The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Adam Gaudette | #96 | C

NHL'er

41 minutes ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

That was an impossible angle rocket that nearly dinged in....!

I don't think Gaudette and certainly not Petterson...need anytime in the AHL, both will be Canucks next year.

Juolevi might have to start in Utica but by the trade deadline at latest he will be a Canuck.

Gadjovich and Lind are going to light it up in Utica and be ready to go in 2 years....MacEwen should be good to go on the 4th line next year sometime.

With Jake and Goldy coming on and Dahlen also looking like he might be good to go by the end of next year...

Your 2019 playoff cup contender's:

Pettersson / Horvat / Boeser

Baer / Gaudette / Goldy

Dahlen / Sutter / Virtanen

Gadjovich / Gaunce / MacEwen 

Gagme...if we have too....I guess and Eriksson if we have too ....I guess....

If the Sedins are here for one more year that would mean Dahlen and one other player stays in Utica or gets traded.

We need Gaudette as a center next year  and when Pettersson is ready to be a center again we will be able to roll 3 highly offensive lines and still have a 4th line with Gaunce Gadjovich and MacEwen...not too shabby....

Add Dahlin too that group and the sky is hardly the limit!

I'm not totally disagreeing with you there's just a little too much magical optimism in your prediction. We didn't just conduct a draft where all players are successful. 

There not be a rush on these prospects for that has been the problem with Vancouver development in the past. We can get excited about the future but we have to stay realistic. 

There's a whole defense that has to come together. Vancouver lacks that stud defenseman that runs a PP, a defenseman that makes the forward group you mention above successful.

Goaltending needs to mature. 

There's a more to go but I think you point out how far Vancouver has come and how bright the future could be.

55 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Yeah, he tries that shot with some regularity and has actually scored a few goals from similar angles. And even if he doesn’t score, the goalies often have trouble controlling it and the puck ends up rattling around in the crease for a guy like Stevens to jam in. 

I can see Gaudette and Gadjovich enjoying similar chemistry in our future lineup to what you see in the current NU PP setup (with Stevens net front and Gaudette firing pucks from the left side). Easy to imagine Gadjovich finishing off those same kinds of plays.

Sounds right to me.

28 minutes ago, aqua59 said:

I'm not totally disagreeing with you there's just a little too much magical optimism in your prediction. We didn't just conduct a draft where all players are successful. 

There not be a rush on these prospects for that has been the problem with Vancouver development in the past. We can get excited about the future but we have to stay realistic. 

There's a whole defense that has to come together. Vancouver lacks that stud defenseman that runs a PP, a defenseman that makes the forward group you mention above successful.

Goaltending needs to mature. 

There's a more to go but I think you point out how far Vancouver has come and how bright the future could be.

I might be a year early on all this...but I don't think so...look at NJ...they started the year with 7 player's 21 years old or younger...one or two may be 22 now but they are all in the lineup and doing just fine.

I have seen enough of Gaudette to know he will make it and Gadjovich is built for the NHL...he is 90% a sure bet...Lind maybe 80%...all the other kids I put in the lineup are in the NHL now or are sure bets...Juolevi included....

Finally a line of EP / Bo / BB would be impossible to deal with ...

Goaltending is the only issue...after we draft one of the top 4 D. in this years draft.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

That was an impossible angle rocket that nearly dinged in....!

I don't think Gaudette and certainly not Petterson...need anytime in the AHL, both will be Canucks next year.

Juolevi might have to start in Utica but by the trade deadline at latest he will be a Canuck.

Gadjovich and Lind are going to light it up in Utica and be ready to go in 2 years....MacEwen should be good to go on the 4th line next year sometime.

With Jake and Goldy coming on and Dahlen also looking like he might be good to go by the end of next year...

Your 2019 playoff cup contender's:

Pettersson / Horvat / Boeser

Baer / Gaudette / Goldy

Dahlen / Sutter / Virtanen

Gadjovich / Gaunce / MacEwen 

Gagme...if we have too....I guess and Eriksson if we have too ....I guess....

If the Sedins are here for one more year that would mean Dahlen and one other player stays in Utica or gets traded.

We need Gaudette as a center next year  and when Pettersson is ready to be a center again we will be able to roll 3 highly offensive lines and still have a 4th line with Gaunce Gadjovich and MacEwen...not too shabby....

Add Dahlin too that group and the sky is hardly the limit!

Where is Kole Lind?  I think a line of Gaudette, with Lind and Virtanen on the wings may look good in the future.

Is there a chance Kole and Jonah shock everyone and make the team next year?  Considering the kind of players they are I think if they improve thier foot speed both could suprise and make the team right out of the shoot.

3 minutes ago, dpn1 said:

Is there a chance Kole and Jonah shock everyone and make the team next year?  Considering the kind of players they are I think if they improve thier foot speed both could suprise and make the team right out of the shoot.

I think both need ahl time. We have decent depth, it will be very hard for them to steal a spot. Gadjovich needs some better foot speed and Lind I think needs time to adjust to pro game. Pettersson has a better chance of making imo, regardless of his size. 

• Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, dpn1 said:

No but the name of this thread will.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, cyoung said:

I think both need ahl time. We have decent depth, it will be very hard for them to steal a spot. Gadjovich needs some better foot speed and Lind I think needs time to adjust to pro game. Pettersson has a better chance of making imo, regardless of his size. 

Yeah if I'd have to guess, I'd say Gaudette and Pettersson have the best shots at earning spots out of camp  (or shortly after).

Dahlen, Gadjovich and Lind will all likely need a bit of AHL time to adjust to pro/North America imo. 

Edited by aGENT
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 3

Gaudette will not make the team next year unless there is some significant moves made.

Too many vets in too many positions.

It has nothing to do with skill or hopey feely projections and everything to do with too many bodies in the way

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Gaudette will not make the team next year unless there is some significant moves made.

Too many vets in too many positions.

It has nothing to do with skill or hopey feely projections and everything to do with too many bodies in the way

But what if he plays lights out in pre-season like Boeser or plays near the end of this season and does good?

Most likely we're offloading Vanek, maybe Gagner, and maybe one more contract if we're not close to a playoff position. 

Gaudette is the next most NHL ready prospect we have. 

Edited by Odd.

23 hours ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

I might be a year early on all this...but I don't think so...look at NJ...they started the year with 7 player's 21 years old or younger...one or two may be 22 now but they are all in the lineup and doing just fine.

I have seen enough of Gaudette to know he will make it and Gadjovich is built for the NHL...he is 90% a sure bet...Lind maybe 80%...all the other kids I put in the lineup are in the NHL now or are sure bets...Juolevi included....

Finally a line of EP / Bo / BB would be impossible to deal with ...

Goaltending is the only issue...after we draft one of the top 4 D. in this years draft.

Nah.  Being early isn't the issue.   

Way over optimistic is the issue.  

Its nice that you believe all of our prospects are going to pan out, but I guarantee you they won't. 

That just isn't how it works.   

Your 80-90% is adorable, and great to finally see. It means our prospect cupboard is filling up, but still way over optimistic. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Odd. said:

But what if he plays lights out in pre-season like Boeser or plays near the end of this season and does good?

Most likely we're offloading Vanek, maybe Gagner, and maybe one more contract if we're not close to a playoff position. 

Gaudette is the next most NHL ready prospect we have. 

Based on?  3 years of hockey in the NCAA?

He's good no question but who does he supplant at center with Green the position friendly coach?

Sedin

Sutter

Horvat

Gaunce

Gagner

Granlund

Then Dowd and Chaput as well.

That's a lot of bodies at the center position with more pre-existing experience who are already cemented or shuffled to the wing, which for Gaudette who would be on the RW is already over crowded.  It has nothing to do with his skill and everything to do with far to many people in these positions already.

If he plays lights out that's great.  But without some movement in the roster as it is he's far from a lock to make the team like some seem to be swearing he will.  The same applies to Petterson who has already indicated there's a chance he stays in Europe or at the least does not play in the NHL next year.  We're still a full season after this away from those expiring contracts and moved bodies which would give us the room to start slotting in more rookies.

And IMO that's not a bad thing 

16 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Based on?  3 years of hockey in the NCAA?

He's good no question but who does he supplant at center with Green the position friendly coach?

Sedin

Sutter

Horvat

Gaunce

Gagner

Granlund

Then Dowd and Chaput as well.

That's a lot of bodies at the center position with more pre-existing experience who are already cemented or shuffled to the wing, which for Gaudette who would be on the RW is already over crowded.  It has nothing to do with his skill and everything to do with far to many people in these positions already.

If he plays lights out that's great.  But without some movement in the roster as it is he's far from a lock to make the team like some seem to be swearing he will.  The same applies to Petterson who has already indicated there's a chance he stays in Europe or at the least does not play in the NHL next year.  We're still a full season after this away from those expiring contracts and moved bodies which would give us the room to start slotting in more rookies.

And IMO that's not a bad thing 

Gaunce, Gagner and Granlund have mostly been playing wing. I could see Gaudette playing as a 4th line center and moving up the lineup as he matures his game. Hard to say how Gaudette will fair as a NHL player, as always it's best to be patient and let guys develop slowly but we've seen it happen repeatedly with these guys coming out of the NCAA being NHL ready. Something about the style of play there that seems to prepare guys quite well for NHL play

• Cheers 1

13 minutes ago, rizzuto&hatoum said:

Prospects also regress ie.Cassels.

Er, perhaps not, 10 points in his last 10 games after moving up in the lineup due to injuries.  Carcone 9 in 10 for the same reason.  They are playing on the same line together.  Don't write off guys who may have been dealing with nagging injuries, or who may not be playing in slots in the line-up where they can excel.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ihatetomatoes said:

Gaunce, Gagner and Granlund have mostly been playing wing. I could see Gaudette playing as a 4th line center and moving up the lineup as he matures his game. Hard to say how Gaudette will fair as a NHL player, as always it's best to be patient and let guys develop slowly but we've seen it happen repeatedly with these guys coming out of the NCAA being NHL ready. Something about the style of play there that seems to prepare guys quite well for NHL play

I don't see a situation in which earn your time Green gifts an untested NCAA player the 4th line center position when he didn't even give it to Gaunce is what I am saying.

We've too many centers playing the wings as it is right now.

Is there a chance he makes it next year?  Yes.

Is it likely?

Not so much based on the projected roster as it stands for next year and a lack of available spots

1 hour ago, Warhippy said:

Sedin

Sutter

Horvat

Gaunce

Gagner

Granlund

Sedin retires, probably 2 of Gaunce, Gagner and Granlund play wing and/or maybe one of those guys gets moved. 

I could also see Gaudette take over some of Dorsett's role on the wing (not the fighting obviously). He can play the feisty, shift disturber with skill role there. 

So either Horvat, Sutter, Gagner/Granlund/Gaunce (3C) and then Gaudette as as 4C. Or Gaudette as a bottom 9 RW.

Could fit anywhere in there. 

• Upvote 1