The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

American dentist slaughters Lion

riffraff

On a different note. Here's one for the animals:

True story:

An old logger I used to work with told me a story of the biggest baddest guy in his camp who also did the cooking saw a young deer wander into the camp. He always carried a knife and jumped onto the back of the deer from one of the machines in an attempt to kill the deer with his knife.

Result:

he nearly died as he ended up with two thumb diameter and depth holes in his lungs as the deer reverse head butted him in the chest before escaping and running away.

It was a remote spot and the punctured lung nearly was the end of him.

At least it was truly man vs animal.

We'll never know if the guy was purposely skirting the local laws, or if he really was misled by the local guides. I certainly wouldn't put it past a guide to do something illegal for a big payday...

As you say, the debate for me really comes down to the morality (or lack thereof) of trophy hunting.

All you have to do is look at this guy's previous history with breaking laws in order to trophy hunt. He's been convicted of lying to Federal officials before regarding a bear kill in Wisconsin. He's no 'innocent' party, not by a long shot.

For useless human beings who are too gutless to actually face a far superior physical animal with just their naturally acquired morphology.

Trophy hunters are as low as pedophiles and rapists.

You're exaggerating, right? Seriously, I am just about the biggest animal lover ever and from a personal preference standpoint animals >>>>>>> people but even I think you're going too far on that one. Frankly, I would love to see trophy hunting banned and any and all trophy hunters locked up for life on some remote island for being vile pathetic excuses of alleged human beings. But, from a value of life standpoint people are still ahead of animals and violating people's very beings and forever altering (and often ruining) their lives (especially children) is still worse than killing an animal even if it's completely unnecessary and for downright appalling reasons.

You're exaggerating, right? Seriously, I am just about the biggest animal lover ever and from a personal preference standpoint animals >>>>>>> people but even I think you're going too far on that one. Frankly, I would love to see trophy hunting banned and any and all trophy hunters locked up for life on some remote island for being vile pathetic excuses of alleged human beings. But, from a value of life standpoint people are still ahead of animals and violating people's very beings and forever altering (and often ruining) their lives (especially children) is still worse than killing an animal even if it's completely unnecessary and for downright appalling reasons.

Blunt is is just being passionate. He's aware.

What kind of people this doofus hangs out with I wonder..his house full of animal heads and skins..must be an amazing place..all his friends sit around and tell their stories of how they killed this one and that one..what a pile of turds..I cant believe in this day and age that someone would actually admit to murdering animals.

Blunt is is just being passionate. He's aware.

Fair enough. When there's people like that Silly Goose guy running around here, it's really hard to tell who is getting lost in the heat of the moment and who just has some really out there beliefs.

dunno why it has to be a hierarchy of crimes, like this is dante's inferno or something

"a human life is worth -10 sad points, but a dead animal is only worth -8 sad points"

nah, murder is murder

Explain..

Aside from the vulnerability and captivity factor.

So is it fine to kill exotic but plentiful Animals?

you'd be better off asking those who are outraged by this but feel like they are morally free to hunt for meat they don't need

Fair enough. When there's people like that Silly Goose guy running around here, it's really hard to tell who is getting lost in the heat of the moment and who just has some really out there beliefs.

For sure.

I vouch for the Blunt.

Interestingly we butted heads once, I believe in a game day thread. It was sand box level. But since then I've enjoyed his posts.

What kind of people this doofus hangs out with I wonder..his house full of animal heads and skins..must be an amazing place..all his friends sit around and tell their stories of how they killed this one and that one..what a pile of turds..I cant believe in this day and age that someone would actually admit to murdering animals.

Totally agree. If I went to his home without knowing I would freak out and wonder who I am dealing with.

Bizarre camp fire circle that would be.

lol.

'I deeply regret that my love of killing defenseless animals with high powered weapons from long range has killed this one particular lion.' The rest of those asshat lions deserve it!

Uhh, fark off.

Lol no kidding. And that $55,000 he gave someone just happened to fall out of his breifcase. What a piece of scum.

I have no respect for people who trophy hunt.

Disgusting, vile piece of crap.

Has kids too....aren't they proud I'm sure. Selfishly has changed their lives for the worse now as they'll have to answer for him. "My Dad killed a beautiful creature for no apparent reason at all except that he lacks in integrity and manliness".

May his life become one gigantic root canal with no freezing. Run and hide, cowardly piece of crap. I only wish that gorgeous lion had had a chance to.

Archived