part of promoting the rebuild and future.

The game itself (4:30 EST Saturday) looks to be available via TSN Go and probably will also be streaming in the bonus section on the main TSN programming website.

Edited by SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME
  • Thanks 1

secretly hoping Gaudette's team loses one of the games this weekend so Canucks can sign him and we get to see some fresh blood on the team to finish the year. He won the Bean Pot and has a good chance at the Hobey Baker, time to jump up to the big leagues in my opinion!

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Canuckster86 said:

secretly hoping Gaudette's team loses one of the games this weekend so Canucks can sign him and we get to see some fresh blood on the team to finish the year. He won the Bean Pot and has a good chance at the Hobey Baker, time to jump up to the big leagues in my opinion!

Why would you not be pulling for him to experience the same thing that Brock Boeser will remember the rest of his life?  The NCAA Hockey National Championship.

• Upvote 2

47 minutes ago, UticaHockey said:

Why would you not be pulling for him to experience the same thing that Brock Boeser will remember the rest of his life?  The NCAA Hockey National Championship.

Oh I think they have a great chance at winning it all, don't get me wrong I want to see him succeed to finish the year off. It would just be nice to see him get some NHL games also.

Boeser won the NCAA the year prior to him going pro, they lost last spring if my memory is correct, hence why he got some NHL games. That is the only way Gaudette gets NHL games this spring is if they lose. We all saw what Boeser did to end last year, gave the fans a glimpse and he didn't disappoint this season. Gaudette is not on the same tier as Boeser, I don't expect Gaudette to be a top 6 guy at the NHL, solid 3rd liner would make me happy. 

But hey!! Canucks deserve some luck and hope this later round pick finally goes our way and we get a solid top 6 guy, just not wanting to have crazy expectations for him making the jump to the NHL.

• Upvote 1