The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Adam Gaudette | #96 | C

NHL'er

16 hours ago, Borvat said:

I plug him on Bo's right wing and keep him there.  It's too bad Sutter appears hurt and Ferland is out.  

JT - EP - Boeser

Ferland - Bo - Gaudette

Pearson - Sutter - Virtanen

Schaller - Beagle - Leivo

Motte

Roussel is a huge bonus when he is back.  Man if this team was healthy they sure could do some damage.  The only upgrade/bonus would be a legit (60-70 point) top six winger for Bo.

Gaudette should stay on wing. Looks way better there than on center.

Could complicate things moving forward but we could always draft/sign a 3rd C once Sutter's gone.

4 hours ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Gaudette should stay on wing. Looks way better there than on center.

Could complicate things moving forward but we could always draft/sign a 3rd C once Sutter's gone.

I don't know. I liked the Pearson - Gaud - Virt line

I thought it had a lot of energy.

14 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

No way he doesn't stay on the roster with his play now. He'll have a spot on the wing once Sutter and Beagle return. Until then, he has the 3rd line centre spot IMO.

Hell no they put him on waivers. It will be Ericsson or even Motte (when Roussell gets back). Either way, Gaudette has pretty much cemented himself as a regular with the big team. Gaudz really looks good playing centre, he's not super solid defensively yet, but damn that kid has a lot of energy and works his a$$ off, not to mention his offence is just starting to bloom. His workrate tonight was incredible, just dog on a bone mentality just like how Greener likes it. My prediction of him scoring double digit goals isn't sounding so silly anymore

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, filthycanuck said:

Hell no they put him on waivers. It will be Ericsson or even Motte (when Roussell gets back). Either way, Gaudette has pretty much cemented himself as a regular with the big team. Gaudz really looks good playing centre, he's not super solid defensively yet, but damn that kid has a lot of energy and works his a$$ off, not to mention his offence is just starting to bloom. His workrate tonight was incredible, just dog on a bone mentality just like how Greener likes it. My prediction of him scoring double digit goals isn't sounding so silly anymore

He is awful on the draw and isn't great defensively.

He should be playing wing when Sutter and Beagle are back. He plays great there and would look really good next to Horvat who needs a winger. 

Wing allows him freedom offensively, he'll be a lot more productive and less of a liability there. Perfect fit really

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Curmudgeon said:

With four goals and four assists in 11games, Gaudette has earned a roster spot and gives the team a good option for second power play duty. The kid is a winner and should only get better. He makes Loui or Motte expendable.

No, just Loui

The problem is that Gaud is a 2nd line player imo. Hes better offensively and is more useful there. Sutter, Beagle has the other C positions and i think its wether or not Gaud can play the RW and wether or not Jake will have that position.

Miller-petey-Brock

Leivo/Pearson-Bo-Gaud/Jake

Pearson/Ferland-Sutter-Jake/Gaud

Eriksson-Beagle-Schaller

Its tough competition when everyone is healthy. Bo gets a heavy workload as center untill Beagle is back with the double shifts he did saturday against the avs. 

Personally i wouldnt mind seeing Leivo-Bo-Gaud as a 2nd line though.....Leivo has got the wheels and is also a creative player. Bo does everything and Gaud seems to be on the virge of a breakthrough as a sniper type of player. 

31 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

No, just Loui

Thing is, we live in a world where a full roster means some good NHL-calibre players won't be playing on our team, and I don't just mean Loui. With Roussel and Ferland's return, someone good will have to sit and that might include Motte.

4 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

Thing is, we live in a world where a full roster means some good NHL-calibre players won't be playing on our team, and I don't just mean Loui. With Roussel and Ferland's return, someone good will have to sit and that might include Motte.

Sitting yes but not expendable. Keep in mind the Schaller-Beagle-Motte line has been a spark plug for the team when healthy. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, canuck73_3 said:

Sitting yes but not expendable. Keep in mind the Schaller-Beagle-Motte line has been a spark plug for the team when healthy. 

I can agree with that. I wouldn't want him being traded.

• Cheers 1