The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks re-sign Yannick Weber

So we have the smallest D unit in the league now. I'm pretty sure of that without doing any research.

Hahahahahaha ahaha ah haha ha ahaha ha "smallest D unit"

Perfect singing for next season Weber will help us secure a top ten draft pick while bringing a bit of excitement with that shot.

CDC on Subban, size doesn't matter.

CDC on Weber, size matters.

Clandenning and Corrado 1 inch taller than Weber but are 10 lbs lighter. Bartkowsky is 2 inches taller and 4 lbs lighter. Sbisa is 3 inches taller and 2 lbs lighter. Tanev is 3 inches taller but 15 lbs lighter.

All our d-men are taller than Weber but only Edler and Hamhuis weigh more than him. He is a stocky dude and can handle physicality. What's everyone whining about?

Weber and Bartkowski are both plugs. Bartkowski is probably a bit more well rounded, but at least Weber does one thing well - scores power play goals.

I don't mind signing one of the two, but both will probably mean we lose two of Corrado, Stanton, or Clendening through waivers as we will carry 8 d.

Oh your a genius too with all your expertise in being a NHL GM. Man what do we have JB for then when we have you guys to give us all the answers. Get a life buddy. Your reasonings have just as much speculation as the other guy. Either you are a mind reader or you have inside information. What a waste of time trying to converse with you bobbleheads. LOL

I like how posters like this get proven wrong with obvious facts.. And he lashes out in a incoherent rant lol.

Everything the poster above said was true.. Based on facts. You lost all credibility when you said Erhoff for 2@3mil is better than Webers 1 year at half the price.. You obviously don't understand JB's short and long term goals. Maybe watch a full presser sometime and you might get it.

Weber and Bartkowski are both plugs. Bartkowski is probably a bit more well rounded, but at least Weber does one thing well - scores power play goals.

I don't mind signing one of the two, but both will probably mean we lose two of Corrado, Stanton, or Clendening through waivers as we will carry 8 d.

Both NHL d-men. Weber played over Clandenning and Corrado last season, so labelling him a plug is obvious bias. Bartkowsky will be a regular before Corrado or Clandenning.

Stanton was not qualified. I'm not sure but I think Clandenning can still be called up and down without waivers. 3 years since signing or 70 games??

Clandenning and Corrado 1 inch taller than Weber but are 10 lbs lighter. Bartkowsky is 2 inches taller and 4 lbs lighter. Sbisa is 3 inches taller and 2 lbs lighter. Tanev is 3 inches taller but 15 lbs lighter.

All our d-men are taller than Weber but only Edler and Hamhuis weigh more than him. He is a stocky dude and can handle physicality. What's everyone whining about?

Weber also "brings it". He doesn't hesitate when it's his turn to fight back (unlike Ehrhoff, who was looking for a spot on the bench after every whistle).

Last year, I forget the actual game details, but Weber was right in there after taking pretty serious punishment, hat off, fierce determination, and holding his own against bigger opponents.

I prefer big hockey players, but there seems to be room in the "New NHL" for at least one shorter, offensive D-man (who is not afraid of his own shadow) on playoff winning and Cup-winning teams.

Jordan Subban is probably eyeing Weber's spot in the lineup every day; if JS can bring his talents to the NHL level, he could force Weber to the tradable assets list.

1.5 and people complain.

God, I just hate this fan base SOOOO MUCH!!!

Why do people have to paint the whole fan base or the whole of CDC with this type of post? Is there no fan or poster that you do not hate?

Most of us did not riot (and those were not Canuck fans rioting, they were entitled urban twits and professional looters and $&!#-disturbers); most of us don't jump on and off the bandwagon; most of us don't post inane comments and argue endlessly from unsustainable positions.

Why would you participate in these forums if they affect you "SOOO" negatively?

Like Jesus (I mean Hank) said about Duncan Keith after he concussed Daniel, "We don't hate anybody."

Both NHL d-men. Weber played over Clandenning and Corrado last season, so labelling him a plug is obvious bias. Bartkowsky will be a regular before Corrado or Clandenning.

Stanton was not qualified. I'm not sure but I think Clandenning can still be called up and down without waivers. 3 years since signing or 70 games??

Clendening was waiver exempt last season.

He signed with the Hawks for his 20 year old season in 2012, which gives him 3 years exemption, which just expired. He'll need to clear waivers to be sent down again.

People going on about Weber's small sample in the playoffs last year are really oversimplifying his performance.

http://www.nhl.com/stats/enhancedstats?season=20142015&gameType=3&team=VAN&position=S&country=&status=&viewName=advancedStatsSkaterShooting&sort=&ord=&gp=1

His corsi was +46 in 6 games - 4th best on the team. He and Hamhuis combined for +98. Their offensive zone starts were under 50%. They dominated play 5 on 5 - it was a matter of a lack of finish that can't be scapegoated on Weber.

People complaining about his play as if he was rag-dolled by the Flames evidently didn't pay any attention.

Well said!

• 5 months later...
On 7/4/2015 at 10:29 AM, canucklehead44 said:

we lost all 3 defensemen...

On 04/07/2015 at 9:57 AM, RWMc1 said:

He does not play physically, he cannot win a battle along the boards, he loses the puck before he can do anything with it, he plays in his own end more than the Ozone, he cannot score(even on the PP), gives up way too many chances for the other team and recently has decided to ice the puck a couple of times for no apparent reason. 

He does absolutely nothing but waste a roster spot which any rookie could fill. Bad assett management and even worse off-season signing.

1 hour ago, EdgarM said:

He does not play physically, he cannot win a battle along the boards, he loses the puck before he can do anything with it, he plays in his own end more than the Ozone, he cannot score(even on the PP), gives up way too many chances for the other team and recently has decided to ice the puck a couple of times for no apparent reason. 

He does absolutely nothing but waste a roster spot which any rookie could fill. Bad assett management and even worse off-season signing.

He has actually been playing better lately. Our #7 d-man is not the reason we have been losing so much. It's no coincidence that we have gotten points when we finally get some secondary scoring.

Archived