The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Canucks Extend Qualifying Offers

I'm not. He played well under JT, not so much under WD.

But wouldn't he be a good bottom pairing D-man? He's only 25 and he can play in that role. Not asking for him to be a top 4 d-man, but couldn't he be that cheap bottom pairing defenseman?

stanton sucked last season ...dont know if u guys are just re-calling his season under torts but last season all i can remember is him falling all over the ice, cant get the puck out of our zone, no offensive instincts. There is a reason weber took over his spot as 6th D man for the last part of the season and playoffs.

The days in which we were teasing Chicago about giving up on Stanton seem like a distant memory now. I wonder what slowed his development to a crawl. Injuries? Attitude?

From what WD said during the season, it wasn't his attitude in any way. He said Ryan goes out there and he battles and gives his all every night. He said things just haven't gone his way.

Stanton was a good number 7 who could step in and play bottom pair, had chemistry with bieksa too. he would have been cheaper to retain than anyone in FA.

Does this lead Benning to grab Bartkowski. If he does i sure hope its on the cheap and under 1m

I think all things point to the fact Benning is going after Bartkowski for depth on D. I have nothing against him coming here for a reasonable price. It would have been horrible if we had traded Kassian for him at the deadline tho.

From what WD said during the season, it wasn't his attitude in any way. He said Ryan goes out there and he battles and gives his all every night. He said things just haven't gone his way.

I think all things point to the fact Benning is going after Bartkowski for depth on D. I have nothing against him coming here for a reasonable price. It would have been horrible if we had traded Kassian for him at the deadline tho.

Edler - Tanev

Hamhuis - Clendening

Sbisa - Bieksa / UFA Pick-Up

Bartkowski(?) - Corrado

I'm just glad that Weber is gone... same feeling I had when Weaver left - they were just too small and not productive enough offensively.... (I know Weber had 10+ goals as a defenseman, but with all of the chances he was gifted, he should have had significantly more / helped his teammates rack up more points)

whos next on the list of players canucks trade possibly

higgins 2.5 mill

hansen 2.5 mill

then at deadline

4.5 mill hamhuis

5mil vrbata

possible buy burrows out in summer or he has a good yr and then we trade him retaining 2 mill next yr for a 3rd and 4th

lets sign franson and fiddler

Stanton. That's a little shocking to me. He was decent bottom pairing depth. He could easily get a shot somewhere else, not his first time having a team give up on him though.

For the likely price I'm shocked he's going. He was an excellent find and I'm sure he gets a deal from another team.

whos next on the list of players canucks trade possibly

higgins 2.5 mill

hansen 2.5 mill

then at deadline

4.5 mill hamhuis

5mil vrbata

possible buy burrows out in summer or he has a good yr and then we trade him retaining 2 mill next yr for a 3rd and 4th

lets sign franson and fiddler

the cursor should be on Burrows next, i like the guy like Bieksa but its also time to move on. Higgins and Hansen should stay put and play out their contract. they're good bottom 6 forwards that put up decent numbers. 5m combined for both of them is a bargain.

Vrbata and Hamhuis are a must trade at the deadline if we suck or a bubble team fighting for a playoffs spot. We cannot afford to hold on to them if were battling for a playoff spot. they must get something in return for them.

Archived